Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOD's please read and reply !!!

Default Re: MOD's please read and reply !!!

Quote Originally Posted by kkcharles82 View Post
    As we in the forum have said before and I will repeat this in case someone does not understand or read it "this is a non-profit, non-commercial and most of all non-paying forum, it is supported by members, and some reasonable amount of commercial funding through donations, advertisements and item sales, i.e. mass sale, etc.. The admins, moderators and members have NO OBLIGATIONS to ensure the accuracy, integrity of commercial activities happening within the forum. All models or photographers, members or public, that take part in photoshoots, or any other form of commercial activities linked directly or indirectly to photography through this forum do so AT THEIR OWN RISK. Caveat Emptor."
    I think you are totally ignorant and simplistic
    Please think "deeper" before you type a blanket disclaimer
    always the Light, .... always.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    I think you are totally ignorant and simplistic
    Please think "deeper" before you type a blanket disclaimer
    Why do you highlighted these in Red and also make it into bigger font ? "this is a non-profit, non-commercial and most of all non-paying forum", "have NO OBLIGATIONS"

Your point being? or insinuating something against CS admin?
    Last edited by chngpe01; 15th May 2009 at 12:48 AM.

vince123123
    Guests

I do agree that the admin has no obligations to ensure the accuracy, integrity of commercial activities happening within the forum. If they choose to do so, it is out of their own free and goodwill, not something that is owed to anyone or have to justify to anyone.

i'm no mod but i seriously think these bunch of threads should be closed. It's just become meaningless finger-pointing and flaming

Besides, imho, it's fine that TS is passionate about this issue, but starting a thread about the same issue every few days in akin to spamming

Quote Originally Posted by chngpe01 View Post
    Why do you highlighted these in Red and also make it into bigger font ? "this is a non-profit, non-commercial and most of all non-paying forum", "have NO OBLIGATIONS"

Your point being? or insinuating something against CS admin?
    There is nothing for me, or is there any need for one to insinuate anything against anyone here but it was highlighted to bring out my interpretation.

In Sg, all non-profit, non-commercial (but with monetary transactions) organisation must be registered with the Inland Revenue, and as such, and from what I see, there is nothing stated anywhere here to state such a license exists here. As such, it is legally wrong to call this setup as a non-profit, non-commercial organisation, since there are quite a few of commercial transactions here, such as payments from members and shoot organizers, and other incomes etc...

Unless there is some kind of approval from the IRA which I do not know of, I am of course not in agreement with what Charles has stated in RED.
    Those not highlighted, I did not disagree.

However, i may be wrong on these points which some accountants can clarify.

As for the "no obligation" part, I am always have the impression that the mods are here because they have some "kinds of obligation" to safeguard and so there are moderators, and of course it is not totally true that they have totally no obligation, both morally and legally .... and of course this is in the grey area I may be wrong here too, but this is my view. Am I allow to voice my opinion?

Blog Entries

There is nothing for me, or is there any need for one to insinuate anything against anyone here but it was highlighted to bring out my interpretation.

In Sg, all non-profit, non-commercial (but with monetary transactions) organisation must be registered with the Inland Revenue, and as such, and from what I see, there is nothing stated anywhere here to state such a license exists here. As such, it is legally wrong to call this setup as a non-profit, non-commercial organisation, since there are quite a few of commercial transactions here, such as payments from members and shoot organizers, and other incomes etc...

Unless there is some kind of approval from the IRA which I do not know of, I am of course not in agreement with what Charles has stated in RED.
    Those not highlighted, I did not disagree.

However, i may be wrong on these points which some accountants can clarify.

As for the "no obligation" part, I am always have the impression that the mods are here because they have some "kinds of obligation" to safeguard and so there are moderators, and of course it is not totally true that they have totally no obligation, both morally and legally .... and of course this is in the grey area I may be wrong here too, but this is my view. Am I allow to voice my opinion?
    This reply should have been posted earlier, rather then stopping there with this "I think you are totally ignorant and simplistic. Please think "deeper" before you type a blanket disclaimer " As much as you are allow to voice your opinion, I am also allowed to question your motive, if your posting is not clear and seems to insinuate other meaning against the Admins and mods. As for accounting procedure I will leave it to the experts, all I know is that you paid nothing for here in this forum.

So sorry if I didnt explain my view as I am still only able to write at the various airports in the US.
    I am not paying directly to the owners here but I am contributing to the paying CS organizers of various shoots and as such i would classify myself as a positive contributor.

So sorry if I didnt explain my view as I am still only able to write at the various airports in the US.
    I am not paying directly to the owners here but I am contributing to the paying CS organizers of various shoots and as such i would classify myself as a positive contributor.
    U always have ways to twist the story around after u make a jab at the administration. Using iphone so cannot see my smilies so :applause:

So now we should be at your mercy cos you are our indirect sponsor?

But tell u the truth hor. U know mods are not paid a single cent. Go outing we pay for our own expenses. And when i see such post. I just felt like deregistering u like a spammer. And then why bother wasting my time constantly wary of ppl like u in forum?

Wasted another 5 mins... Damn...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

vince123123
    Guests

Moral obligation is the subject of dispute depending on whose moral compass you are using. But legal obligation? Really? Care to elaborate and cite the relevant legal authorities?

vince123123
    Guests

Agree with you - I'm not sure why there appears to be a difference in treatment as far as cross posting is concerned.

Both the original series of threads, as well as this current one, span across several forums but relate to the same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus Trent View Post
    i'm no mod but i seriously think these bunch of threads should be closed. It's just become meaningless finger-pointing and flaming

Besides, imho, it's fine that TS is passionate about this issue, but starting a thread about the same issue every few days in akin to spamming

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Agree with you - I'm not sure why there appears to be a difference in treatment as far as cross posting is concerned.

