Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 621262930313233364156 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Default P90 and 91 quality

Hmm.... tested my P90 and P91 lamp on my Nitrolon and 9P, I am wonder ing why is the beam oval instead of round like the stock P60? Is i a QC problem or it is all P90 and 91s are like that?
    Last edited by Zephirum; 25th November 2004 at 09:40 AM.

I believe it's because the filament is longer than the P60 series. That's why the beam is oval. Though the P60's filament isn't exactly "square" but the texturing is able to nullify the rectangular beam to something more round. Physics, limitations, comes into play here in the case of the P90 and P91

I have two P60. One is round and tight beamed, the other is oval. I believe besides the filament, how far it sits in or out of the reflector also make a difference, just like some focusable lights. The same goes to my two P61.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    I have two P60. One is round and tight beamed, the other is oval. I believe besides the filament, how far it sits in or out of the reflector also make a difference, just like some focusable lights. The same goes to my two P61.

Oh really? Andy, how do I tell if the lamp assembly gives round beam?

Must I register my SF lights in order for the warranty to be effective? If something breaks down will SF send in the parts?

I noticed that unlike the aluminium lights, all Nitrolon lights have no serial numbers. (Or maybe it has, but I can't seems to find it anywhere???) Is the serial numbers required for authentication when lights needs repair? Is Nitrolon lights also warranteed?
    Last edited by Zephirum; 26th November 2004 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Must I register my SF lights in order for the warranty to be effective? If something breaks down will SF send in the parts?

I noticed that unlike the aluminium lights, all Nitrolon lights have no serial numbers. (Or maybe it has, but I can't seems to find it anywhere???) Is the serial numbers required for authentication when lights needs repair? Is Nitrolon lights also warranteed?
    Not to worry, SF is very customer oriented. They honor their warranty even if you don't register. I have twice encountered problems with the products and they actually sent me new units. Well, in one scenario they told me to keep the defective one. No questions asked. How does that sound like to you?

There is no registration number on Nitrolon lights because it would mean SF needs to produce a new mold everytime they put a registration on the lights and Nitrolons are not easy to engrave.

Oh really? Andy, how do I tell if the lamp assembly gives round beam?
    Well, just a luck thing. Honestly it doesn't really bother me as I find that sometimes the oval beam is good for certain things like getting a slightly horizontal coverage when shining at building veranda or a stretch of jungle in front of me. In actual use you won't even really notice it.

Default inova microlight

hi

any1 know where i can get inova microlights? And the px they're being sold for? sheares don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    hi

any1 know where i can get inova microlights? And the px they're being sold for? sheares don't have.
    try home-fix DIY shops, remember i've seen them selling it.

Anyone seen any shop selling 3rd party Turbo head for SF 6P? The original SF one is quite ex, it is like for that kind of price I get get another G2 Yellow for my collection. You guys think the original Turbohead is worthy?
    Last edited by Piper; 29th November 2004 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    Anyone seen any shop selling 3rd party Turbo head for SF 6P? The original SF one is quite ex, it is like for that kind of price I get get another G2 Yellow for my collection. You guys think the original Turbohead is worthy?
    I don't think there's a third party add on for a turbo head. The original one is a piece of engineering marvel. It's a precision made for most throw while retaining a very smooth uniform beam. Any turbo heads which don't perform the above are defective and should be returned to Surefire.

anyone knows what's the price like for the SF U2 and if it's available in SG?
    also wd like to know more abt the L2... if anyone has had any experience with it.
    TIA

Oh really? Will they ever bother? Anyway, I have sent an email to them. See if they reply.
    i am sure they will..... let me know the outcome

Quote Originally Posted by amlim
    i am sure they will..... let me know the outcome
    Ok, let's see. You contacted them b4? Thanks man!

Default Wtb

Anyone selling their Arc lights?

Serious buyer here. PM the details.

Arc AAA or Arc LS?

Default Wow!!!!

Haven't been in Kopitiam for months...... First time I do and This Thread is still going strong........... Keep it up guys.... Is anyone still talking about the original subject.....Haven't really looked

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    I don't think there's a third party add on for a turbo head. The original one is a piece of engineering marvel. It's a precision made for most throw while retaining a very smooth uniform beam. Any turbo heads which don't perform the above are defective and should be returned to Surefire.

Thanks Nerd, I might get the KT ones. Guess I have answered my own question partly. Anyway, just to share. There is a 3rd party turbo head. Check out http://www.lagger-pro.com/hd3t.htm
    But it is about the same price same the KT series turbohead. Import to Sing, very ex. Claimed to perform better than the KT original, anyone is using SRTH turbohead liao?
    Last edited by Zephirum; 1st December 2004 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stroma
    Haven't been in Kopitiam for months...... First time I do and This Thread is still going strong........... Keep it up guys.... Is anyone still talking about the original subject.....Haven't really looked
    hi Stroma,

I am a newbie flashlight collector. Are u a flashaholic too? Regards.

Anyone here receiving a flashlight as Xmas gift this year?