Page 37 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    Try Sheares Marketing or SngArms. If you want to view the CMG Infinity Ultra first i can show it to you, i have it with me today
    great will you go to SEED? I'll be there.

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    If you are looking for cheap and long lasting batt life, go for a CMG infinity
    Around $30++ uses one AA batt, and can last for around 20 hrs.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev..._infinity2.htm
    http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev...nity_ultra.htm

But I think that you should be the Streamlight TT 3xAA. cos it will still have a better lightbeam than your maglight and at the same time if you only need long batt long life, just turn on the LED only and you batt can last for 80hrs

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev..._twintasks.htm
    Get them from SngArms Beach rd or Chinatown

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    great will you go to SEED? I'll be there.
    meeting Robbie to get some albums from him, so i'll be probably be in the area at around 7pm.

btw, what i have is CMG and not the new Gerber design

Get them from SngArms Beach rd or Chinatown
    Thanks the last link looks good but 3AA seems a bit long.

meeting Robbie to get some albums from him, so i'll be probably be in the area at around 7pm.

btw, what i have is CMG and not the new Gerber design
    I should be there ard that time too.

Thank you guys! Really great help.

by the way, CMG Infinity Ultra & CMG Infinity has the same rating stars but the picture looks like the Ultra is dimmer?

I should be there ard that time too.

Thank you guys! Really great help.

by the way, CMG Infinity Ultra & CMG Infinity has the same rating stars but the picture looks like the Ultra is dimmer?
    probably the pic for Ultra underexposed

probably the pic for Ultra underexposed
    i see, thanks dude!

CMG Ultra is a good light, there is another better version but not in Singapore yet. It is the CMG Infinity Ultra G, this light is made for US government. ANother light to consider is the Inova X1 (1x using AA), but this light got no side spill.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    CMG Ultra is a good light, there is another better version but not in Singapore yet. It is the CMG Infinity Ultra G, this light is made for US government. ANother light to consider is the Inova X1 (1x using AA), but this light got no side spill.
    hi what do you mean no side spill?

hi what do you mean no side spill?
    eg. project your mag on a wall 2-3 meters away.
    U will see 2 circle one is a small bright spot at the center and the other is a bigger circle but less bright.

This Big circle is call sidespill.

So a light without side spill, means u only get a concentrated bright spot.
    U will not like Lights without side spill, as you say that you are using it on the field and so you will want to see more things around you lighted up (instead of just one bright spot)

If you walk in the jungle you will trip and fall with a light without sidespill. (unless you project your light on the gorund only, then you will walk into a Tree. )

eg. project your mag on a wall 2-3 meters away.
    U will see 2 circle one is a small bright spot at the center and the other is a bigger circle but less bright.

This Big circle is call sidespill.

So a light without side spill, means u only get a concentrated bright spot.
    U will not like Lights without side spill, as you say that you are using it on the field and so you will want to see more things around you lighted up (instead of just one bright spot)

If you walk in the jungle you will trip and fall with a light without sidespill. (unless you project your light on the gorund only, then you will walk into a Tree. )
    hahaha i see... thanks for elaborating.

the light will never made unless someone gets from countycomm, it's a special order and iirc, no others has it except countycomm. The one i have is Ultra G, got it from countycomm.

the light will never made unless someone gets from countycomm, it's a special order and iirc, no others has it except countycomm. The one i have is Ultra G, got it from countycomm.
    Wooou! Do you have spare ones?

Wooou! Do you have spare ones?
    nope, one and only, went to countycomm just now, seems like they dont have it anymore

nope, one and only, went to countycomm just now, seems like they dont have it anymore

FYI, updates on new lights @ SHOT show 2005

SHOT show 2005 news

Hi, I 'm looking for a led torch and I 'm glad I came to the right place. I hear so many praises about the CMG Infinlty so it will be on my short list. But how is it compared to the Eastgear model with 12 leds? Shouldn't the Eastgear model be brighter? Forget my ingnorance I just look at this tread today and there's too much info to absorb.
    My criteria would be
    1}brighter the better
    2)durability
    3)smaller the better
    4)budget around $30+

The eastgear one is definitely brighter, at the cost of battery life. The build quality of the infinity is better. I'm not sure if the eastgear one would fail when subjected to high G forces. but my infinity has survived 5 storey falls with only a dent.

Hi guys its me again. I wanna thank Casey for sharing with me about LED lights last week during SEED. I have not bought my light yet though.

Well, I saw this thread got bumped up again and went to look at the link on SHOT show 2005. I'm kinda interested in this light http://www.pocketlights.com/gerber_trio.asp Any idea if I can get it locally or I have to order through that webpage?

Thanks! s

Well, I saw this thread got bumped up again and went to look at the link on SHOT show 2005. I'm kinda interested in this light http://www.pocketlights.com/gerber_trio.asp Any idea if I can get it locally or I have to order through that webpage?

Thanks!
    no problem pal happen that i need to be there on that day

btw, Gerber Trio can be obtained at around US$20 each, excluding postage. l On whether locally or not, i'm not sure, maybe others can help, so far only bought one of my lights locally, which is my surefire e2e