Page 45 of 62 FirstFirst ... 20354043444546475055 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Default Re: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    The most expensive light, the Surefire M6, is always out of stock in sheares. Isn't this ironic? For those who have, where do you buy it from besides sheares? NO stupid SNG ARMS Please!!!
    There is still 2 pieces in Sheares Marketing. I got mine from them when they have 3.

To all who said that a modded Mag could outperform any Surefires. You are not wrong to say that and it is true after some modding of the bulb and in some cases, the batteries as well, it is indeed brighter than an SF M6.

Pardon my bluntness but it doesn't impress me, not at all. The reason why I stick to Surefire is because of the size to power ratio. So far not any company has been able to give you that complete range of lights from small to big with the same size to power ratio proportion. I find the Mag too cumbersome to carry around and when I was doing my shoot in Ubin, it really is like carrying a baton in my camera bag and I have a problem fitting it in as well.

But that is just my opinion only. In fact, among all my lights the favorite is still a small little Surefire E1e fitted with a KL1 (aka E1L) which is the most used of all my lights. One could also find similar range of lights like the E1L for a lot cheaper as I am sure many of you would already know, and one being the quite famous Nuwai QIII. I just prefer a Surefire that's all.

To all, have fun with your lights

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    There is still 2 pieces in Sheares Marketing. I got mine from them when they have 3.
    So when are you getting no.2 and no.3 from them ?

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    So when are you getting no.2 and no.3 from them ?
    Har? No.2 and no.3? No way man... I am a faithful and loyal guy and one is enough

Har? No.2 and no.3? No way man... I am a faithful and loyal guy and one is enough
    you need to get one for your wife.

To all who said that a modded Mag could outperform any Surefires. You are not wrong to say that and it is true after some modding of the bulb and in some cases, the batteries as well, it is indeed brighter than an SF M6.
    Outperforming can means many things you know, it depends on what you are comparing. For a modded 2D or even 1D M@G fitted with WA1185, it much much brighter and throw (very FAR!) than M6. But M6 more sturdy and solid and super ex! But, I still prefer M6.... Will go sheares and check out later. BTW, I heard that the M6 now only comes with 2x MN21 bulbs is it true? Why? I would prefer one MN20 and one MN21.

But that is just my opinion only. In fact, among all my lights the favorite is still a small little Surefire E1e fitted with a KL1 (aka E1L) which is the most used of all my lights. One could also find similar range of lights like the E1L for a lot cheaper as I am sure many of you would already know, and one being the quite famous Nuwai QIII. I just prefer a Surefire that's all.
    Yeah! E1L is my EDC also, the 1st time I switch it on, I was really really impressed by the brightness, my QIII just cannot compare to it. E1L is brighter and throws further but recently there is something wrong with the tailcap switch, sometimes it just doesn't switch on, wonder why.....still prefer the good old twisty!

BTW, I heard that the M6 now only comes with 2x MN21 bulbs is it true? Why? I would prefer one MN20 and one MN21.
    It is due to the fact that the 250 lumens MN20 is out of production and the fact that Surefire wants to continue production to cater to people who can't wait for the light. The unit I have only have one MN21 at 500 lumens but there is a certificate inside which says I can either get another MN21 or I can choose to get an MN20 when there is stock. I have not done anything about it yet though.

I might just go for the MN21 as a spare. Am I crazy? That is 6 batteries a pop for 20 minutes? No I am sane. I will just use the M6 when I need the most power and my other lights when I don't need power but instead needed runtime.

For a modded 2D or even 1D M@G fitted with WA1185, it much much brighter and throw (very FAR!) than M6.
    Oh ya, talk about that, I haven't seen one of this you mentioned. Do you have one? I am very very curious man

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    you need to get one for your wife.
    casey---> <---andy

Sorry guys but i skimmed the 40 odd pages.... but could not find out if Surefire L2 LumaMax® is sold in SG? Can any expert advise?

Quote Originally Posted by digitalbuff
    Sorry guys but i skimmed the 40 odd pages.... but could not find out if Surefire L2 LumaMax® is sold in SG? Can any expert advise?
    call Sheares Marketing and check with them.

It is much much cheaper if you buy from overseas (even after adding shipping cost). One of those places you can get is http://www.lighthound.com/sales/surefire_l2.php

Presently for surefire lights, this is the SUPER deal
    http://www.supremeco.com.hk/catalog/...oducts_id=2787

A limited edition Black HAIII A2 for only about S$200! You'll be shocked how much sheares is selling. It is the light of my choice! I carry E1L and A2 everyday for work and play. I leave my L2 at home.

Oh ya, talk about that, I haven't seen one of this you mentioned. Do you have one? I am very very curious man
    I modded one but the bulb is already blown, I am waiting and looking for my new super bulbs. Since u r a SF fan, you should know how solid and sturdy SF lights are built, so in comparison if you need tough light that can withstand shock and drops u still have to go SF. But for cost of ops for long term of a super bright light I had say modding is the way to go. I am eyeing the M@g2HID...hohoho......1000+ lumens of pure white light!!!

Presently for surefire lights, this is the SUPER deal
    http://www.supremeco.com.hk/catalog/...oducts_id=2787
    Anyone doing an MO?

Anyone doing an MO?

haha! it is not easy to get a MO for torchlights, especially Surefire ones, in Singapore. not a lot of people would want to fork out so much money on a torchlight (especially in Singapore). To a layman, a torchlight is just another light-up-your-place-in-the-dark tool, but to us hobbyists/collectors it is a piece of "engineering masterpiece", at least this is the reason why I collect flashlights. and not forgetting the amount of time and sweat the designer/maker put into thinking, drawing, sketching, designing, machining, anodising, testing and making it into a final product (I am refering to the higher ends here one like surefire and innova). Also, experimenting and modding torchlights with different lightbulbs is really fun too!

For you, I have to tell you this, flashaholism can be potentially "addictive" to some people. Bear that in mind if you don't want to burn a hole in your pocket.
    Last edited by Piper; 11th November 2005 at 01:23 PM.

I modded one but the bulb is already blown, I am waiting and looking for my new super bulbs. Since u r a SF fan, you should know how solid and sturdy SF lights are built, so in comparison if you need tough light that can withstand shock and drops u still have to go SF. But for cost of ops for long term of a super bright light I had say modding is the way to go. I am eyeing the M@g2HID...hohoho......1000+ lumens of pure white light!!!
    I don't care if it is SF. I just wanna play with the power. Do call me if you managed a mod.

haha! it is not easy to get a MO for torchlights, especially Surefire ones, in Singapore. not a lot of people would want to fork out so much money on a torchlight (especially in Singapore). To a layman, a torchlight is just another light-up-your-place-in-the-dark tool, but to us hobbyists/collectors it is a piece of "engineering masterpiece", at least this is the reason why I collect flashlights. and not forgetting the amount of time and sweat the designer/maker put into thinking, drawing, sketching, designing, machining, anodising, testing and making it into a final product (I am refering to the higher ends here one like surefire and innova). Also, experimenting and modding torchlights with different lightbulbs is really fun too!

For you, I have to tell you this, flashaholism can be potentially "addictive" to some people. Bear that in mind if you don't want to burn a hole in your pocket.
    Don't worry...I am in the process of converting a more people...maybe we should set up a flashaholic new convert association

do any of u sell ur old or non fav flashlights? or do u jus add 2 d current collection?

I add on to the current collection

Any of you guys interested in the new ARC AAA ?
    I did a Mass Order / Group Buy for local CPFers for the Arc AAA-Premium version, due to some miscomm, I now have an extra piece, send me a PM if you're interested.

cheers