Thread: For those waiting for Sigma 12-24mm

Default For those waiting for Sigma 12-24mm

Brief but interesting read.
    link

Quote Originally Posted by xdivider
    Brief but interesting read.
    link
    This is the only hope for canonians for effective 19mm for DSLRs. But I'm sure the price is a killer, not too mention that nikon release a DX 12-?? with constant aperture...

But again, this is FF.

Quote Originally Posted by offspring
    This is the only hope for canonians for effective 19mm for DSLRs. But I'm sure the price is a killer, not too mention that nikon release a DX 12-?? with constant aperture...

But again, this is FF.
    I took a look at kakaku last time. Could be in the 900-1000 range. Pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by xdivider
    I took a look at kakaku last time. Could be in the 900-1000 range. Pretty reasonable.
    Nikon's version is AF-S 12-24 f4.0 DX IF G. vs FF f 4.5-5.6 IIRC for the Sigma.

The US street price is about US$650. At current rate, it should be about S$1130. The issue now is the quality. How is the CA? Distortion? etc.
    Last edited by Watcher; 14th November 2003 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher
    Nikon's version is AF-S 12-24 f4.0 DX IF G. vs FF f 4.5-5.6 IIRC for the Sigma.

The US street price is about US$650. At current rate, it should be about S$1130. The issue now is the quality. How is the CA? Distortion? etc.
    I think askeys took some shots with this for the SD10 preview. Looked okie to me. Nikonians would probably go fot OEM unless they got film bodies as the 12-24 is a 16-24 on film.