Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728313651 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Getting either the Inova T3 and Inova XO3 or Pelican M6 LED as Andy recommended, insrtead of Nuwai Q3. I believe these are LED with good throw rite? according to my own reading from reviews and CPF ppl. Does Sheares carry Inova or Pelican lights? If not, where got sell Inova/Pelican locally?
    I think Sheares only have Inova XO, X1, X5, 24/7. I'm not sure whether they carry the T series.

There are T3 in Sheares.

Anyone knows how much is the Longbow Eco 8210S now?
    And where is the best place to get it?
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by iz_k
    Anyone knows how much is the Longbow Eco 8210S now?
    And where is the best place to get it?
    TIA
    Try sending an email to info@justbright.com - a local Longbow dealer to see if he has them.

Default abt 123a battery

hi fellow flasholics,

i have a question regarding 123a lithium batt. while changing my 123a batt for my torch, i noticed that the compartment is moist with a fuuuny odour (those chemical odour), and the batt is is kind of 'oily' . i think the batt is leaking or somthing. i notice this everytime I change to new pair of 123a batts. i was wondering is the nature of lithium 123a batt? and is the discharge from the batt and the vapour (or rather the odour) toxic? Have you guy who use 123a torch encounter this?

see, this doesn't happen on aa/aaa bat. but on my 2 or 3 of the 123a torches.
    Last edited by Piper; 7th November 2004 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    hi fellow flasholics,

i have a question regarding 123a lithium batt. while changing my 123a batt for my torch, i noticed that the compartment is moist with a fuuuny odour (those chemical odour), and the batt is is kind of 'oily' . i think the batt is leaking or somthing. i notice this everytime I change to new pair of 123a batts. i was wondering is the nature of lithium 123a batt? and is the discharge from the batt and the vapour (or rather the odour) toxic? Have you guy who use 123a torch encounter this?

see, this doesn't happen on aa/aaa bat. but on my 2 or 3 of the 123a torches.
    never happened to me before. have you tried to clean uyp the oil before changing the batteries ? seems strange that all your cr123 batts are leaking.. whats the expiry date of the batts and the torch you are using ?

andy - your help is needed..

I am not really an expert here but all I can say is lithium does not contain liquid so there is no way it will leak. It is just the oil coating on new batteries. I always smell that whenever I open a pack of new batteries. It is not a concern to me and I don't think it should be for you too. Relax.

AFAIK lithium batteries shouldn't leak unless they are counterfeit ones What brand are yours? How long have had them lying around before using?

Actually, we people says a torch is "tactical", what does he really means? What is the criteria for a torch to be rated "tactical"? It is those light bright enuf to blind attacker and is with those rotating tail switch then can call tactical....

Haha, got 6 lights liao....s**t, this is addictive...am I going to acquire this as a hobby? hey fellow light collectors, how much have you spent on all your lights?

Now, I want to get the Gerber LX3.0, ask sheares, they dun hv.....which shop got sell?

I am using a Mini MAGlite, is it consider a good one?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I am using a Mini MAGlite, is it consider a good one?
    hehe, unmodified mini maglite is a

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    hehe, unmodified mini maglite is a
    Huh?! You mean Mini Maglite can be modified? If yes, where and how much will it cost?
    Btw, how to modify?

Huh?! You mean Mini Maglite can be modified? If yes, where and how much will it cost?
    Btw, how to modify?
    yes, you can get a LED sandwitch module and replace the bulb with it.

costs will be roughly estimated at US$40 ? cant remember exactly... have to order the parts from the US and do a simple DIY.

Btw, how to modify?
    http://www.luxeonstar.com/item.php?i...78&partno=TLE5

Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Actually, we people says a torch is "tactical", what does he really means? What is the criteria for a torch to be rated "tactical"? It is those light bright enuf to blind attacker and is with those rotating tail switch then can call tactical....
    Tactical lights must at least satisfy 3 criteria IMHO.

1) The light must be strong enough to momentarily blind an attacker.

2) Must have a momentary on/off switch for user to on/off in speed.

3) Must be strong enough to withstand accidental knocks and shock, especially those from a recoiling firearm.

Then some light manufacturer might add in the 4th criteria below,

4) Might have a combat grip for use with a handgun.

Btw, how to modify?
    The cost needed to modify your mini maglite is small but if that is what you need to pay, might as well get yourself a Streamlight Junior Luxeon ?

You can find them in Sheares Marketing in Singapore or you can check out in Meridian Tactical in the US. Though slightly more expensive, the Streamlight Jr Luxeon comes with a tactical clickie switch for momentary on/off and is shaped very much like a mini maglite.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    The cost needed to modify your mini maglite is small but if that is what you need to pay, might as well get yourself a Streamlight Junior Luxeon ?

You can find them in Sheares Marketing in Singapore or you can check out in Meridian Tactical in the US. Though slightly more expensive, the Streamlight Jr Luxeon comes with a tactical clickie switch for momentary on/off and is shaped very much like a mini maglite.
    Thanks brudder!

You are welcome.

In fact, there are many more different brands and lights that you can look at that easily put a mini maglite to shame. If you are interested I could show you some of mine and you could compare them side by side to a mini maglite.

Do pm or email me if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Do pm or email me if you are interested.
    wassup bro, haven't been playing with my flashlights for some time now :P kinda lost touch with the latest models/stuffs

maybe will meet up with you guys one day, after i get my Tiger back