Page 36 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1126313435363738414661 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    probably will be slightly cheaper if you order it from US.
    Cheaper maybe but just S$2-S$5 cheaper.

http://www.meridiantactical.com/st88103.html
    The TL3 price in US is US$66.97 = S$111 (base on 1.67 thats what the credit card charge even when the exchange rate is only 1.63)
    The cheapest mail is around US$5 around S$8

So the total will be $119 (but this is non-registered postage, so it may get lost on its way to Singapore

For this model, Its better to get in Singapore. no need to wait no need to worry about lost package.
    U can actually bargin the price down to $120++ cos they always give a min of 5%-10% discount.

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Cheaper maybe but just S$2-S$5 cheaper.

http://www.meridiantactical.com/st88103.html
    The TL3 price in US is US$66.97 = S$111 (base on 1.67 thats what the credit card charge even when the exchange rate is only 1.63)
    The cheapest mail is around US$5 around S$8

So the total will be $119 (but this is non-registered postage, so it may get lost on its way to Singapore

For this model, Its better to get in Singapore. no need to wait no need to worry about lost package.
    U can actually bargin the price down to $120++ cos they always give a min of 5%-10% discount.

Agreed. My friend have lost some items buying "non-insured". Other option is buy in bulk like mass order.

had few shipments from US via GPM, so far so good, received all my package. Btw, brightguy.com selling TL-3 for $59.95. If i were to get from US i will definitely order more than 1 item or share the shipment cost with some other friends. :P

had few shipments from US via GPM, so far so good, received all my package. Btw, brightguy.com selling TL-3 for $59.95. If i were to get from US i will definitely order more than 1 item or share the shipment cost with some other friends. :P

So what is ur next light to buy? Can "tompang" or not? I dunno what to buy, but tell me what u r going to buy and see if I am interested.

hahaha.. i've stopped buying lights for now, i'll let you know if i'm getting anything from US

hi guys, sorry man i lazy to read through so many pages cos now in office. is this 12LED light good? http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=346

hahaha.. i've stopped buying lights for now, i'll let you know if i'm getting anything from US
    ok lah.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    hi guys, sorry man i lazy to read through so many pages cos now in office. is this 12LED light good? http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=346
    12 LEDs should be bright enough for normal usage, it gives a lot of flood, don't expect any throw distance from it. Should be good enough for normal usage and close up work but i find it a bit big and bulky

12 LEDs should be bright enough for normal usage, it gives a lot of flood, don't expect any throw distance from it. Should be good enough for normal usage and close up work but i find it a bit big and bulky
    oh, so if i can't use it out in the field then? i currently has a mag light that uses 2xAA batts but sucks batt leh.

Its good for looking for things in a Small room or anything less than 8-10meters.

Anything more than 10mins. I think a cheap 2xAA maglight will be better as it has a reflector and can project the light beam furthur.

Its good for looking for things in a Small room or anything less than 8-10meters.

Anything more than 10mins. I think a cheap 2xAA maglight will be better as it has a reflector and can project the light beam furthur.
    oh, so lets say i switch it on in my bedroom, will it light up the entire room? and do yuo think at this price, its worth buying? or anywhere else online has better and cheaper ones?

oh, so if i can't use it out in the field then? i currently has a mag light that uses 2xAA batts but sucks batt leh.
    powerful lights like surefire uses 2xCR123, sucks batt too, and the batt costs more $3 each from eastgear

what's your requirement and budget ? xenon lamp with throw distance ? need to light up something e.g. 10m away. Or as a walking light, to light up surrounding only ?

powerful lights like surefire uses 2xCR123, sucks batt too, and the batt costs more $3 each from eastgear

what's your requirement and budget ? xenon lamp with throw distance ? need to light up something e.g. 10m away. Or as a walking light, to light up surrounding only ?
    think i'll use my mag light for long distance, so i'll wanna buy one that can last long and uses AA batt so i can use my rechargable for lighting up surrounding like you said. but it will be for outfield in total darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    I dun want to break people's rice bowl by being too frank, I would say is a decent light for short distance use. But I won't buy any of them. One thing good is that you will NOT GET HEART PAIN if you lost it accidentally. It is made in china and IMHO it is overpriced based on performance. My Inova 24/7 with only 4 white LEDs is brighter (on high beam) than those cheap made in china 12 LED lights and it throws better too, but price is 3x more lor. (if u r willing to pay, but you definitely get quality for sure). There are good made in China lights around, as good as if not better than those made in US. You can try Pila, very solid! Streamlight or Quantum III also good. Hope this help.

Just my 2 cents.
    sounds good to me, price ain't a prob for me if its worth the price i paid for and most importantly rugged and long lasting.

If you are looking for cheap and long lasting batt life, go for a CMG infinity
    Around $30++ uses one AA batt, and can last for around 20 hrs.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev..._infinity2.htm
    http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev...nity_ultra.htm

But I think that you should be the Streamlight TT. cos it will still have a better lightbeam than your maglight and at the same time if you only need long batt long life, just turn on the LED only and you batt can last for 80hrs

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev..._twintasks.htm
    Last edited by morganoh; 26th January 2005 at 11:00 AM.

oh, so lets say i switch it on in my bedroom, will it light up the entire room? and do yuo think at this price, its worth buying? or anywhere else online has better and cheaper ones?
    yup, the eastgear light should be good enough for such purpose, even my CMG infinity ultra single LED can light up my bedroom at night

thanks guys for the great help, but i'm kinda confused already... haha...

If you are looking for cheap and long lasting batt life, go for a CMG infinity
    Around $30 uses one AA batt, and can last for around 20 hrs.
    thanks, any link or where can i get to buy?

thanks, any link or where can i get to buy?
    Try Sheares Marketing or SngArms. If you want to view the CMG Infinity Ultra first i can show it to you, i have it with me today

and here a review of the product (Gerber has acquired CMG) : Gerber Infinity Ultra

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    No, it will not, for sure, able to light up a room of a standard HDB flat. I would say more of an area only lah. cannot light up the whole room.
    thanks, any good ones to intro that uses AA?