Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Myfz1

Shot by my new Inova T1.
    Cost me $80. Did I pay too much?
    So bright I don't know what I am going to use it for in the house
    You can get it MUCH cheaper in US. I think some places are selling at US $35.00 only.

Default Longbow

Did I read correctly? Longbow is made by a Singapore Company..... http://www.iesingapore.gov.sg/iejour...004/iej_20.jsp

Exscuse me for my "suakuness" all along I thought Longbow was a US brand.
    Time to add a longbow to my list and burn a hole in my pocket but I feel so proud of them.

I just happened to chance upon a new touch light.. No need Batteries and very bright LED....quite smiliar to the one shown on the previous photo.. www.northstarlight.com.. but the webbie doesn't have much information. I got it off my friend at $49.90.. those interested can PM me.

How long do you need to shake for it to get full runtime? How long can one charge last?

Default CMG/Gerber Infinity Ultra

Anyone know where to get cheap infinity ultras?preferably around $30?
    cuz the cheapest i found was $40..
    thanks!

Batterystation

$15 USD each

How abt locally?

2nd hand loh.. see who want to sell their infinity...

Ermm...........where do you guys get your silicone grease from? can I use just any type of silicone grease?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Ermm...........where do you guys get your silicone grease from? can I use just any type of silicone grease?
    As long as it is silicone grease any type is ok. I bought a container of silicone grease more than a year ago and barely use it, if you want I can scoop up some for you. It will last you a very long time.

Default Send to surefire faulty lights

Hi, anyone here ever send your surefire torch for repair? What is the procedure like. I got and email from them asking me to call 1800-88?-???? or something like that to get an RMA no. But the no. seems to be invalid. Anyway, let say if I fget an RMA no. from them, and I ship the light over, who pays for the shipping?

Send to surefire faulty lights

Hi, anyone here ever send your surefire torch for repair? What is the procedure like. I got and email from them asking me to call 1800-88?-???? or something like that to get an RMA no. But the no. seems to be invalid. Anyway, let say if I fget an RMA no. from them, and I ship the light over, who pays for the shipping?
    i believe you pay for the shipping..
    Budget wedding photographer :)

I believe the phone number is valid. I have called SF a few times. The RMA number is necessary as it is a way they keep track of records of what belongs to who. Basically when you call SF for an RMA number the customer service would ask you for address, phone number, item sending in, and type of defects. You need to attach the RMA number on the package before sending in so they would know that it belongs to you.

Sending the item there is at your own cost but SF will arrange to send it back to you. I sent in using Singpost and a bubble wrap envelope. Speed of repair or replacements depends very much on availability of parts so be very patient. It might take a few days to weeks but remember that Singpost takes about 9 days to deliver the item to them.

hi Andy, how much did you pay for the shipping last time? It is > S$30.00? How long does SF take to return you your light. i have heard of 2 mths waiting time and that's in their hometown, US some more!!! It is ridiculous to wait for 2 mths for a repair. thks.
    Last edited by Piper; 5th April 2005 at 03:37 PM.

ok i got a torch question....where better to ask than here...
    hehe

recently i bought a 3.5m halogen torch of someone, but he gave me only a car-charger plug for the torch. I was at OCH so i bought it hastily for fun...never owned a powerful light torch before. (If any of u guys is the one who sold me the torch...where's the full accessories?? hahaha)

Would like to know if it's possible if i snip the car charger head off and rewire it to a 3-pin plug? Is the voltage different? (car and home socket)

(i bought it without the box...it doesn't come with specs too...what i heard it's just a low end halogen torch from Mustafa center)

Or is there anywhere i could buy a 3-pin charger seperately for my torch?

One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    hi Andy, how much did you pay for the shipping last time? It is > S$30.00? How long does SF take to return you your light. i have heard of 2 mths waiting time and that's in their hometown, US some more!!! It is ridiculous to wait for 2 mths for a repair. thks.
    Well unfortunately like I said it really depends on parts availability. As Surefire is manufacturing for the military market the priority then of course is not for consumer use. If what you sent in happen to be a military spec light then they might just have the parts for you, but if what you send in is made for consumer use like those classified under "Personal Lights" category in their website, then you might need to wait for them to finish with the production of the military order before they can manufacture parts for your lights. I know it can be quite frustrating but you can't help it when their reputation for producing milspec lights are so good. They are basically "booked".

As for the cost of sending in, I guess it very much depends on the weight. I remember paying about S$10 for registered shipping cost from Singpost for sending in my KL3. Surefire had it sent back within 4 days by DHL after receiving the KL3.

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    hehe

recently i bought a 3.5m halogen torch of someone, but he gave me only a car-charger plug for the torch. I was at OCH so i bought it hastily for fun...never owned a powerful light torch before. (If any of u guys is the one who sold me the torch...where's the full accessories?? hahaha)

Would like to know if it's possible if i snip the car charger head off and rewire it to a 3-pin plug? Is the voltage different? (car and home socket)

(i bought it without the box...it doesn't come with specs too...what i heard it's just a low end halogen torch from Mustafa center)

I've seen this light before but have no idea what it is. Although I know not much about electrical plugs and switches, not to mention batteries and charger, my gut instinct tells me replacing a car charger head with a 3 pin plug is akin to planting a bomb in your light.

In Singapore, the average voltage coming out of your 3 pin socket is 240 volts, and in the US and China it is rated at 120 volts, still too much for your light batteries to take. That is why our phone charger, or camera battery charger is built in with a step-down adaptor to reduce the power going to the batteries.

Try looking at the body of the light and see if you know who the manufacturer is and see if you can get any info from their website. Alternatively, you might want to try contacting Nerd in Clubsnap since he knows quite a bit about electrical stuff.

And, if you are going OCH, I might just be interested to tack along

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Well unfortunately like I said it really depends on parts availability. As Surefire is manufacturing for the military market the priority then of course is not for consumer use. If what you sent in happen to be a military spec light then they might just have the parts for you, but if what you send in is made for consumer use like those classified under "Personal Lights" category in their website, then you might need to wait for them to finish with the production of the military order before they can manufacture parts for your lights. I know it can be quite frustrating but you can't help it when their reputation for producing milspec lights are so good. They are basically "booked".

As for the cost of sending in, I guess it very much depends on the weight. I remember paying about S$10 for registered shipping cost from Singpost for sending in my KL3. Surefire had it sent back within 4 days by DHL after receiving the KL3.
    i see. I maybe sending in L5 and L4 in for unfavourable tint (too greenish). I have the KL3 too. Does your KL3 have a very blueish tint?

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    hehe

This seems to be the same one that I just bought recently. I will try to check on the voltage/current on my charger and see if you can find a similar one outside

I got a question also...
    I saw somewhere someone mentioned can use work-lights for cheap version of studio for photography. Think they come on stands and usually light up dark construction areas. Where can I get work-lights? Anybody know?