Both the original series of threads, as well as this current one, span across several forums but relate to the same topic.
    not really a preferential treatment or of some sort like that. its more like, if i delete, then being his character, he will sure cry more foul.

but now he seems to have disappeared. i guess we can just leave this thread alone. unless he wanna have a reply later on, be my guest.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by kkcharles82 View Post
    As we in the forum have said before and I will repeat this in case someone does not understand or read it "this is a non-profit, non-commercial and most of all non-paying forum, it is supported by members, and some reasonable amount of commercial funding through donations, advertisements and item sales, i.e. mass sale, etc..
    In Sg, all non-profit, non-commercial (but with monetary transactions) organisation must be registered with the Inland Revenue, and as such, and from what I see, there is nothing stated anywhere here to state such a license exists here. As such, it is legally wrong to call this setup as a non-profit, non-commercial organisation, since there are quite a few of commercial transactions here, such as payments from members and shoot organizers, and other incomes etc...:
    Sorry to OT a bit. I don't care so much about the formal, legal, or proper definition of a "non-profit, non-commercial organization".
    To me, CS is non-profit and non-commercial because I didn't have to pay a single cent to join this forum.

I get good photography advise for free, I benefited from the B&S and MO sections, I'm kept entertained by the funny posts here...all free.
    If members who wish to do business here have to pay a fee for it, so be it, it's all fair and open.

Anyway, the topic of this thread is "MOD's please read and reply". Now that they have, I think it's time for TS to give his reply as well.
    Last edited by HeiPiGu; 15th May 2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: tidy

vince123123
    Guests

Not really suggesting a preferential treatment, but I guess to be consistent, maybe just consolidate as is the standard mod practice whenever cross posting occurs. For some reason his three threads and night86mare's two threads on the same topic were left standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    not really a preferential treatment or of some sort like that. its more like, if i delete, then being his character, he will sure cry more foul.

but now he seems to have disappeared. i guess we can just leave this thread alone. unless he wanna have a reply later on, be my guest.

Not really suggesting a preferential treatment, but I guess to be consistent, maybe just consolidate as is the standard mod practice whenever cross posting occurs. For some reason his three threads and night86mare's two threads on the same topic were left standing.
    mabby merge them for a "condolidated view" since they are sorta related.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

vince123123
    Guests

Yea, that was what I was suggesting initially as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    mabby merge them for a "condolidated view" since they are sorta related.

to be fair. actually nightmare's thread was 1 in FAQ, 1 in Kopitiam, both in different direction actually, but both are closed by him already, or iirc.

then pablo started this thread which he deleted it. then another 1 about asking ppl to start a poll, then another to the admins. then he wanted to revive this thread, which ortega did. hence the 3 thread.

If we was to consolidate, he will cry foul... like what he did over all 3 threads. Its clearer as seen like this. Will close it when there is lesser response or if he want to have a truce of some sort.

vince123123
    Guests

Hmm, okay, actually I thought the nightmare thread both i KPT and Faq was about the exact same thing. He posted in KPT because of a view that threads in FAQ do not receive much audience. I'm not sure if a precedent should be set to cross post in KPT to get more views each time an FAQ thread appears to have little views. Anyway since both closed no need to think further on this.

For the current Pablo series, I think the current sentiment among most people is that they are referring to the same thing. I'm not sure it is a good policy to allow cross posts over minor differences, in which case, people will just make many threads and just change it to address different people but all talking about the same topic.

Anyway, I'll leave it to the moderative discretion of you guys to make the final decision, just thought I highlight what I see so that cross posting will not slowly come back (thot the mod/admin team did a good job in eradicating them all this time).

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    to be fair. actually nightmare's thread was 1 in FAQ, 1 in Kopitiam, both in different direction actually, but both are closed by him already, or iirc.

then pablo started this thread which he deleted it. then another 1 about asking ppl to start a poll, then another to the admins. then he wanted to revive this thread, which ortega did. hence the 3 thread.

If we was to consolidate, he will cry foul... like what he did over all 3 threads. Its clearer as seen like this. Will close it when there is lesser response or if he want to have a truce of some sort.

Thumbs up Re: MOD's please read and reply !!!

i support yr view.

Hmm, okay, actually I thought the nightmare thread both i KPT and Faq was about the exact same thing. He posted in KPT because of a view that threads in FAQ do not receive much audience. I'm not sure if a precedent should be set to cross post in KPT to get more views each time an FAQ thread appears to have little views. Anyway since both closed no need to think further on this.

For the current Pablo series, I think the current sentiment among most people is that they are referring to the same thing. I'm not sure it is a good policy to allow cross posts over minor differences, in which case, people will just make many threads and just change it to address different people but all talking about the same topic.

Anyway, I'll leave it to the moderative discretion of you guys to make the final decision, just thought I highlight what I see so that cross posting will not slowly come back (thot the mod/admin team did a good job in eradicating them all this time).

vince123123
    Guests

Thanks, I thought I was the only one speaking up on that :P

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    i support yr view.

Just wanted to warn that in another local forum 1month ago, there was a similar case of member suddenly stir up questions among moderators and admin with bad intentions.

Unfortunately for that forum, many concerning members were tricked into the chain of conversation causing very serious argument. And there were accomplice too.
    But I won't elaborate the real intention of that TS in that forum.

So beware DON'T fall into such tricks here. Ignore the thread starter and any flamers to prevent cyclone effect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123