Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Dont buy that its too expensive.

If you are looking for some cheaper ones just go to Beach Rd. (the place where Sporeans bought army stuffs below is hawker center)

U can find identical ones for around $30

Or if not go to eastgear.com you can also find this lights around $25-35.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermunn
    Hi torchlight enthusiasts,

I wanted to purchase a Surefire (been procrastinating for the past 2 years or so).. so I went to SngArms this morning.

They are out of stock for Surefires... but they have a very similar one... they call it their housebrand under the name of Paul London, and the model they have is the Life Guard.

It's quite bright.. was selling for $104 but is now on sale at $65.

Anyone reviewed this before? Seems like a good buy. Any recommendations? Hmmm.. how about this compared to the Pelican M6 Lithium or Streamlight Scorpion?

Please advise.... need to get a good light for my weekend trip.

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Dont buy that its too expensive.

If you are looking for some cheaper ones just go to Beach Rd. (the place where Sporeans bought army stuffs below is hawker center)

U can find identical ones for around $30

Or if not go to eastgear.com you can also find this lights around $25-35.
    THanks MorganOh... same sentiments... somehow the 'imitation' is kinda dodgy.. after all, Paul London is not known for their flashlights, let alone tactical ones, annd therefore there's no research done for it.

I'm now narrowing my preferences to the Pelican M6 Lithium, Streamline Scorpion, and Streamline Nightfighter.

Which one is good?

What's the general review?

What time does the Beach Road shop close? Someone was mentioning about some particular shop in Beach Road which deals in lights as well?

I wanted to purchase a Surefire (been procrastinating for the past 2 years or so).. so I went to SngArms this morning.

They are out of stock for Surefires... but they have a very similar one... they call it their housebrand under the name of Paul London, and the model they have is the Life Guard.

Anyone reviewed this before? Seems like a good buy. Any recommendations? Hmmm.. how about this compared to the Pelican M6 Lithium or Streamlight Scorpion?

Please check your PM.

Try here for some reviews - http://flashlightreviews.home.att.ne...ex_lithium.htm

That shop is Sheares Marketing at 43 Beach Road, somewhere opposite the old Beach Rd. camp.

I think this had been discussed before but I can't remember where. Forget about Paul London. Paul London is a home brand of Sngarms. They tack many of their products with this name to confuse customers that it is some western brand. Paul London tents, Paul London basha, Paul London torchlights, Paul London T-shirts, Paul London knives, etc etc... It is all a ton of crap created by Sngarms to confuse us. Has anyone heard of Paul London besides Sngarms? I know they do occasionally sell these PL brand stuff on megasale in Carrefour but besides that this brand is unheard of and quality of mediocre standards.

If I am paying S$65 to buy a torchlight I would rather get a Surefire G2 from Sheares Marketing anytime.

engineermunn, if you want to know more info regarding torchlights I would suggest you look up Candle Power Forums . Many of us here are members in that U.S. forums and they are very civillized people.

Good luck.

Anyone knows if the Aviator A2 is available at Sheares Mktg and how much?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by iz_k
    Anyone knows if the Aviator A2 is available at Sheares Mktg and how much?
    Thanks.
    The last time I went to Sheares was a week ago and I saw an A2 Aviator in black hard anodize type III. It is a little bit more expensive than the non black version and should retail around S$320 +/-.

Default inova 24/7

inova 24/7 going for only us$10... any1 interested? any1 know whether this seller ships to singapore? seems like a v good deal

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3665065

Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    inova 24/7 going for only us$10... any1 interested? any1 know whether this seller ships to singapore? seems like a v good deal

http://shop4.outpost.com/product/3665065
    Read the fine print (unless you are color blind ) Not available for export.

alamak.. paisey.. sorry lah.. **** eye..

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Read the fine print (unless you are color blind ) Not available for export.
    send to vpostusa ? technically speaking, sending to USA address mar :P

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    send to vpostusa ? technically speaking, sending to USA address mar :P

Yah, I end up paying double for shipping based on volumetric not actual weight

anyway, I think the offer is over

If the postsge from seller to a us address is free than we only need to pay postage to Vpost from USto Spore right? or r there extra charges?

Nice to see a bunch of flashaholics lurking here.... hehehehe...

Andy, Casey, Cyril - How are you guys ?

haha..
    just paid US$90 for a Brand new Surefire E2D inclusive of shipping from US..
    all the browsing of links suddenly make torch light so cool~!!!

Upz for all Torch light Hobbyists~!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    haha..
    just paid US$90 for a Brand new Surefire E2D inclusive of shipping from US..
    all the browsing of links suddenly make torch light so cool~!!!

Upz for all Torch light Hobbyists~!!!!
    hehe, just remember dont put it in your pocket ! The crenelated bezel will create nice little holes in your pocket

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    hehe, just remember dont put it in your pocket ! The crenelated bezel will create nice little holes in your pocket
    later end up like andy's pants.. but looks cool on tactical pants.. can claim to be caused by bullet grazes...

Quote Originally Posted by amlim
    later end up like andy's pants.. but looks cool on tactical pants.. can claim to be caused by bullet grazes...
    Ya ya ya...I had my fair share of bullet grazes...

To all you people who want to send by vPost USA to Singapore here is a bad news for you. My friend is a Post Master with Singpost and he said all articles sent in using vPost must include actual invoice amount from the dealer or they will not entertain. That means if the amount is too big like S$400 then GST is chargeable. You may end up paying more if you add in GST.

Quote Originally Posted by MashiMaro
    BTW if any of you want to buy my rare-yellow-cute Surefire G2, send me a PM.

MashiMaro,

The yellow G2 is not rare at all. In fact there are plentiful of them in production. Please respect our moderator RoyGoh's decision not to post buy/sell/and trade of torchlight related items in this thread before this thread is officially closed for good. Refer a few post before this if you don't know.

Thanks,

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by MashiMaro
    My sincere appology..
    Moderator, please delete my previous post. Thank you.
    i think you can just go to your previous post and edit it. if moderator deletes, i don't know if all the postings subsequent to yours are deleted also.