Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 24394447484950515459 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

I have a 55mw 532nm YAG "Wicked Laser". Just sent it back to upgrade to 95mw.

It's damn wicked, with just 55mw and it's touching cloud base last night. Pretty foggy last night also, it's damn super. Can't wait for Indonesian haze to come again.

Will be getting some laser goggles, way too bright.....

Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    I have a 55mw 532nm YAG "Wicked Laser". Just sent it back to upgrade to 95mw.

It's damn wicked, with just 55mw and it's touching cloud base last night. Pretty foggy last night also, it's damn super. Can't wait for Indonesian haze to come again. :

Will be getting some laser goggles, way too bright.....
    Yeah, be careful, you must use laser goggles if you value your eyesight in case the beam inadvertently bounces back at you & please don't point it at flying planes or helicopters either. I got mine from http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Boxed-Barr-S...QQcmdZViewItem

As for wanting the haze to come back...

Hey bro, you also laser hobbyist too?

Probably going for this.
    http://www.toolking.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=8217

Nope, definitely no pointing at planes or vehicles for that matter. Not even people's bodies. This is farking serious. 0.1 miliseconds and the eyeball's gone even with an indirect hit off a reflective surface like the kettle. 55mw already makes the skin zing at a distance of 2 metres. Even at 100 metres, the spot is just like 20cm in diameter. Take your most powerful white LED light with 5 watt luxeon and aim it so that it creates a 20cm diameter beam. Shine it into your eyes (probably you'll be blind), that is how bright it is. Laser "watts" at 532nm (eye is most sensitive at 555 or about there) is simply different due to the eye's response curve.

I can spot a building over 4km distance with this, no joke, in light polluted Singapore.

Gotta be very responsible. I don't even let my wife touch it, much less children.
    Last edited by 2100; 24th December 2005 at 04:04 PM.

Probably going for this.

Nope, definitely no pointing at planes or vehicles for that matter. Not even people's bodies. This is farking serious. 0.1 miliseconds and the eyeball's gone even with an indirect hit off a reflective surface like the kettle. 55mw already makes the skin zing at a distance of 2 metres. Even at 100 metres, the spot is just like 20cm in diameter. Take your most powerful white LED light with 5 watt luxeon and aim it so that it creates a 20cm diameter beam. Shine it into your eyes (probably you'll be blind), that is how bright it is. Laser "watts" at 532nm (eye is most sensitive at 555 or about there) is simply different due to the eye's response curve.

I can spot a building over 4km distance with this, no joke, in light polluted Singapore.

Gotta be very responsible. I don't even let my wife touch it, much less children.
    I only have a 36.3mw greenie. Yeah, those look less 'WWII issue' than the ones I have My eyes hurt for a few hours when I accidentally looked at the reflected beam bounced of a glass block wall before I got the goggles!

Yup, a definite no-no to let them into irresponsible or ignorant hands.

Probably going for this.

then why the hell you guys bought such dangerous thing?

Quote Originally Posted by popeye
    then why the hell you guys bought such dangerous thing?
    Seriously, we don't know. I guess it's a guy thing. I thought that a 21LED or a 3-watt luxeon is the best light-device that happened to man. Then i surfed Wickedlasers.com, then watched the video, the laser arrived 3 days later, and i shouted HOLY MOLY! when i first turned it on.

Why my wife must aim Chanel/LV bags?
    Last edited by 2100; 25th December 2005 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    I only have a 36.3mw greenie.
    WL is coming out with 200-400mw range soon.

