Thread: First post

Default First post

Hiya! I'm a newbie who just discovered photography, and this forum. I didn't know where to start but have just got me a G10. Had fun tinkering with all the controls which are new to me. Hope I can pick up some tips here and get me a DSLR soon when I'm more confident with it.

Default Re: First post

Welcome to CS, enjoy your stay. Read the Newbies Guide here so that tinkering turns into conscious selecting and applying

Welcome to CS!

Quote Originally Posted by isharkey View Post
    Hiya! I'm a newbie who just discovered photography, and this forum. I didn't know where to start but have just got me a G10. Had fun tinkering with all the controls which are new to me. Hope I can pick up some tips here and get me a DSLR soon when I'm more confident with it.
    hi isharkey, welcome to CS.
    don't worry about whether you shoot with a compact or DSLR. i also shoot with the canon G10 even though i have several other cameras and lenses.

the G10 is what i would consider a 'professional compact'; it is a very capable camera indeed. i use it as a backup on my overseas trips.

many of my friends cannot tell the difference between pictures taken on the G10 and other DSLR.

learn to use the features. Shoot more to gain experience.

i'd be happy to even go out on shoots with a G10 users' group.

you may reach me at sf_kang@pacific.net.sg

happy shooting.

fred

Hello...welcome.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Wow. This is amazing. Thanks heaps for your warm welcomes. Yes, the newbies guide seems like a good place to start. I'm still trying to figure out what all the controls for apperture, shutter speed, exposure, iso, etc. mean.

Hi! Welcome to CS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by isharkey View Post
    Wow. This is amazing. Thanks heaps for your warm welcomes. Yes, the newbies guide seems like a good place to start. I'm still trying to figure out what all the controls for apperture, shutter speed, exposure, iso, etc. mean.
    Welcome... have fun reading and keep practising... it's the best way to learn...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site