Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Thread: Does all the photographers behave or request in this way?

Default Re: Does all the photographers behave or request in this way?

It's just an opinion.Went through his flickr site and all are of models in what he termed
    as 'conceptual' poses.Even spotted one model that I know and also some very popular
    and regulars who always featured in organised photoshoots here in CS.

Perhaps that's his 'style' of giving a challlenge to wannabes or even seasoned models
    to do this kinda of 'glamour' shoots.Looking at the bright side his shooting and lighting
    techniques are well done and on the dark side it might be a way for him to oogle at
    the female body form in various poses and what have you.

A photog is a photog and every one has their own preferences in choosing subjects
    be it portraitures,landscapes,candids,glamour,nude etc etc,so let's him give us a benefit
    of a doubt and perhaps TS was taken aback by such a request prompting her to start
    this thread.I do not know him but as I've mentioned it's just my opinion.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Quote Originally Posted by nattie View Post
    I got a request by a photographer named DV STUDIO CONCEPT that i got to perform a dance for him as a challenge before he can shoot me, the challenge is to see if i can make him high and get the feel in order to shoot, i was shocked with such request, and my friends in the same week also got such request from him, which some are even more pervertic, like need to service him in return, etc. Some he offer money, some he offer as a challenge, which me and my friends was really shocked at this photography society now, is it really like this happening now in order to get shoot?
    Could you help clarify and confirm exactly what was said?

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Well, if he's such a horrid perv, how does he still get dozens of women to pose for him in bikini/lingerie or less?

I guess his approach must work for many women.
    I also wonder

He more powerful than roger leh.. (LOL no offense bro.. j/k )

Before coming across this thread and seeing what TS has said, i've already noticed DV Studio on MM and frankly i thought that the photographer in question does have relatively good studio lighting and photography technique.

Well in the end I guess its all up to you and as mentioned by many, dont work with someone you're not comfortable with.

This is quite a gray area I guess.

On one hand, one can argue that the Photog is an eccentric who is specific of what he wants to see in a model.

On the other, one may interpret these as cheap kicks of a perv. However, as long as the photog didn't explicitly request sexual favors and keeps his hands to himself, it's hard to accuse him.

Don't get me wrong. I do NOT condone this type of lewd innuendos. If one interprets his requests as lewd in nature, just tell him you're not comfortable to work with him and walk out.

I got a request by a photographer named DV STUDIO CONCEPT that i got to perform a dance for him as a challenge before he can shoot me, the challenge is to see if i can make him high and get the feel in order to shoot, i was shocked with such request, and my friends in the same week also got such request from him, which some are even more pervertic, like need to service him in return, etc. Some he offer money, some he offer as a challenge, which me and my friends was really shocked at this photography society now, is it really like this happening now in order to get shoot?
    the internet is very dangerous place !!!

Objection !!!

I too see several grey areas, and without going into a discourse in the use or abuse of the English language, I do know that some people are severely affected by what are mischeivious or teasing phrases, which were actually harmless in intent, and as a result, misconstrue them, and cast judgement. Having said that, I have met only a few locals who have what it takes to be successfully flirtatious/mischeivious and humorous with a glint of charming deviousness all at the same time. I suspect for the greater majority, such attempts may end up sounding quite off-colour.

I am NOT casting judgement either way in this instance, on either party, as no one has offered ANY EVIDENCE that points either way. What is evident, and as pointed out, is that the accused's body of works seem to exhibit a fair amount of aesthetic flair is some of the series, though somewhat repititious, and obviously projects a certain degree of technical craftsmanship and skill. I have personally seen far more vulgar work and comments posted up publically in CS.

Despite all the mud slinging and rethorics I see coming up, I feel good. I had the most wonderful intercourse with another photographer at MacDonalds today. Does that make me a pervert or sexual fiend?
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 11th May 2009 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    I too see several grey areas, and without going into a discourse in the use or abuse of the English language, I do know that some people are severely affected by what are mischeivious or teasing phrases, which were actually harmless in intent, and as a result, misconstrue them, and cast judgement. Having said that, I have met only a few locals who have what it takes to be successfully flirtatious/mischeivious and humorous with a glint of charming deviousness all at the same time. I suspect for the greater majority, such attempts may end up sounding quite off-colour.

I am NOT casting judgement either way in this instance, on either party, as no one has offered ANY EVIDENCE that points either way. What is evident, and as pointed out, is that the accused's body of works seem to exhibit a fair amount of aesthetic flair is some of the series, though somewhat repititious, and obviously projects a certain degree of technical craftsmanship and skill. I have personally seen far more vulgar work and comments posted up publically in CS.

Despite all the mud slinging and rethorics I see coming up, I feel good. I had the most wonderful intercourse with another photographer at MacDonalds today. Does that make me a pervert or sexual fiend?
    it makes u a cunning linguist.

Quote Originally Posted by g-khoo View Post
    I also wonder

He more powerful than roger leh.. (LOL no offense bro.. j/k )

Before coming across this thread and seeing what TS has said, i've already noticed DV Studio on MM and frankly i thought that the photographer in question does have relatively good studio lighting and photography technique.

