Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 419242728293031343954 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

For those who can read Chinese, here is a HK light forum :

http://www.hiking.com.hk/discus/mess...tml?1100440741

Beside the Surefire M6 / 12PM that can produce 500 lumen brightness, any other competitor's light that can produce the same lumen?

How long does a SF 65 lumen bulb last? Is the 125 lumen bulb last as long as the 65 lm one? How much does one 125 lumen bulb (MN10) cost?
    Last edited by Zephirum; 14th November 2004 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Beside the Surefire M6 / 12PM that can produce 500 lumen brightness, any other competitor's light that can produce the same lumen?

How long does a SF 65 lumen bulb last? Is the 125 lumen bulb last as long as the 65 lm one? How much does one 125 lumen bulb (MN10) cost?
    Using lumens is just a measure of light output capability and does not tell you how far it can throw or how much flood it has. An M6 at 500 lumens definitely out-throws a 10X Dominator's 500 lumens because the reflector designs are different. There are some lights that are more than 500 lumens but is way much bigger than an SF M6. Try looking in CandlePowerForums for answers.

My 65 lumens bulb has been in constant use for the last 2 years although I won't say that all of them would last that long. The 125 lumens bulb should be able to last longer assuming lights are not abused because of a thicker filament. As for cost, price varies from shop to shop and I am sorry I cant be of help.

Anyone know the price of SureFire E1 & E1e and where to purchase it in Singapore? Thanks!
    And anyway, how to get to

Sheares Marketing
    43 Beach Road,
    Evershine & Century Complex.
    1st floor.

nearest MRT??
    Last edited by XXX Boy; 15th November 2004 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Anyone know the price of SureFire E1 & E1e and where to purchase it in Singapore? Thanks!
    And anyway, how to get to

Sheares Marketing
    43 Beach Road,
    Evershine & Century Complex.
    1st floor.

nearest MRT??
    either Bugis MRT or City Hall MRT, go check the map for exact location. It's near Shaw Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    either Bugis MRT or City Hall MRT, go check the map for exact location. It's near Shaw Tower.
    Thanks, will check out.

To be more definitive, it is diagonally opposite of shaw tower. just behind suntec city.

Anyone know the Price of Surefire Z2 combat light Now?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduckie_sg
    Anyone know the Price of Surefire Z2 combat light Now?

I think it is not in production anymore now...only saw the G2Z instead, maybe some shops carry old stocks of Z2 unless.....

was looking for the 9P, but it was discontinued...

Default Of turbo head

Wondering if I can use a turbo head for 6P or G2? Will it help to project the beam further?

ic.. thinking of selling my Z2.. anyone interested?

lol.. tot of upgrading to a 200+ lumens light if i could sell this =)

I think it is not in production anymore now...only saw the G2Z instead, maybe some shops carry old stocks of Z2 unless.....

was looking for the 9P, but it was discontinued...
    Z2 is still available in one of the US websites, and still in the Surefire site too, still in production.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduckie_sg
    ic.. thinking of selling my Z2.. anyone interested?
    Check ur PM.

Check ur PM.
    Replied!

Thanks for your reply... I'll source around for Z2 at the mean time...

Are you really sure you want the Z2? The lens is Lexan and not Pyrex. If turned on for too long it might overheat and bubble, or melt. I have a G2Z and although it is Nitrolon plastic, it is by no means weak. It is in fact the toughest plastic torch I ever handled and the lens is Pyrex (glass composite) and not Lexan (plastic).

On comparison, the Z2 although made of aluminium, the body anodizing is not hard anodized to grade III (or HAIII), and tends to wear faster than a G2Z Nitrolon. You would be better off buying the G2Z Nitrolon. And by the way, the inside of the G2Z Nitrolon is an aluminium tube with Nitrolon plastic encased on the outside. Very tough for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Are you really sure you want the Z2? The lens is Lexan and not Pyrex. If turned on for too long it might overheat and bubble, or melt. I have a G2Z and although it is Nitrolon plastic, it is by no means weak. It is in fact the toughest plastic torch I ever handled and the lens is Pyrex (glass composite) and not Lexan (plastic).

On comparison, the Z2 although made of aluminium, the body anodizing is not hard anodized to grade III (or HAIII), and tends to wear faster than a G2Z Nitrolon. You would be better off buying the G2Z Nitrolon. And by the way, the inside of the G2Z Nitrolon is an aluminium tube with Nitrolon plastic encased on the outside. Very tough for what it's worth.

Thanks again for the info, flashexpert... What about the 6P? It is also using pyrex glass?

6P is not HAIII anodized also but at least the lens is Pyrex. Quite a good light that is recommended by many.

Came across this light call Underwater Kinetics Light Cannon was was really astonished by the light output of it. It is pretty ex due to the fact that it is made of plastic and runs on C size batteries. The beam is white but iti is not LED, but a kind of blub cal HID bulb and I asked them, each bulb cost more that S$100 and not easily avialable. I like the beam give for it. Anyone who came across HID type of lamp wanna their user experience?