hi, everyone. After reading the torch thread, I was very interested in torches. But i am a person that only buy once and not upgrading constantly. Thus I have quite a hand full of question which requires your experience to answer. First of all, I need to clarify that the torch light that i need will be used for 3 purpose, hiking forest or jungles(esp night), playing like in east coast park, defense. All according to highest to lowest prioty.Thus the light i need is Xenon and not LED to have peneration of foggy areas during treking or hiking.
1) What would you recommend base on the needs above?
2) The CR123 I have seen in sheares and cost 3 bucks per batt. I find it quite expensive that each batt last only 75 - 90 mins per use. That means if i go oversea to trek, i will need to purchase 2 bat per day which is 6 bucks. Any cheaper means like rechargable?
3) I have saw the numerous sample of surefires in sheares but i couldnt visiualise it will be how strong during the night. Base on G2 65 lumens, in the night how far can it shine and how bright. Couldnt find this info.
4) I think my budget is around max 200++ a bit only. haha
5) Currently after doing a lot of reading and search i have narrowed down to 4.
Surefire: E2E Excutive, G2Z, G2
Fenix: L1P or L2P
Reason of thinking of buying the surefires models above esp the E2E is because the material and the lens made is very robust and solid. Able to support me through tough times. Esp it is weatherproof but i guess now all surefires are weather proof every since they announce. But price wise quite ex 200++, As for G2, it is not as solid as E2E but the cost is also cheap around 60+, and for G2Z, the difference to G2 is the pyrex lens used. So the question i have is E2E can really resist knocking, dropping from heights? Does that mean G2 and G2Z cant because it is made of niroloton? Any real life experience?
As for the pelican M6, it is the cheaper version but not as hard beating. Other than that, the performance wise should be the same.
Fenix: hmm is LED but can conisder since the bulid is similar to surefires, cheaper.
Any comments and recommendation? Actually what i wanted is strong bulid, and batt can last longer or cheaper means of batt lastly weather proof. If can dive about 20,30m would be a plus but not nesscary.