Erm, sorry for bumping in. Is this a branded torch forum or any type hmm. It's just that I was amazed by some torch(s) in China. They have kinetic torchers (really cheap around 80cents, u just have to shake it, to power it, some led, some bright white lights, i dont know, i'm a torch dummy), rechargeable torches (with LED bulbs, v bright, no need batteries and around few dollars), etc. Suprisingly light and powerful. Just FYI. If anyone is interested, I may snag some back, while I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    Erm, sorry for bumping in. Is this a branded torch forum or any type hmm. It's just that I was amazed by some torch(s) in China. They have kinetic torchers (really cheap around 80cents, u just have to shake it, to power it, some led, some bright white lights, i dont know, i'm a torch dummy), rechargeable torches (with LED bulbs, v bright, no need batteries and around few dollars), etc. Suprisingly light and powerful. Just FYI. If anyone is interested, I may snag some back, while I'm here.
    forgot about those cheaper version "shake light", can't make it! there isn't any electrical path between the magnetic induction coil to the "charging compartment", let alone is there really a permanent magnet or just a magnet-induced metal block. reason u see it "bright" (ya also, "bright" is only when u look directly @ the light rather than it can be used for serious "illuminating" purpose), because they come with 2x 3V coin-cell battery built-in, once the coin-cells depleted, u can throw away the whole torch, it's nothing related to "batteryless" life-long use...

if u frequent china often, there's a saying : 便宜没好货,好货不便宜. sometime local people there call those "can't make it" goods "山寨货". shop with care & don't just simply believe what they told you if u are not into the torchlight trade.
    Last edited by CatEYE; 26th December 2005 at 02:02 PM.

Anybody got any experience with HID flashlights/spotlights? Always wanted to get one of those. But the Maxabeam short arc xenon is not too efficient and too expensive.

Probably going for this.

Is green laser permitted in SGP? Heard that somone in the states got arrested just for playing with a green laser pointer...
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    Is green laser permitted in SGP? Heard that somone in the states got arrested just for playing with a green laser pointer...
    No news, they are not in the restricted items list in the Customs & Excise too.....while items like long-range cordless phones and walkie talkies are. We usually "follow" others so if there is a big hoo-haa like the London bomb blast we will follow suit. It is illegal in the US to lase into airspace without a permit, and each location needs a seperate one.

Yeah, that guy is a bodoh. He shone at a News helicopter from a building at pretty close range, temporarily blinding the occupants....luckily the chopper landed safely. Friggin crazy, and to think he's 36 years old! But i reckon it's a low powered one like 5mw 532nm or what, else there is no way the damage could be "temporary" with the usual stuff from 35mw-250mw.

Happy New Year to ALL FLASHAHOLIC

anyone knows the price of a P61 lamp assembly??
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    anyone knows the price of a P61 lamp assembly??
    The bad thing about surefire is its accessories selling at exorbitant prices. P61 should be around $40.00++ in a local agent. They may or may not let you bargain. Which light are you using the P61 in? G2? If G2 just be reminded that the lens is only Lexan not Pyrex coated glass so if you leave the G2 on face bezel down on the table, the Lexan lens most likely will melt.
    Last edited by Piper; 27th January 2006 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    The bad thing about surefire is its accessories selling at exorbitant prices. P61 should be around $40.00++ in a local agent. They may or may not let you bargain. Which light are you using the P61 in? G2? If G2 just be reminded that the lens is only Lexan not Pyrex coated glass so if you leave the G2 on face bezel down on the table, the Lexan lens most likely will melt.
    yup, using G2...you mean the lens will melt if i leave up face down only when turned on?
    eat. drink. shoot

Using the P61 lamp in the G2 on a normal basis will not melt your lexan lens. But if you left the G2 with the lens down on lets say a table with no air ventilation going around the lens, there is a very high chance that the heat build-up will cause the lens to bubble or melt. My friend's Z3 actually had the lexan lens bubbled in his Lowepro back pack as he forgot to turn it off and the whole light over-heated in his bag. Otherwise, my G2 had served me well with the P61 installed all the while. You just got to be very careful.

ok thanks...where can I get a P61 lamp assembly and at what price?
    eat. drink. shoot

anyone knows how to get to sheares marketing from Bugis MRT?
    eat. drink. shoot