Page 52 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2274247505152535457 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1231

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

  1. #1021

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Cateye, u haven't answer my question ha.

    So u mean u manufacture torchlight yourself? i mean where you get the light bulb, where is the source and ..or your just fabricate the casing only?

  2. #1022
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,088

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Yeah guys no need to get so worked up. Everyone has their own POV & I'm sure CatEYE knows what he's doing, what are the boundaries & consequences & if not then he'll have to run the risk of being sued! Heck, even his nick is a copy mah

    And by the way Piper, it's Mr. Sim Wong Hoo.
    Last edited by cyrilng; 8th March 2006 at 01:40 PM.

  3. #1023

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    ok,ok, Mr. Sim Wong Hoo, my bad.

  4. #1024
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Simei, Punggol Central
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Ha dun know that torchlight can be a hobby for some and managed to see this thread.
    I just got myself a C2 Centurion for my Girlfriend for her outdoor camp next week. And at the same time she can also use it for her own protection in future.
    Wonder is this model good enough to blind a person temporary? The pathway to her house quite wulu and scary cos of major upgrades. so got one for her to carry around.
    Anyway I got this light in a rush and i pay for $200. Have I been a carrot head?
    Shall have see this thread earlier.
    Last edited by blurrblurr; 8th March 2006 at 10:33 PM.

  5. #1025
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr
    Ha dun know that torchlight can be a hobby for some and managed to see this thread.
    I just got myself a C2 Centurion for my Girlfriend for her outdoor camp next week. And at the same time she can also use it for her own protection in future.
    Wonder is this model good enough to blind a person temporary? The pathway to her house quite wulu and scary cos of major upgrades. so got one for her to carry around.
    Anyway I got this light in a rush and i pay for $200. Have I been a carrot head?
    Shall have see this thread earlier.
    The G2 Nitrolon costs only $60 and is just as powerful! Both are at 65 lumens for the P60 and 120lumens for the P61! Though the finish of the G2 is Nitrolon polymer..
    Last edited by +evenstar; 8th March 2006 at 11:00 PM.
    eat. drink. shoot

  6. #1026
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tel:67288415
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    To LENS : I don't make/assembly the high-pressure xenon bulb, there are many factories globally making xenon bulbs, or even you can buy those essential raw-materials & parts from some big famous factories, but, provided u can buy in bulk, have the facilities, equipment & know-hows to assembly your own final products... Reflector for the lamp-assembly & the host can be fabricated by my side.

    To Piper : The way u put it is like I have "already" made thousands of Surefire's 6P clone & selling them making a lot of money already...? That's see me too up liao! Don't need to think that far lah, I am not there yet, don't have the intention either

    In order for business to grow & sustain in tough competitive business, they seriously will need more & much more than just designs & copy-rights. It won't be that simple to steal business from company this size like Surefire, they have more "secret-weapon" than we can imaging.

  7. #1027

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr
    Ha dun know that torchlight can be a hobby for some and managed to see this thread.
    I just got myself a C2 Centurion for my Girlfriend for her outdoor camp next week. And at the same time she can also use it for her own protection in future.
    Wonder is this model good enough to blind a person temporary? The pathway to her house quite wulu and scary cos of major upgrades. so got one for her to carry around.
    Anyway I got this light in a rush and i pay for $200. Have I been a carrot head?
    Shall have see this thread earlier.
    1) effective in blinding an attacker or not depends on many factors which is difficult to say, I'll let other expert here explain lah. I don't use my Surefire to dis-oriented people.

    2) $200.00? Which version did you get? There are 2 versions of C2. The black one (cheaper) and the HAIII one (more ex, it is olive green in colour). Put it this way, $200 for the HA3 version is not a too bad price but not the best price either. Can get it a bit cheaper though. The black one is the anodised level 2 and is like gross black finish, is cheaper because it is easier to make and less tough. The HA3 finish is beautiful! Where did you get it from? locally or oversea?

    3) The G2 is a good budget Surefire light, the Nitrolon Polymer is extremely tough so tough that it can withstand heat and shock, however, the G2 lens is only a lexan plastic. The higher end Surefires use tempered Pyrex glass lens which will give better light transmission so the C2 is slightly brighter than the G2 but is not easily noticeble to the human eyes. I would say the G2 is the toughest Surefire light and is very affordable.

    Enjoy you new light.
    Last edited by Piper; 8th March 2006 at 11:53 PM.

  8. #1028

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by CatEYE

    To Piper : The way u put it is like I have "already" made thousands of Surefire's 6P clone & selling them making a lot of money already...? That's see me too up liao! Don't need to think that far lah, I am not there yet, don't have the intention either
    Hahaha! You got damn good imagination. Try harder next time lah.
    Last edited by Piper; 11th March 2006 at 12:28 PM.

  9. #1029
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Simei, Punggol Central
    Posts
    833

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    1) effective in blinding an attacker or not depends on many factors which is difficult to say, I'll let other expert here explain lah. I don't use my Surefire to dis-oriented people.

    2) $200.00? Which version did you get? There are 2 versions of C2. The black one (cheaper) and the HAIII one (more ex, it is olive green in colour). Put it this way, $200 for the HA3 version is not a too bad price but not the best price either. Can get it a bit cheaper though. The black one is the anodised level 2 and is like gross black finish, is cheaper because it is easier to make and less tough. The HA3 finish is beautiful! Where did you get it from? locally or oversea?

    3) The G2 is a good budget Surefire light, the Nitrolon Polymer is extremely tough so tough that it can withstand heat and shock, however, the G2 lens is only a lexan plastic. The higher end Surefires use tempered Pyrex glass lens which will give better light transmission so the C2 is slightly brighter than the G2 but is not easily noticeble to the human eyes. I would say the G2 is the toughest Surefire light and is very affordable.

    Enjoy you new light.
    Mine is the black one the cheaper version! look like I got con... bought it somewhere near the army market
    Last edited by blurrblurr; 9th March 2006 at 01:27 AM.

  10. #1030

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by blurrblurr
    Mine is the black one the cheaper version! look like I got con... bought it somewhere near the army market
    Never mind lah, the C2 is a good torchlight, I love my C2. Army market? I think you are talking about the shop next to the beach road hawker centre right? The first unit on a fow of shops there. Haha. You can get a shock-isolated bezel and upgrade your C2 to a M2 Millennium, FYI. If if want to get one for yourself, I introduce you the G2Z, it is cheaper than the C2 but have similar features, made of Nitrolon, use Pyrex lens. It has the rubber grip like the C2. Got 4 colors too choose. Cost about $150.00. It is very very tough. I drop mine many times and it shows no nicks and dings. If you use a light frequently at night, then I suggest you get a 2 stage light or other multiple stage light, it can save you a lot of batteries. My favourite is the A2 Aviator. Anyway, if you want to a get Surefire, just drop me a PM and I can help you answer you Sirefire question before you make the purchase. You can't go wrong with Surefire.

  11. #1031

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Hi guys.....i'm newbie in cs. I ve got a few surefire, inova T4 and few mag. The best and most use is E2l. Luv the run time and throw,surefire rockkks.Hopefully one day can get a hold of A2 or U2 it would be great.
    Cheers

  12. #1032

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by dick1971
    Hi guys.....i'm newbie in cs. I ve got a few surefire, inova T4 and few mag. The best and most use is E2l. Luv the run time and throw,surefire rockkks.Hopefully one day can get a hold of A2 or U2 it would be great.
    Cheers
    hey! welcome on board. I have two A2's and I never regretted getting them. The green one is brighter than the white one, and IMO the A2 is the sure-must-have light for hobbyists. It has the best CCR (Correlated Colour Rendition) in the business because it is one of the only regulated incans out there. The A2 incans tint colour remains the same throughout its runtime and that is what give its an excellent CCR! It is very white! White incan is much much better than LED when use for outdoor. It is simply more pleasing to use, because it resembles the sunlight.

  13. #1033

    Default Surefire M6 Guardian super torch and Gladius for sale

    Hi,

    I have 1 more light for sale. The Surefire Lumamax L6. The L6 is a Luxeon V LED light at deliver about 70~80 lumens of light, the beam is white Condition is as good as new, absolutely no nicks and dings. PM me to discuss.

    L6 info :- http://ledmuseum.thefire.us/l6.htm

    http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/L6%20Digtal%20Lumamax.htm

    http://members.aol.com/qn9513/myhome...shlightl6.html

    Note that those prices stated in the links are in US$.
    Last edited by Zephirum; 27th March 2006 at 03:21 AM.

  14. #1034
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore - Jurong West
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    I've been absent a long long time from this thread. Lol! Busy with other stuff.
    Anyway, just a quick insert here, if you still want those Duracell 123s which are split from 223s, you can PM me. Pricing is $1.50 per cell now. Getting rid of stock. Money stuck there for long time.

    Can meet up or can mail.

    For history, can check this link

    *edit* forgot to add link*

    Here
    Last edited by Nerd; 25th March 2006 at 01:39 PM.

  15. #1035

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Hi guys,

    sidetrack abit, anyone can recomend some "ok" torchlights that runs on 2~4AA batts?
    budget of $50, wanna buy for a overseas trip.

    hehe..thanks in advance

  16. #1036
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by xiaolanku
    Hi guys,

    sidetrack abit, anyone can recomend some "ok" torchlights that runs on 2~4AA batts?
    budget of $50, wanna buy for a overseas trip.

    hehe..thanks in advance
    Mini Maglite ~$25 at DIY shops
    eat. drink. shoot

  17. #1037
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/MAG%20951%20II.htm

    this light looks interesting....~820lumens!!
    eat. drink. shoot

  18. #1038

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Underwater Kinetic Q40, Streamlight 4AA Propolymer, Princeton Tec 40 and Bright Star Responder 4AA. All these lights are much brighter than the MiniM@g, use AA batteries snd cost less than $50.00. You can find them in some shops in beach road market.

  19. #1039

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/MAG%20951%20II.htm

    this light looks interesting....~820lumens!!

    Haha! I got one of this, self modded from a 3D M@g host. Is bright, but I still prefer the Surefire M6, the M6 has bigger hotspot with lots of useful sidespill. I don't know, I find that the M6 puts out more liight than my 1185 modded M@g.

  20. #1040
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,088

    Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

    Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Mini Maglite ~$25 at DIY shops
    Those really suck unless you can get the LED drop-in modules.

    I second Piper's recommendations.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •