Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456710153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

There are size differences.

2x123 lights

E2E/E2O uses a MN02 or MN03 bulb with different brightness. It is very small, very compact and puts out a very respectable amount of light.

6P is another light that allows the use of a P60 lamp assembly. It's slightly brighter and the beam pattern is slightly different from a E2 series light. It can throw slightly furthur

C2 is a modification of 6P with a nice grip ring so that you can hold it combat style, along with a piston, with your index and your middle finger gripping the ring and your thumb pressing the tail cap switch, very comfortable if you are also using a pistol (as these are tactical lights, they designed to be used in tactical situations)

M2 is a C2 with a modification to the bezel. It has shock isolation which will help lengthen the life of the lamp assembly because when you fire a piston, there is tremendous force backwards.

G2 is made using nitrolon, lighter than aluminium and much more scratch resistant as it won't show up unlike on aluminium

G2Z is a G2 with a rubber ring that allows you to grip it combat style, like the C2.

G2Z has a nicer grip, is lighter, has pyrex lens which allows higher light transmission, doesn't melt under the high temperature that higher output Lamp Assemblies will produce. It's a good starting Surefire light.

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Hi Andy, Thanks for your advice.

I went thought surefire website and I can't seems to find any diff between all the personal lights, Most of them accept 2 123 batt and use the same P60 light bulb which produce the same light intensity,

So what would be the diff between the G2Z that you recommend and the old model 6Z. (except 6Z is Aluminium and G2Z is plastic) n I thought Alum is better than plastic

Please advice n Thank you
    Morgan Oh
    Hi Morgan,

Thank you for writing. I suggest you get the G2Z as the plastic body is not some lousy plastic. If you have more budget then go for the C2 or M2.

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Hi Morgan,

Thank you for writing. I suggest you get the G2Z as the plastic body is not some lousy plastic. If you have more budget then go for the C2 or M2.

Andy Ho
    Hi andy, Can I have a few more questions better I buy the flash this coming Sat?

I would like something small and allow me to upgrade to a 120lumen bulb (main purpose is for self defence during my overseas trip)

Who the old model 6Z be better than G2Z?

What is the advantage of G2Z over the 6Z or 6P or Z2?

Is the plastic body better than the alumin one?

how much is the inova x5t? anybody selling?

Hi andy, Can I have a few more questions better I buy the flash this coming Sat?

I would like something small and allow me to upgrade to a 120lumen bulb (main purpose is for self defence during my overseas trip)

Who the old model 6Z be better than G2Z?

What is the advantage of G2Z over the 6Z or 6P or Z2?

Is the plastic body better than the alumin one?
    Hi Morgan,

The 6P is a good light but it may be discontinued soon (just my wild guess). It is best you forget about the 6Z. It is an old model. Would you rather pay so much for a discontinued model? If you are interested go for this few models.

Surefire Z2 Combatlight
    Surefire C2 Centurion
    Surefire G2Z Nitrolon Combatlight

Reason for my recommendation is that all uses P60 with 65 lumens bulb head that runs at 60 mins run time (battery run time) and is changeable to P61 with 120 lumens head but depletes 2 CR123 batts in 20 mins (P61 lamp head is optional accessory with these 3 models).

C2 Centurion is the most expensive among the 3 and it is made of Type III hard anodized aluminium which is the toughest aluminium you can get. It has a scratch resistant Pyrex lens in front and features a belt/pocket clip. Body design is similar to the M2 Millennium that I have but not as shock resistant.

Z2 Combatlight is value for money considering it is made of aluminium. Instead of a belt/pocket clip, it features an adjustable rubber ring for placement of your index and middle finger so that you hold the torch like a doctor would hold a syringe. This is designed for use with a firearm when utilizing the Rogers/Surefire holding technique (left hand holding the touch and clasp to right hand with the handgun). It comes also with a lanyard cord for you to hang around your neck.

G2Z is made of scratch resistant Nitrolon plastic. The front lens is also made of scratch resistant Pyrex. Basically, this torch is as good as waterproof. The whole design is made just like the Z2 combatlight and comes with a lanyard cord too.

My recommendation is to get either the Z2 or G2Z. Both has it's plus and minus.

If you have a lot of budget, then I would suggest you go for the M2 Millennium Centurion. It is the military grade 2 cell combatlight made to be very much impact and shock resistant. Price is not cheap also but it comes with both P60 and P61 lamp assemblies. I find myself using the P61 most of the time.

I hope the above information helps.

Regards,
    Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer
    how much is the inova x5t? anybody selling?
    I got my Inova from Sheares Marketing. Please check with Sheares for the pricing. My friend got it from Sngarms at S$70 but later realised that it is the older model that was discontinued. The old one is known as X5 but the new one is X5T.

Andy Ho

Hi Andy

I'm thinking of getting a torch.. have zoomed down to 3 at the moment: Inova X5T, Surefire E2O and Surefire G2Z. Have a slight preference for Surefire E2O from the 3 (for its size) but would like to hear the expert's opinion b4 I make my purchase.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    Hi Andy

I'm thinking of getting a torch.. have zoomed down to 3 at the moment: Inova X5T, Surefire E2O and Surefire G2Z. Have a slight preference for Surefire E2O from the 3 (for its size) but would like to hear the expert's opinion b4 I make my purchase.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance.
    If power is not a concern, I would advice you to go for the Inova X5T. It is build like a tank, is waterproof up to 150' and is reasonably bright in very dark area. Power consumption is low with 2 fresh CR123 batteries lasting up to 20+ hours.

