Page 27 of 62 FirstFirst ... 217222526272829323752 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

heLLO.

juz started Photography.. and so happen i own a Surefire Z2 Combatlight! i got it 2 yrs ago.

Is sheares marketing the only distributor in singapore? is it located in the same building "army market"?

Quote Originally Posted by rubberduckie_sg
    heLLO.

juz started Photography.. and so happen i own a Surefire Z2 Combatlight! i got it 2 yrs ago.

Is sheares marketing the only distributor in singapore? is it located in the same building "army market"?
    Hi rubberduckie,

Welcome to CS. Sheares is not a distributor for Surefire products but they are an authorized dealer. They are situated in Evershine & Century Complex along Beach road. It is opposite Prince cinema and is not anywhere near the army market. They are on the first floor and you should be able to see their logo "Sheares" when you are standing in Prince and looking across.

Ok thx. nice to Hear replies from you Guru Torchlighters

i was looking for bulk lithuim battries for some time. gonna go down and get some tml.
    thanks alot!

Ok thx. nice to Hear replies from you Guru Torchlighters

i was looking for bulk lithuim battries for some time. gonna go down and get some tml.
    thanks alot!
    If you are getting lithium batteries, why not go down to Eastgear in Peninsula Plaza? They are going for as cheap as $28 per box of 10. That works out to $2.80 each. Although they are Sanyo brand, I have not had any problems so far and felt that they performed as well as Energizer.

Hi guys,
    Can't seem to get the Longbow Eco. So thinking of the Pelican M6 LED.
    Anyone knows where to get it the cheapest?
    Otherwise, might get the Streamlight Jr Luxeon.
    AAs are my first choice as I have a lot of rechargeable AAs from my flash unit.
    Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    If you are getting lithium batteries, why not go down to Eastgear in Peninsula Plaza? They are going for as cheap as $28 per box of 10. That works out to $2.80 each. Although they are Sanyo brand, I have not had any problems so far and felt that they performed as well as Energizer.

hmmm..
    SDG28 for 10pcs. sounds good.

how much does sheares marketing charge for 10 pcs? i might want to get 40 pcs

Btw which floor is "eastgear located"?
    Last edited by rubberduckie_sg; 9th November 2004 at 10:41 PM.

hmmm..

Sheares is charging $18 for 6 and $34 for 12 pcs Energizer. They are not wrapped in factory so as to lower cost as Energizer's cost is higher. So far I have not had any problems with the Energizer I bought from Sheares.

Eastgear is located on the 2nd floor of Peninsula Plaza on the same stretch of shops as Alex Photo. Can't recall the unit number but if you are standing outside Alex Photo and facing the shop, it is on your right hand side. You can PM Eastgear also if you are interested.

Any one knows where to get ARC AA FLASHLIGHT? thks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Any one knows where to get ARC AA FLASHLIGHT? thks.
    Unfortunately Arc has closed down and there is no more production being done. You might like to try the Buy/Sell/Trade section in Candle Power Forums .

Tactical lights must at least satisfy 3 criteria IMHO.

1) The light must be strong enough to momentarily blind an attacker.

2) Must have a momentary on/off switch for user to on/off in speed.

3) Must be strong enough to withstand accidental knocks and shock, especially those from a recoiling firearm.

Then some light manufacturer might add in the 4th criteria below,

4) Might have a combat grip for use with a handgun.
    Hi Andy,

then do you think the Inova XO ,X1 and X5 are tacitical lights? I have not own a surefire yet, but I do wonder in a confrontational situation, can my Inova's really blind a robber (momentary) and then I have the advantage and use my taekwondo kick to lash his ass....

BTW, what od u think of Surefire L5 lumimax? Contemplating on L4 or L5..... will be my first surefire
    Last edited by Zephirum; 11th November 2004 at 09:06 AM.

hmmm..

their link is www.eastgear.com.

their link is www.eastgear.com.
    I'm still looking for a Scorpion Streamlight Spare bulb. Anyone know where i can get one?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Hi Andy,

then do you think the Inova XO ,X1 and X5 are tacitical lights? I have not own a surefire yet, but I do wonder in a confrontational situation, can my Inova's really blind a robber (momentary) and then I have the advantage and use my taekwondo kick to lash his ass....

BTW, what od u think of Surefire L5 lumimax? Contemplating on L4 or L5..... will be my first surefire
    In my opinion, I think besides the XO, non of them are classified as tactical lights. The X5 is bright if you look directly into the beam but it is not bright enough to cause you to flinch. The XO is a 1 watt LED light and is plenty bright but for me I would rather anytime pick up an incandescent to qualify as tactical lights.

But why do you need a tactical light? In Singapore it seems your chances of using them is near to zero, all thanks to our very efficient police force. Btw, do you know that a person well versed in the martial arts would stand a higher chance of going to jail and getting a double sentence even if caught in a situation where self-defence is necessary?

If you intend to carry your lights everyday, the L4 would be more suitable since it is smaller and much more easily pocketable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    I'm still looking for a Scorpion Streamlight Spare bulb. Anyone know where i can get one?
    Hi wolfgang,

There are Scorpion bulbs in Sngarms, Chinatown office. Last time I went there I did not get it for you as I thought you had already gotten them.

Alrite. I went down to eastgear yesterday. got the sanyo bats.

Hi wolfgang,

There are Scorpion bulbs in Sngarms, Chinatown office. Last time I went there I did not get it for you as I thought you had already gotten them.
    Excellent. Thanks Andy.
    --

Hi wolfgang,

Andy, would you have any idea how much is one bulb?
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    Andy, would you have any idea how much is one bulb?
    last time i checked, $14 bucks...

Quote Originally Posted by amlim
    That much!!?? I thought it was only S$8 or so. Sorry I did not check the price. I assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by amlim
    alrighty. thanks.

one more thing tho'

Where is Sngarms @ Chinatown?
    --