Well in the end I guess its all up to you and as mentioned by many, dont work with someone you're not comfortable with.
    Jeez.. you sure ? FF is so much better in lightings setup... I rather praise FF

Send in a report to police. He could be a mass pervert on the wanted list. Also do remember, he could be a wolf in sheep's clothings. Acting to be a photographer when he is not.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    it makes u a cunning linguist.

Flip, it appears yours has become the (technical) yardstick by which others are now judged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Send in a report to police. He could be a mass pervert on the wanted list. Also do remember, he could be a wolf in sheep's clothings. Acting to be a photographer when he is not.

GMAN

Please bear in mind that TS has not come back with clarification or evidence.

Please bear in mind, that it was just a word of advice if it was true. And besides, not everyone would be open to share personal stuff to everyone. Give the benefit of doubt.

GMAN

A good judge does not listen to only one side of the story.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

Quote Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
    You can let 1 convict escape, but no innocent should be convicted.

GMAN

this one still not bad ..
    the other time i 'browse' across this photographer

he stated ..
    female model must be able to pose nude with male model
    and the male model will be himself

so i wonder who is gg to take the photos

Hi, as he's in my email and does not have an email account, I decided to help him post his reply to this thread here.

BY DV STUDIO CONCEPTS:

i appreciate cheryl helping me to post on my behalf, as i don't have a clubsnap account. first, I would like to clarify that, I have no idea who the TS nattie is. I have spoken to a lot of people, so nattie, you might like to indicate your name, as I really have no re-collection of approaching you for a shoot before.

All the models I worked with did my shoots on their own free will. There is no coercion. If my manner of speech offended any models or photographers, I am deeply sorry, but this absolutely does not reflect me as a “pervert using my websites to lure preys” as quoted by one of the poster here.

I would also like to thank those who remained neutral and actually spoke up for me to a certain extent. To the TS, I would welcome the chance to clear things up with you, you might want to add me up in MSN, or drop me an email, as my msn and email are already splashed across this thread.

*end*
    I'm on neutral stand, just helping him to bring across his message.

You can let 1 convict escape, but no innocent should be convicted.

GMAN
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
    Please bear in mind, that it was just a word of advice if it was true. And besides, not everyone would be open to share personal stuff to everyone. Give the benefit of doubt.

GMAN

GMAN
    Gman...guys...cool it.

Right now we are working blind here. Whatever that has been said thus far is based on circumstantial evidence and hearsay. What I am expecting to get here are one or if not two things:

1) the T/S account of the alleged conversation
    2) any models who have worked with him before, are able to provide a certain form of feedback.

While yes, we may be pushing for a clean up. But this situation may be misconstrued. Lest we come out with fangs baring and baying for blood, let us ascertain the situation here first before making any judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl852 View Post
    Hi, as he's in my email and does not have an email account, I decided to help him post his reply to this thread here.

BY DV STUDIO CONCEPTS:

i appreciate cheryl helping me to post on my behalf, as i don't have a clubsnap account. first, I would like to clarify that, I have no idea who the TS nattie is. I have spoken to a lot of people, so nattie, you might like to indicate your name, as I really have no re-collection of approaching you for a shoot before.

All the models I worked with did my shoots on their own free will. There is no coercion. If my manner of speech offended any models or photographers, I am deeply sorry, but this absolutely does not reflect me as a “pervert using my websites to lure preys” as quoted by one of the poster here.

I would also like to thank those who remained neutral and actually spoke up for me to a certain extent. To the TS, I would welcome the chance to clear things up with you, you might want to add me up in MSN, or drop me an email, as my msn and email are already splashed across this thread.

*end*
    I'm on neutral stand, just helping him to bring across his message.

thanks cheryl for the input....

now we just have to ascertain the alleged conversation between T/S and himself.

Apparently, "indecent" is a subjective word in this context?

Is there really a case?

Although I agree with your last statement in post#34, but unless the PGs actions is deemed as "offensive" to majority, if not all, of the models, there is really no case against the PG in question right?

Hopefully he does not give the other PGs in CS (and outside CS) a bad name.. (which unfortunately he seems to have already did, judging from TS's 1st post)....

Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    Couple of models here (prominent ones) has taken shots with him before, and so far what I have read, they have enjoyed working with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    To T/S,

There is a need to establish a something based on what you have posted in this thread. First off, a couple of models on CS has worked with him before and so far nothing has been heard from them as to any indecent proposals by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Apparently, "indecent" is a subjective word in this context?

Is there really a case?

Although I agree with your last statement in post#34, but unless the PGs actions is deemed as "offensive" to majority, if not all, of the models, there is really no case against the PG in question right?

Hopefully he does not give the other PGs in CS (and outside CS) a bad name.. (which unfortunately he seems to have already did, judging from TS's 1st post)....
    you are absolutely right in this sense.

so while prima facie there seems to be a case against the PGer, we cannot afix a tag to state he is one who has allegedly been suggesting these actions as such.

until we get further word either frm the T/S herself or other models, then we might be able to establish something concrete.

at this point I am not taking sides. I want to hear all sides first.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast