Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 722273031323334374257 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 1231

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

  1. #621
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iz_k
    anyone knows what's the price like for the SF U2 and if it's available in SG?
    also wd like to know more abt the L2... if anyone has had any experience with it.
    TIA
    The U2 is about US$270 before shipping & can be ordered from US. Not sure if Sheares Marketing here has brought in yet.

    Full specs of the L2 can be found here

    It's basically a 5W LED light with 2 levels, 100 lumens on high (for general area lighting) & 15 on low (for close use) running on 2xCR123 batts. A good general-purpose light but 5W LEDs usually don't have ability to throw the light far. The length of the light is slightly more than 6 inches which makes it a bit long for carrying on the belt with a pouch or clipped on.

  2. #622
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    hi

    any1 know where i can get inova microlights? And the px they're being sold for? sheares don't have.

    Did you try SngArms at Beach Rd or Chinatown?

  3. #623
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Anyone here receiving a flashlight as Xmas gift this year?
    Yeah, bought by me as a present to myself.

  4. #624
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Yeah, bought by me as a present to myself.
    er.. cyril, anymore flashlights gift for me ?

  5. #625

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    The U2 is about US$270 before shipping & can be ordered from US. Not sure if Sheares Marketing here has brought in yet.

    Full specs of the L2 can be found here

    It's basically a 5W LED light with 2 levels, 100 lumens on high (for general area lighting) & 15 on low (for close use) running on 2xCR123 batts. A good general-purpose light but 5W LEDs usually don't have ability to throw the light far. The length of the light is slightly more than 6 inches which makes it a bit long for carrying on the belt with a pouch or clipped on.
    Urmm...U2 have 6 levels of brightness. How I know? CPF lor...

    Can adjust from 2-100 lumens in 6 levels!!!
    Last edited by Zephirum; 1st December 2004 at 06:24 PM.

  6. #626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Arc AAA or Arc LS?
    Either one, or both...

  7. #627
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    er.. cyril, anymore flashlights gift for me ?
    Used M@glite Solitaire you want?

  8. #628
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Urmm...U2 have 6 levels of brightness. How I know? CPF lor...

    Can adjust from 2-100 lumens in 6 levels!!!
    I'm referring to the L2 lah What's your nick there?

  9. #629
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    beebox
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    i notice the interior of my sure fire defender is abit damp when i unscrew the lamp assembly,issit normal?or is the batteries giving problems ?

  10. #630

    Default

    Just wondering, how often do you guys use your lights? I mean your collection. Do you use most of the light of just those that you like?

  11. #631

    Default

    Guys, what is the most powerful LED torchlight money can buy here in SG?

    How about ordering from overseas? Shipping over sounds pretty expensive.

    I have got this Eastgear one which has 21 LEDs. How about that Luxeon 1W one that i saw on EG's website.

  12. #632
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Guys, what is the most powerful LED torchlight money can buy here in SG?

    How about ordering from overseas? Shipping over sounds pretty expensive.

    I have got this Eastgear one which has 21 LEDs. How about that Luxeon 1W one that i saw on EG's website.
    check out Surefire U2, that's one the most powerful LED torchlight so far

  13. #633
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Just wondering, how often do you guys use your lights? I mean your collection. Do you use most of the light of just those that you like?
    well, i do use my lights rather often, when i bring my dog out at night.

    Sometimes i even tie my Arc AAA around his neck for fun

  14. #634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2100
    Guys, what is the most powerful LED torchlight money can buy here in SG?

    How about ordering from overseas? Shipping over sounds pretty expensive.

    I have got this Eastgear one which has 21 LEDs. How about that Luxeon 1W one that i saw on EG's website.

    yup! U2 can produce up to 100 lumens!!! For a LED...impressive

    But the price is US$270...also

  15. #635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    well, i do use my lights rather often, when i bring my dog out at night.

    Sometimes i even tie my Arc AAA around his neck for fun
    You have the Glotoob? You won't lost your dog...

  16. #636
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Just wondering, how often do you guys use your lights? I mean your collection. Do you use most of the light of just those that you like?

    I carry at least 2 torches with me everyday & use the others around the house as when needed.

  17. #637
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    You have the Glotoob? You won't lost your dog...
    The GloToob is nice but the 12V 23A battery doesn't last long & is expensive too. Wish they had a rechargeable version.

  18. #638

    Default

    Thinking of getting the M6, my first and probably only Surefire. Might as well go for the powerfull onw. Where can I get it locally? And roughly how much? I know it is not cheap Thks.

  19. #639
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Thinking of getting the M6, my first and probably only Surefire. Might as well go for the powerfull onw. Where can I get it locally? And roughly how much? I know it is not cheap Thks.
    Call Sheares Technology
    Address : 43 Beach Rd #01-00 Evershine & Century Complex Singapore 189681
    Telephone : 6333 0137

  20. #640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Call Sheares Technology
    Address : 43 Beach Rd #01-00 Evershine & Century Complex Singapore 189681
    Telephone : 6333 0137

    Oh! They carry M6? Thought they only deal with the smaller surefire.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •