Page 28 of 62 FirstFirst ... 318232627282930333853 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

It's at No. 9, Trengganu Street. I just checked it on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    That much!!?? I thought it was only S$8 or so. Sorry I did not check the price. I assumed.
    i got a few with the help of a friend directly from the usa. after including shipping (shared with others), the bulb costs me around $10 per piece..

but i think sngarms prices rather ex...

It's at No. 9, Trengganu Street. I just checked it on the net.
    is albert away from singapore? didn't see his posts on cpf... the singapore thread looks dead...

Quote Originally Posted by amlim
    i got a few with the help of a friend directly from the usa. after including shipping (shared with others), the bulb costs me around $10 per piece..

but i think sngarms prices rather ex...
    Well my friend, if it is at S$10 dollars a piece I would rather get it from Sngarms directly and pay them the addition S$4 than to get down on my knees and pray for the shipment to come in. It is not worth the hassle.

...the singapore thread looks dead...
    Well, it ought to be... has anyone wondered why I am not actively posting in CandlePowerForum's Singapore thread? It is way off topic from what the initial poster posted and with all those banal talk going around really doesn't make sense. That is an American site and we should not bring out the buay zi tong (senseless) Singapore culture over there. It is a real disgrace to us Singaporeans. Add to the fact there is this fella (you know who) who blabble all the vulgarities like he owns the site. I feel ASHAMED to include my name in that section.

last time i checked, $14 bucks...
    I think the last time I saw it there was $14~$15.00. Ex... was looking for the UK light accessories...anyway, try to bargain.
    Last edited by Zephirum; 12th November 2004 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iz_k
    Hi guys,
    Can't seem to get the Longbow Eco. So thinking of the Pelican M6 LED.
    Anyone knows where to get it the cheapest?
    Otherwise, might get the Streamlight Jr Luxeon.
    AAs are my first choice as I have a lot of rechargeable AAs from my flash unit.
    Cheers!

Saw it in sheares, i think is hundred plus, dunno if it is still so...sometimes back. (i mean the pelican led)

Default rechargeble 123a batt???

Folks,

is there such a thing call Rechargeble cr123a batts? if so, anyone using one now? anywhere is singapore selling? will the effect it be as good as the disposable cr123 when use in luxeon led flashlight?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Folks,

is there such a thing call Rechargeble cr123a batts? if so, anyone using one now? anywhere is singapore selling? will the effect it be as good as the disposable cr123 when use in luxeon led flashlight?
    yup, there is.look for this guy "s2k" at CPF or go to his website www.justbright.com

Quote Originally Posted by RtOaNn
    yup, there is.look for this guy "s2k" at CPF or go to his website www.justbright.com

thks man!

Well my friend, if it is at S$10 dollars a piece I would rather get it from Sngarms directly and pay them the addition S$4 than to get down on my knees and pray for the shipment to come in. It is not worth the hassle.
    i agree. especially if just buying one or two bulbs..

how are things? when can we catch up?

Folks,

Yes there are rechargeable CR123s but unless you know what you are doing it is better to avoid.

Current rechargeables are at around 4.2 to 4.5 volts and may not be suitable for use on incandescent lights rated to use only 3 volt lithium CR123. The bulb will blow. As for use with Luxeon LED lights, some lights that are taking 2 lithium CR123 can only take 1 rechargeable CR123. Unless a full test is done, we are not sure which one can, and which one can't. What I do know is that Surefire L4 Lumamax that is rated to take 2 CR123s can only be used with a single rechargeable CR123 or the circuit would be toasted.

As for the rechargeable CR123s in Singapore, they are unprotected batteries. Meaning there are no over-charge, or under-charge protection. If over-charged the batteries may have a tendency to explode, and if under-charged the batteries may die a pre-mature death.

Although s2k tells us that it is safe to use, I am not entirely convinced. If there is an accident then who is bearing responsility? Looking at all the Chinese inscriptions on the charger sent chills down my spine as the Chinese are well known for making impractical and unsafe electrical appliances. That is what happened to a batch of Browning brand CR123s that was recalled back to factory because there are a few recorded incidence of batteries exploding in a Browning flashlight half-way in use due to excessive heat built-up. They are made in China.

I would expect anyone who is selling items like this to excercise some form of responsility (especially in black and white) and not sell just to make money. Because if by doing so then there is no civility involved.
    Last edited by Andy Ho; 13th November 2004 at 02:38 PM.

i agree. especially if just buying one or two bulbs..

how are things? when can we catch up?
    I am doing fine bro. Have been busy shooting lately, almost everyday. Do catch up. Will give ya a call when I am able to breathe. Will be going over overseas again to do an oil refinery shoot, maybe when I come back.

Yes there are rechargeable CR123s but unless you know what you are doing it is better to avoid.

Current rechargeables are at around 4.2 to 4.5 volts and may not be suitable for use on incandescent lights rated to use only 3 volt lithium CR123. The bulb will blow. As for use with Luxeon LED lights, some lights that are taking 2 lithium CR123 can only take 1 rechargeable CR123. Unless a full test is done, we are not sure which one can, and which one can't. What I do know is that Surefire L4 Lumamax that is rated to take 2 CR123s can only be used with a single rechargeable CR123 or the circuit would be toasted.

As for the rechargeable CR123s in Singapore, they are unprotected batteries. Meaning there are no over-charge, or under-charge protection. If over-charged the batteries may have a tendency to explode, and if under-charged the batteries may die a pre-mature death.

Although s2k tells us that it is safe to use, I am not entirely convinced. If there is an accident then who is bearing responsility? Looking at all the Chinese inscriptions on the charger sent chills down my spine as the Chinese are well known for making impractical and unsafe electrical appliances. That is what happened to a batch of Browning brand CR123s that was recalled back to factory because there are a few recorded incidence of batteries exploding in a Browning flashlight half-way in use due to excessive heat built-up. They are made in China.

I would expect anyone who is selling items like this to excercise some form of responsility (especially in black and white) and not sell just to make money. Because if by doing so then there is no civility involved.

Andy, good info there. Thks. Also read from some website that these batts can spoilt certain light... ......then where is the best place to get cr123 batt? Went to sheares to look for SL TL-3, but not stock

Anyone selling his Pelican M6 or Streamlight TL-3?

Andy, good info there. Thks. Also read from some website that these batts can spoilt certain light... ......then where is the best place to get cr123 batt?
    As what Andy Ho mentioned earlier, Sheares is charging $18 for 6 and $34 for 12 pcs Energizer. EastGear is selling its Sanyo at $3 each.

Default For those with Pelican M6

Anyone here has done this with their Pelican M6?

http://dmcleish.com/CPF/Pelican-M6/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by RtOaNn
    As what Andy Ho mentioned earlier, Sheares is charging $18 for 6 and $34 for 12 pcs Energizer. EastGear is selling its Sanyo at $3 each.
    thks. which one is better? sanyo one or enegizer? then it is neccessary to use SF cr123a for SF lights? how much is SF cr123? must be ex. got diff meh?

I'm not sure abt this but i guess energizer shld be better. No need to use SF CR123 for their lights, any brand will do.

Well Zeph,

You don't need to worry about batteries. I cycle between Energizer and Sanyo depending on where I am when I decide to buy batteries. As for SF CR123 batteries, it performed noticeably better only when using Luxeon LED lights but is nothing special when incandescents are involved.