Page 26 of 62 FirstFirst ... 16212425262728313651 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 1231

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

  1. #501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Getting either the Inova T3 and Inova XO3 or Pelican M6 LED as Andy recommended, insrtead of Nuwai Q3. I believe these are LED with good throw rite? according to my own reading from reviews and CPF ppl. Does Sheares carry Inova or Pelican lights? If not, where got sell Inova/Pelican locally?
    I think Sheares only have Inova XO, X1, X5, 24/7. I'm not sure whether they carry the T series.

  2. #502
    Member Andy Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    389

    Default

    There are T3 in Sheares.

  3. #503
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    N01.35574 E103.98870
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Anyone knows how much is the Longbow Eco 8210S now?
    And where is the best place to get it?
    TIA

  4. #504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iz_k
    Anyone knows how much is the Longbow Eco 8210S now?
    And where is the best place to get it?
    TIA
    Try sending an email to info@justbright.com - a local Longbow dealer to see if he has them.

  5. #505

    Default abt 123a battery

    hi fellow flasholics,

    i have a question regarding 123a lithium batt. while changing my 123a batt for my torch, i noticed that the compartment is moist with a fuuuny odour (those chemical odour), and the batt is is kind of 'oily' . i think the batt is leaking or somthing. i notice this everytime I change to new pair of 123a batts. i was wondering is the nature of lithium 123a batt? and is the discharge from the batt and the vapour (or rather the odour) toxic? Have you guy who use 123a torch encounter this?

    see, this doesn't happen on aa/aaa bat. but on my 2 or 3 of the 123a torches.
    Last edited by Piper; 7th November 2004 at 10:49 PM.

  6. #506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Piper
    hi fellow flasholics,

    i have a question regarding 123a lithium batt. while changing my 123a batt for my torch, i noticed that the compartment is moist with a fuuuny odour (those chemical odour), and the batt is is kind of 'oily' . i think the batt is leaking or somthing. i notice this everytime I change to new pair of 123a batts. i was wondering is the nature of lithium 123a batt? and is the discharge from the batt and the vapour (or rather the odour) toxic? Have you guy who use 123a torch encounter this?

    see, this doesn't happen on aa/aaa bat. but on my 2 or 3 of the 123a torches.
    never happened to me before. have you tried to clean uyp the oil before changing the batteries ? seems strange that all your cr123 batts are leaking.. whats the expiry date of the batts and the torch you are using ?

    andy - your help is needed..

  7. #507
    Member Andy Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I am not really an expert here but all I can say is lithium does not contain liquid so there is no way it will leak. It is just the oil coating on new batteries. I always smell that whenever I open a pack of new batteries. It is not a concern to me and I don't think it should be for you too. Relax.

  8. #508
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    AFAIK lithium batteries shouldn't leak unless they are counterfeit ones What brand are yours? How long have had them lying around before using?

  9. #509

    Default

    Actually, we people says a torch is "tactical", what does he really means? What is the criteria for a torch to be rated "tactical"? It is those light bright enuf to blind attacker and is with those rotating tail switch then can call tactical....

  10. #510

    Default

    Haha, got 6 lights liao....s**t, this is addictive...am I going to acquire this as a hobby? hey fellow light collectors, how much have you spent on all your lights?

    Now, I want to get the Gerber LX3.0, ask sheares, they dun hv.....which shop got sell?


  11. #511
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    I am using a Mini MAGlite, is it consider a good one?

  12. #512
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    I am using a Mini MAGlite, is it consider a good one?
    hehe, unmodified mini maglite is a

  13. #513
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    hehe, unmodified mini maglite is a
    Huh?! You mean Mini Maglite can be modified? If yes, where and how much will it cost?
    Btw, how to modify?

  14. #514
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Huh?! You mean Mini Maglite can be modified? If yes, where and how much will it cost?
    Btw, how to modify?
    yes, you can get a LED sandwitch module and replace the bulb with it.

    costs will be roughly estimated at US$40 ? cant remember exactly... have to order the parts from the US and do a simple DIY.

  15. #515
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    永恒国度
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Huh?! You mean Mini Maglite can be modified? If yes, where and how much will it cost?
    Btw, how to modify?
    http://www.luxeonstar.com/item.php?i...78&partno=TLE5

  16. #516
    Member Andy Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephirum
    Actually, we people says a torch is "tactical", what does he really means? What is the criteria for a torch to be rated "tactical"? It is those light bright enuf to blind attacker and is with those rotating tail switch then can call tactical....
    Tactical lights must at least satisfy 3 criteria IMHO.

    1) The light must be strong enough to momentarily blind an attacker.

    2) Must have a momentary on/off switch for user to on/off in speed.

    3) Must be strong enough to withstand accidental knocks and shock, especially those from a recoiling firearm.

    Then some light manufacturer might add in the 4th criteria below,

    4) Might have a combat grip for use with a handgun.

  17. #517
    Member Andy Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy
    Huh?! You mean Mini Maglite can be modified? If yes, where and how much will it cost?
    Btw, how to modify?
    The cost needed to modify your mini maglite is small but if that is what you need to pay, might as well get yourself a Streamlight Junior Luxeon ?

    You can find them in Sheares Marketing in Singapore or you can check out in Meridian Tactical in the US. Though slightly more expensive, the Streamlight Jr Luxeon comes with a tactical clickie switch for momentary on/off and is shaped very much like a mini maglite.

  18. #518
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    The cost needed to modify your mini maglite is small but if that is what you need to pay, might as well get yourself a Streamlight Junior Luxeon ?

    You can find them in Sheares Marketing in Singapore or you can check out in Meridian Tactical in the US. Though slightly more expensive, the Streamlight Jr Luxeon comes with a tactical clickie switch for momentary on/off and is shaped very much like a mini maglite.
    Thanks brudder!

  19. #519
    Member Andy Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    389

    Default

    You are welcome.

    In fact, there are many more different brands and lights that you can look at that easily put a mini maglite to shame. If you are interested I could show you some of mine and you could compare them side by side to a mini maglite.

    Do pm or email me if you are interested.

  20. #520
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Do pm or email me if you are interested.
    wassup bro, haven't been playing with my flashlights for some time now :P kinda lost touch with the latest models/stuffs

    maybe will meet up with you guys one day, after i get my Tiger back

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •