Page 35 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1025303334353637404560 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1231

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

  1. #681
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    737

    Default

    i have streamlight twintask already... 2 lithium batt one... but i find it too heavy le.. and can not clip or hang on my bag or cap. But there is no doubt about it's powerful xenon bulb and long lasting LED light...

  2. #682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_always
    i have streamlight twintask already... 2 lithium batt one... but i find it too heavy le.. and can not clip or hang on my bag or cap. But there is no doubt about it's powerful xenon bulb and long lasting LED light...
    In that case I believe that you would love the Nuwai Q3

    Its small and powerful and best of all its pocketable

    http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_q-3.htm
    http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/quantum3.htm

  3. #683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Just sold my Ledxtreme Predator. U would love this light.

    Its the cheapest among all 3W with a very good Throw.
    Better than PR head but lose to Aleph 3.

    But the Predator is only 60% of the Aleph 3 price.

    Wah! When did you sold it? BTW, do u hvae any 5W Lux light?

  4. #684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_always
    i have streamlight twintask already... 2 lithium batt one... but i find it too heavy le.. and can not clip or hang on my bag or cap. But there is no doubt about it's powerful xenon bulb and long lasting LED light...
    If you dun mind the cost, the SF Aviator A2 is one of the best hybrid light. In fact, this is the light that I use most (though I have more powerful lights including other SF) and my EDC too and it is the only regulated consumer xenon light on this planet. Since it is regulated, the beam is always white regardless of your batt juice...and best of all it is just 1/3 the thickness of your Twintask! (about the same as E series light) Very light and small. Only slightly longer than E2e. It throws much further than twintask (mine throws as far as my Surefire M2) and is also MUCH brighter! i think sheares got one pcs left as of last Sat. Comes in 2 versions the normal HAIII and the black HAIII (rare). I give 5/5 stars!

    Check this

    http://www.flashlightreviews.com/rev...urefire_a2.htm
    Last edited by Zephirum; 25th January 2005 at 01:14 AM.

  5. #685
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    If you dun mind the cost, the SF Aviator A2 is one of the best hybrid light. In fact, this is the light that I use most (though I have more powerful lights including other SF) and my EDC too and it is the only regulated consumer xenon light on this planet. Since it is regulated, the beam is always white regardless of your batt juice...and best of all it is just 1/3 the size of your Twintask! Very light and small. Only slightly long than E2e. It throws much further than twintask (more than double) and is also MUCH brighter! i think sheares got one pcs left as of last Sat. Comes in 2 versions the normal HAIII and the black HAIII (rare). I give 5/5 stars!
    what is the price?

  6. #686
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    737

    Default

    oops.... $300...

  7. #687

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_always
    oops.... $300...
    Yup! A bit on the high side. That's why I said "If you dun mind the cost...", Actual price is about $320.00. It is worth the bucks! What I like about this light is the regulated circuit. It is definitely brighter than all the other 2x CR123A Surefire lights using P60 lamps (M2, 6P, G2, G2Z, Z2 ... etc) although A2 is rated at 50 lumens, I have personally tested and compare them. On a P60 lights with freash CR123A batts, it is brighter than A2 for the 1st 2 mins, BUT hold on there and wait for 5-10 mins...voila! You'll notice A2 beam is CONSTANT and brightness remains the same! And for the rest of the burn time, there is no way P60 can be brighter than A2. So you can say that P60 is really brighter than A2 for the frist few mintues (I think it is more than 65 lumens as rated by SF) and then thereafter, it is A2's league. The A2 is designed for pilots in mind. It is designed to be able to light up the tail section of a B747 from the ground (doing pre-flight inspection). Go figure out the throw...
    Last edited by Zephirum; 25th January 2005 at 09:45 AM.

  8. #688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    The A2 is designed for pilots in mind. It is designed to be able to light up the tail section of a B747 from the ground (doing pre-flight inspection). Go figure out the throw...
    I own Surefire A2, M3 and Aleph system.
    I have try all the lights for my Pre-Flight inspection (B777, Slightly shorter than B747)
    The A2 is not really that great in throw.
    If you really need the Throw go for Aleph 3 with Lux 3, it outthrows most the incan lights eg A2, E2E (65 lumens) and also my M3 (125lumens).

