Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Get Mac now or wait till PC Show?

Default Re: Get Mac now or wait till PC Show?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Wiindows 7 coming!
    And I have yet i have yet to own a Vista PC. Use them at work yes, but not at home. I wonder why... Hahahahahaha. Wonder why I'm switching to Mac too!

Quote Originally Posted by thengz View Post
    And I have yet i have yet to own a Vista PC. Use them at work yes, but not at home. I wonder why... Hahahahahaha. Wonder why I'm switching to Mac too!
    I have Vista and i hate it. I'm thinking about the Mac too. Because last year, i just bought a new laptop. My old laptop ran out of space, too big, heavy, and i wanted the programs that were on the laptop, so i got another laptop. Now i'm wondering if i should get a Mac....use the laptop only for school. Can't run the risk of personal enjoyment and entertainment on the laptop. Too many valuble stuff inside. My main PC, kicking bucket already. Now digging grave. Haha.

GMAN

Wiindows 7 coming!
    Snow Leopard is coming too

Quote Originally Posted by Lightworkz View Post
    Actually if i do get a MAC, i'm more than contended with the current OS. Haha. Just not windows.

GMAN

Since it is Snow Leopard, does it mean it comes out in white snowy Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    Actually if i do get a MAC, i'm more than contended with the current OS. Haha. Just not windows.

GMAN
    You have a 3rd option : LINUX

You have a 3rd option : LINUX
    Yupp, but i don't have the time to install. Haha.

GMAN

Since it is Snow Leopard, does it mean it comes out in white snowy Christmas?
    Maybe maybe, but signs are pointing to a August-September release if it goes as predicted. zfs simply rocks! Imagine building a raid 5 directly from your OS or maybe having zfs taking care of your data integrity automatically.....your data will never get corrupted, no bad sector craps.....how does it sounds?

http://blogs.zdnet.com/storage/?p=335

the last time i heard from a mac-know-it-all friend is that the Snow Leopard is not for end users like us. it wont be installed in the mac/imacs line up. tat was wat i was told. just have to wait for announcement from them i guess.

btw even mac running windows OS is way way more stable than windows in pcs/laptops
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

Quote Originally Posted by GoheadGostern View Post
    the last time i heard from a mac-know-it-all friend is that the Snow Leopard is not for end users like us. it wont be installed in the mac/imacs line up. tat was wat i was told. just have to wait for announcement from them i guess.

btw even mac running windows OS is way way more stable than windows in pcs/laptops
    Yes, Snow Leopard is ideal for servers, but SL is the next version of OS X or ver 10.6, how can this be not install on consumer Macs? Maybe. Let's wait for Apple announcement in June. Anyhow, Leopard (10.5.6) already pawns Windows 7 deep deep.

haha. this is like a scenario of camera users. all saying their camera is better than the other brand. ( not intending to start a brand war here. just a comparison)
    | An army of sheep led by a lion are more to be feared than an army of lions led by a sheep. |

Yes, Snow Leopard is ideal for servers, but SL is the next version of OS X or ver 10.6, how can this be not install on consumer Macs? Maybe. Let's wait for Apple announcement in June. Anyhow, Leopard (10.5.6) already pawns Windows 7 deep deep.
    Leopard is better. But Windows users don't care and still will be using Windows.

Leopard is better. But Windows users don't care and still will be using Windows.
    thanks for the compliments. im sure this will make mac users smile.

I care, so i'm trying not to use windows and jump ship. Haha.

GMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja23XX View Post
    I care, so i'm trying not to use windows and jump ship. Haha.

GMAN
    I find that OSX is a very well designed OS. Can see that the designers have thought out thoroughly well in every aspect, even in fine details.

All my friends who are using Windows are so used to it that they dun want to change. They just dunno what they have been missing out.

I find that OSX is a very well designed OS. Can see that the designers have thought out thoroughly well in every aspect, even in fine details.

All my friends who are using Windows are so used to it that they dun want to change. They just dunno what they have been missing out.
    I agree, i've always like Mac since young. The only Windows platform i like was Windows 95 and 98. Stable and good to use.

GMAN

the snow is a condensed version & cosmetically improved OSX.

Get the mac when you need one and not succumb to the endless chase...

While PC gets cheaper and cheaper, mac is not getting much cheaper unfortunately.

Perhaps, there will be a netbook version of mac next year.. perhaps... but dont quote me hor...

Buy online with education discount

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post
    Buy online with education discount
    You should be able to get the educational discount at the epicentre shops too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123