Surefire E2O is a nice torch but it is incandecent light with only 25 lumens light instead of the usual 65 lumens for most 2 cell Surefire light. Plus point is that 2 CR123 batteries takes about 2.5 hours to deplete. If you want, you may purchase the 1 watt KL1 LED head with 17 lumens power that last for about 4 hours and subsequently 11 hours of moderate power. Bare in mind that the KL1 head is still slightly brighter than the Inova X5T.

G2Z is as I mentioned above in my previous post.

All 3 lights are meant for different application so unless I know what you need it is very difficult to give you a recommendation.

Andy Ho

Thanks Andy.

Purpose is for travelling.. for some photo light-up at night/when dark.. for fun..

Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    Thanks Andy.

Purpose is for travelling.. for some photo light-up at night/when dark.. for fun..
    You will probably need a more powerful torch like the G2Z if you are doing light painting of buildings and stuff that are big.

For plants and insects, I would recommend the E2O.

When doing light painting, be careful about the light's side spill which could turn up as flare in your pictures. I used a black paper to wrap around the head so that the light comes out as a straight beam instead of a cone shape beam.

Andy Ho

Thanks Andy.

..am now the proud owner of an E2O.. love it!

n Sheares service is really good.. initial plan was juz to look-see but ended up buying not only the E2O but only a Miltech. And will b going back to look-see again soon.

Default Why nobody want to get the Pelican lights?

Hi

I just went to the Pelican warehouse at Ubi Cresent and saw tons of lights there. I'm very much impressed with the Black Knight M6 and the M6 LED.

The M6 is 108 lumens and can burn for 120 hours. The Battery life is about 1 hour of continous use. I'm getting one next week. Heard from them that if do bulk purchase will be much cheaper.

I'm just wondering how come no one want to get a Pelican light? I think they are simply wonderful lights.

what is the price of Pelican M6 ?

and M6 is 74 lumens, not 120. M6 LED is 16 Lumens

http://www.pelican.com/lights_table.html
    Last edited by caseytan; 20th November 2003 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    what is the price of Pelican M6 ?
    I saw it going at some of the DIY store for $106 but the warehouse is selling about $100. More discount will be given if buying in bulk. The new stock will be coming next week.

The M6 LED will cost about $150 and I heard it's much brighter than any other LED torchlight.

[QUOTE=caseytan]
    and M6 is 74 lumens, not 120. M6 LED is 16 Lumens
    ]

The salesman told me that it's rated at 108 lumens and the good thing about the M6 is that the bulb can last longer than the Surefire. I compared the 6P and Pelican M6 and prefer the latter.

The only bad thing about this M6 is that when u go under water and due to pressure, the light switches on due to the pressure on the press button at the tail.

The M6 LED is using a push on/off switch instead and will really give a concentrated spot unlike other LED torch that spread. It's fun playing with all the lights there at the warehouse. Some are small and really powerful.

Default Pelican M6

The Pelican M6 has gotten good reviews on CandlePowerForums esp for its good throw. Quite keen on it too after reading the reviews.

Do you know how much discount they're offering for bulk purchase ? plus how many pieces required before the bulk discount applies ?

unfortunately prices here in S'pore can be quite steep compared to the States where the pelican M6 is going for US$30-35, of course shipping will add a couple of dollars more but overall, it's still a lot cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by egg
    Do you know how much discount they're offering for bulk purchase ? plus how many pieces required before the bulk discount applies ?

unfortunately prices here in S'pore can be quite steep compared to the States where the pelican M6 is going for US$30-35, of course shipping will add a couple of dollars more but overall, it's still a lot cheaper.
    Hi

I think we should be able to get it at less than $100. Why not we set the price of the M6 at $100 and the M6 LED at $150? If anyone is interested, please leave your name.

From the list, then I can call up and ask them about the price based on quantity. Please do not leave yr names here if you are not interested. I will get mine by next week even if there's no one else who is interested in getting.

Pelican M6 (Black / Silver) ~S$100

1)Radish aka Davey (Black x 1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

Pelican M6 LED (Black / Silver) ~$150

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

2)Morgan Oh (Black x 1) Interested, can't confirm.I will go and see the real thing 1st.

3)
    4)

Pelican M6 LED (Black / Silver) ~$150

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

2)Morgan Oh (Black x 1) Interested, can't confirm.I will go and see the real thing 1st.
    Hi

I think you better go see the real thing first before you list down yr name. You need to know what you are paying for especially a torchlight that cost you $100. Some DIY shops have it and I saw it at the DIY at Parkway Parade.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Radish~
    Hi

I think you better go see the real thing first before you list down yr name. You need to know what you are paying for especially a torchlight that cost you $100. Some DIY shops have it and I saw it at the DIY at Parkway Parade.
    Thanks for your advice. BUT is there a shop that allow you to handle the touch, cos I am afraid that the touch may be seal up.

Thank you

Page 5 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3456710153055 ... LastLast