    But too bad its very expensive around US$195.

    If you really wanted good throw and cheap and small, go for the Streamlight TL3 (S$130). It throws furthur than the Surefire M3 and the light bulb is only S$16 (3times cheaper)

    But if you wanted something even cheaper, Go for a Mag light 5-6 cells (around $80? or less?).
    The bigger head/reflector contributes to the Throw
    Last edited by morganoh; 25th January 2005 at 10:26 AM.

  9. #689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    I own Surefire A2, M3 and Aleph system.
    I have try all the lights for my Pre-Flight inspection (B777, Slightly shorter than B747)
    The A2 is not really that great in throw.
    If you really need the Throw go for Aleph 3 with Lux 3, it outthrows most the incan lights eg A2, E2E (65 lumens) and also my M3 (125lumens).

    But too bad its very expensive around US$195.

    If you really wanted good throw and cheap and small, go for the Streamlight TL3 (S$130). It throws furthur than the Surefire M3 and the light bulb is only S$16 (3times cheaper)

    But if you wanted something even cheaper, Go for a Mag light 5-6 cells (around $80? or less?).
    The bigger head/reflector contributes to the Throw
    Yeah! Aleph III throw further than A2 but the price is....I mean A2 is already consider ex, AlephIII is like S$400 just for the head...but I want one If u selling yours, let me know. I am not saying A2 can out thow everyone else, I just saying comparatively it has good throw based on its size. (Aleph is still bigger) Of cos if you want to talk about throw go get the Maxabeam, The Beast, X990, The Sleeper or the improved Thor light. All these lights throw in KM!!! Nothing beats them.

  10. #690
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore - Jurong West
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Aleph 3 Head = $60 USD
    2x123 body = $26 USD
    2 stage = $27 USD
    Tailcap = $15 USD
    Light Engine = $16 USD
    Lux 3 = $20 USD for super good bin
    Driver = $15 USD (Downboy XXX)
    Shipping = $5 USD

    What else is missing?

    Total given a conversion rate of $1.7 SGD = $1 USD, we get $184 USD which is $312 SGD. *Yikes*

  11. #691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Aleph 3 Head = $60 USD
    2x123 body = $26 USD
    2 stage = $27 USD
    Tailcap = $15 USD
    Light Engine = $16 USD
    Lux 3 = $20 USD for super good bin
    Driver = $15 USD (Downboy XXX)
    Shipping = $5 USD

    What else is missing?

    Total given a conversion rate of $1.7 SGD = $1 USD, we get $184 USD which is $312 SGD. *Yikes*
    U miss out the fee for workmanship for soldering the Light engine.....

  12. #692
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    safer to get the already assembled ones, if not, US$184 bye bye :P

  13. #693
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore - Jurong West
    Posts
    807

    Default

    Soldering those things are a PITA (Pain in the.... well.. you know where..)

  14. #694
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Soldering those things are a PITA (Pain in the.... well.. you know where..)
    Pain In The Arm, if the soldering gun kena your arm, very pain

  15. #695

    Default

    Wah! Ex man! So an assembled one will cost more? $400+? Anyone got the Li-on Heart? It is no longer in production.

  16. #696

    Default

    DO you guys let you wives know everytime you buy new lights? Especially the type of lights we are buying cost at least $xxx.xx dollars...wife will nag until her mouth dry!

  17. #697

    Default

    My surefire tourch replacement bulb cost more than a mini Maglite,but no regret buying this.

  18. #698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    ...
    If you really wanted good throw and cheap and small, go for the Streamlight TL3 (S$130). It throws furthur than the Surefire M3 and the light bulb is only S$16 (3times cheaper)
    ...
    Mind sharing which store sells the Streamlight TL3 for S$130?

    chgoh

  19. #699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh
    Mind sharing which store sells the Streamlight TL3 for S$130?

    chgoh
    U can get it at SngArms beach road.
    The prices is around $130++ forgot the actual figure.

    They sell fast.
    Last edited by morganoh; 25th January 2005 at 05:39 PM.

  20. #700
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chgoh
    Mind sharing which store sells the Streamlight TL3 for S$130?

    chgoh
    probably will be slightly cheaper if you order it from US.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •