Page 33 of 62 FirstFirst ... 823283132333435384358 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Oh! They carry M6? Thought they only deal with the smaller surefire.

I don't know, that's why I said 'Call'

thx casey... nope, cyril, hafn't tried sngarms yet.. not xactly v keen to deal with them.. but, if bobian, then have to loh...

doubt will b receiving any flashlights as xmas pressies but thinking of giving some for xmas.. that's y asking abt inova microlight.. wanna get something small n light for frens.. see if can somehow lure them into the way of the Light

Talking

Where to you guys "test" your light at night? I mean, we are in Singapore with more than 70% of our land catered for HDB flats and other buildings. I mean you don't go around shining at flats in the night rite? People might think you are siao or what. In parks, you also don't point your light anyhow, you might offend somebody and get hatam. Beside the off shore islands, where is the best place to "shine shine" out lights huh? (especially, if the light got good throw) BTW, I dun't hv many lights only Sl TL-3, some M*glites (which I am thinking to mod) and Inova T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    You have the Glotoob? You won't lost your dog...
    nope, dont have glotoob, but my dog has his own Arc AAA standard

sometimes i will lend him my Arc AAA Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Where to you guys "test" your light at night? I mean, we are in Singapore with more than 70% of our land catered for HDB flats and other buildings. I mean you don't go around shining at flats in the night rite? People might think you are siao or what. In parks, you also don't point your light anyhow, you might offend somebody and get hatam. Beside the off shore islands, where is the best place to "shine shine" out lights huh? (especially, if the light got good throw) BTW, I dun't hv many lights only Sl TL-3, some M*glites (which I am thinking to mod) and Inova T3.
    I always test my lights by shining them at the trees in the park just beside my house from my room window. Sometimes will shine directly at those monkeys up to no good in the park playground from my darkened room

Another good place to test is the cemetary but not many left & also you may see things you don't want to!

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    check out Surefire U2, that's one the most powerful LED torchlight so far
    Geez! That's a USD$270 piece of gem!

Thinking of getting a modified green laser pointer for fun. From z-bolt.com, modified to give out 4.99mW exactly.
    Last edited by 2100; 3rd December 2004 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    The U2 is about US$270 before shipping & can be ordered from US. Not sure if Sheares Marketing here has brought in yet.

Full specs of the L2 can be found here

It's basically a 5W LED light with 2 levels, 100 lumens on high (for general area lighting) & 15 on low (for close use) running on 2xCR123 batts. A good general-purpose light but 5W LEDs usually don't have ability to throw the light far. The length of the light is slightly more than 6 inches which makes it a bit long for carrying on the belt with a pouch or clipped on.
    Thanks Cyril... just that i've downloaded the pdf version of SF's catalogue and it says the L2 is only 65 lumens on the high level... i know U2 is 100 lumens at it's highest. hope sheares brings in the U2, but most of the time, after conversion, i find that the US prices are a bit lower... however, most don't ship overseas... any idea where i can order one online? price-wise, i think i wd get the L2, but i'm tempted with the U2...

Anyone nows where to get Pila batteries (rechargeble) in Singapore? Going to used them for 9P

Default Tigerlight

Looking for Tigerlight? Does Sheares carry them?

nope, dont have glotoob, but my dog has his own Arc AAA standard

sometimes i will lend him my Arc AAA Premium
    Casey, you need to get your dog one of these!

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Casey, you need to get your dog one of these!

nice one cyril

but too darn ex

nice one cyril
    hehe, I used to get that said to me very often whenever I work with some Brits as apparently that was a football fans cheer for a Tottenham Hotspurs striker from some time back after each time he scores a goal

Where to gel NyoGel 759G? My M2 need it badly. The grease is "dried up". SF uses Nyogel for their expensive flashlight, I'll follow what SF uses. Scare ordinary grease will hamper the performance of my M2.

Woah this thread 30+ pages liao... Fine i oso join in

1) Sonica 4xD (dont ask)
    2) Freebie AA light with 2D lamp installed.... battery burn of 5min
    3) 9LED AAA light
    4) Pelican Mitylite AA
    5) Pelican versabrite AA
    6) Surefire C2 Centurion
    7) green "L" shaped light (u noe what im talking abt)
    8) Maglite AA
    9) lots of other lights floating around

Thats all i can remember for now.....

You use them all?

Quote Originally Posted by dundee
    Woah this thread 30+ pages liao... Fine i oso join in

1) Sonica 4xD (dont ask)
    2) Freebie AA light with 2D lamp installed.... battery burn of 5min
    3) 9LED AAA light
    4) Pelican Mitylite AA
    5) Pelican versabrite AA
    6) Surefire C2 Centurion
    7) green "L" shaped light (u noe what im talking abt)
    8) Maglite AA
    9) lots of other lights floating around

Thats all i can remember for now.....

Heh not really... only 3, 4, 5 and 6.

Suprisingly, #6 gets used the least of these 4. (it costs 10C/min to run... more ex than making a call.... )

#8 doesent get used either... wayyy too dim.

Cool

Folks,

anyone of you has a Surefire G2 for sale? Pls PM me the condition, price and age of the light. thks.

Try for a 6P instead. It feels allot more solid cos of the metal build. Anywayz Sheares has stock comming in in the 1st week of january.

Quote Originally Posted by dundee
    Try for a 6P instead. It feels allot more solid cos of the metal build. Anywayz Sheares has stock comming in in the 1st week of january.

Thanks for advice. :Phone: sheares they says they cannot confirmed went iti will arrived.

But I am looking at 2nd hand one becasue will be REALLY using it. Heard that the Nitrolon is better than aluminium for daily usage because you can't leave a scratch on the light with rough handling and this is the cheapest surefire one can get. Anyone selling one?
    Last edited by Piper; 23rd December 2004 at 12:58 PM.

This thread is so bloody long....Have we beaten the underwater photography thread yet? Anyway, my point is, I have learned a lot about LED torchlights from this thread... when I visit Hong Kong and Shanghai last time, I bought those cheapo "POLICE" lights to be given as gifts and a few models for myself.

Now I always have a pocketlight whenever I go out, but whenever I forgot to bring it out, something happens that requires the use of a light, like last time a blackout in a Guangzhou residence, or leaving a factory at 3am in the industrial village.

!@#$%^&&*

Am thinking of getting a Nuwai 5W torchlight for about S$90.00 next time I visit Guangzhou....