Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234569142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    You may be able to contact hammer_400 for the batteries or alternatively you can get them from Sheares Marketing at Beach Rd. A box of 6 for S$20. Works out to about S$3.30 each. Outside is selling about S$6.50 to S$9.00 each.

I could not think of any torch within this price range for that power but if you can wait another week, I may be able to sell you my Streamlight Scorpion for S$50. Perfect condition guaranteed. Sheares is selling the Streamlight Scorpion for S$106. Reason is I am having a new Surefire M3 torch coming in and I have no need for this Scorpion after that. If you want I can test it for you to see. You are not obliged to get it from me. Was thinking of giving it to my girlfriend actually.

Andy Ho
    Any literature on the streamlight scorpion? And how old is it? I wouldn't mind getting it off you @ $50. Any batteries thrown in? :tongue:

Anyhow, do you know how much hammer_400 are selling his CR123s?

PS: If you are in town today, let me know. I will be around there as well. PM-ing you my number in awhile.

Cheers.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Any literature on the streamlight scorpion? And how old is it? I wouldn't mind getting it off you @ $50. Any batteries thrown in? :tongue:

Anyhow, do you know how much hammer_400 are selling his CR123s?

PS: If you are in town today, let me know. I will be around there as well. PM-ing you my number in awhile.

Cheers.
    I got the Scorpion about 2 months back. Got it in a craze as a backup light to my Surefire M2 but it turned out to be more powerful at certain zoom setting. You may visit http://www.streamlight.com/scorpion_specifications.htm for more info.

Now that my Surefire M3 is coming in, I will be using the Surefire M2 and Inova X5T for backup light.

Please PM hammer_400 for the price. I am in town but I just came back from Ubin and I need some sleep. Haven't been sleeping the whole night. What else, playing with torch lights lor.

Regards,
    Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by hammer_400
    Sng arms has the tec 40... overpriced though...
    the surge is really darn brite... around 125 lumens, 3-5 hours runtime n usin cheapo aa batts....
    The Surge doesn't have a output of 125 lumens, it's more like 80 lumens initially, and when the batteries loose their initial peak voltage, it's more like 60 lumens. I have tested it to run to around 3 hours, anything after that is very yellow and shortens the bulb life, battery is Sanyo 1850. Alkalines last around 2+ hours, don't try lithium AA with the light, there is a high chance the bulb will blow.

It is dirt cheap man! I think your dad has a good buy. The reason why I go for Surefire torches is because all torches are made to be tough. Most of them can withstand rough usage and plenty of knocking and can outlast you. The main thing is all the Surefire lamp heads are pre-focused in the factory and that is why users don't see black shadow rings from the glow cast by the torch. For an imitation that cost S$50, what else can you ask for?

Surefire is made in USA and not anywhere else. They are very strict about quality control and R&D.

If you can, I would like to see the torch your dad bought from Bangkok. I am curious how similar it can get.

Regards,
    Andy Ho
    Now I know why my is so cheap, it is not pre focused, I need to turn the reflector in order to get a concentrated spot..

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Now I know why my is so cheap, it is not pre focused, I need to turn the reflector in order to get a concentrated spot..
    It's not only whether it's prefocused or not, Surefire also uses xenon or halogen gas to fill 100% of their bulb unlike other manufacturers who use only 10 or 20 percent. This helps to lengthen the bulb life, creaters a whiter colour (by filament bulb standards) which allows you to see better.

Default maglites

I used to have maglites..Up to noe i still prefer pelicans.Their intensity brightness is superb...Also using pelicans in my duty so can see the durability...

Alright guys,

This is the last request for those who are joining me and my friends tomorrow. Meeting time is 8pm at Kim's Hokkien Mee. It is located at the T junction along Liang Seah Street and Beach Road. You shouldn't miss it as it is very bright.

This is not only for those who have torch lights but also for those who don't have and is interested. You are all welcome.

Names of those interested:

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

Regards,
    Andy Ho

This is the last request for those who are joining me and my friends tomorrow. Meeting time is 8pm at Kim's Hokkien Mee. It is located at the T junction along Liang Seah Street and Beach Road. You shouldn't miss it as it is very bright.

This is not only for those who have torch lights but also for those who don't have and is interested. You are all welcome.

1) caseytan (i wanna look at Andy's SureFire )
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)

8pm is a bit late, how about 7 to 7:30pm ?

or change the time & location same as SEED ?
    Last edited by caseytan; 17th November 2003 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    8pm is a bit late, how about 7 to 7:30pm ?
    or change the time & location same as SEED ?
    7:30 is the earliest I dare promise as I will be shooting in studio tomorrow. Location is preferably at Kim's as I don't want to shine torch lights in food court at Peninsula. If you guys are interested, we can always pop by to Sheares Marketing to take a look since they are only a short walk away. Don't get me wrong, I am not marketing for Sheares but just give you guys the chance to take a look see for those not familiar with higher end flash lights.

Regards,
    Andy Ho

2) andy ho
    3) James
    4) Alan Tay
    5)
    6)
    7)

7:30 is the earliest I dare promise as I will be shooting in studio tomorrow. Location is preferably at Kim's as I don't want to shine torch lights in food court at Peninsula. If you guys are interested, we can always pop by to Sheares Marketing to take a look since they are only a short walk away. Don't get me wrong, I am not marketing for Sheares but just give you guys the chance to take a look see for those not familiar with higher end flash lights.

Regards,
    Andy Ho
    ok, no problem for 8pm. What time does Sheares Marketing closes ? Go there and drool on the SureFire flashlights

Deregistered

2) andy ho
    3) James
    4) Alan Tay
    5) frisky
    6)
    7)

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    ok, no problem for 8pm. What time does Sheares Marketing closes ? Go there and drool on the SureFire flashlights
    Time you don't worry. Sometimes I am there with my friends till 11pm. One thing I love about Sheares is the service they provide. It rocks big time man!

Andy Ho

I'm interested in going, but may not be able to make it. Anyway to contact you should I be late or *gasp* get lost in there?

Default my shortlisted torch to get

Tks to Andy and the rest for their inputs,
    now having done some simple 'research' at CandlePowerForums, have narrowed down the torch that best meets my needs to be the Streamlight TwinTask (TT) 2L.
    The TT-2L is going for just US$30 at BrightGuy..now if only they ship overseas...

actually the SureFire A2 is THE ONE to get..drool.. .but costs at least x4 more (anyone selling theirs cheap ?)

has anyone used the TT 2L ? care to share their views on this torch ?

Went to SingArms today,

I was offer a Surefire 6Z for $130 (original price tag $159)

It produce a very bright yellow light (saleman told me it uses P60 light bulb), just one problem, I can't seems to be able to find this model in www.surefire.com

the 6Z looks very similar to the Z2 Combatlight. http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/.../198/sesent/00

Does P60 light bulb produce yellow or white light? The one that I had seen at Singarms produce a yellow beam.

Andy can you please advice me on this model? is in an old model
    Last edited by morganoh; 18th November 2003 at 03:45 AM.

Sng Arm's stocks of Surefire are rather old. Surefire has discontinued quite several of them including the 6P if I'm not wrong. I would advise you get the C2 instead. As for the yellow beam part, all filament bulbs will have a yellow beam, it might just be less or more yellow. You will not get a white beam from filament bulbs unless they are coated blue on the outside to reduce the amount of red they emit which reduces light output significantly.

If you are interested in a 2x123 light for cheap, may I recommend Pelican M6. It's very bright and can shine very far (throw it's light very far), has a 1 hour run time and cheaper replacement bulbs. But of cos the build quality is not the same as surefire. I got mine for $30 USD too. Can try getting it from Sheares marketing under the name of Miltech.

Hi guys...I'm not exactly torchlight siao...but I do own a 4 LED torchlight that looks like a maglite. There's another torchlight I saw on a local website.

http://www.w3cube.com/index.php?heading=4&content=5

Price is OK (for torchlight siao) but not sure about its performance. Comments?
    Last edited by Nikonian Foo; 18th November 2003 at 04:34 PM.

Hi egg,
    Why don't you check it out in Sheares Marketing? They do carry Streamlight products but price may not be cheap.

Hi morganoh,
    The 6Z is no longer in production. 6P is still in production as that is the torch that started it all for Surefire. I will urge you to get the G2Z Nitrolon combatlight. Was at Sheares Marketing yesterday and saw they have new models in.

Let me clarify myself. I am not associated with Sheares Marketing or Surefire. I am just a contented customer that's all.

Andy Ho
    Last edited by Andy Ho; 19th November 2003 at 01:29 AM.

Hi egg,

Hi morganoh,
    The 6Z is no longer in production. 6P is still in production as that is the torch that started it all for Surefire. I will urge you to get the G2Z Nitrolon combatlight. Was at Sheares Marketing yesterday and saw they have new models in.

Andy Ho
    Hi Andy, Thanks for your advice.

I went thought surefire website and I can't seems to find any diff between all the personal lights, Most of them accept 2 123 batt and use the same P60 light bulb which produce the same light intensity,

So what would be the diff between the G2Z that you recommend and the old model 6Z. (except 6Z is Aluminium and G2Z is plastic) n I thought Alum is better than plastic

Please advice n Thank you
    Morgan Oh
    Last edited by morganoh; 18th November 2003 at 02:54 PM.

Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234569142954 ... LastLast