..but, oh no.. there goes my $..

Quote Originally Posted by csk
    Looks like MODEL NO. ALX-253L
    http://www.nuwai.com.tw/5_watt_led.htm
    Cost around $169 (price on the tag)

Regards
    Bought the 5W led $155

I compare with my Pelican 1W LED.
    AT 1meter. the 5W is definitly much brighter , but the "5W" reflector is no doing a good job.

AT > 5 meter, the Pelican is much better, as the pelican is able to give a better throw.. then the 5W LED.

I looked into the "5W" and found that theres a small gap around 2-3mm between the 5W LED bulb and Reflector.
    While the Pelican one is less than 1mm. Is this the main reason for the defuse light on the "5W"

No very good in explaining, how you guys understand what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Bought the 5W led $155

I compare with my Pelican 1W LED.
    AT 1meter. the 5W is definitly much brighter , but the "5W" reflector is no doing a good job.

AT > 5 meter, the Pelican is much better, as the pelican is able to give a better throw.. then the 5W LED.

I looked into the "5W" and found that theres a small gap around 2-3mm between the 5W LED bulb and Reflector.
    While the Pelican one is less than 1mm. Is this the main reason for the defuse light on the "5W"

No very good in explaining, how you guys understand what I wrote.
    This one is even better, has dimmer control.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    This one is even better, has dimmer control.
    yes its better and I guess its going to be much more expensive.

can this light be purchase in Singapore?

yes its better and I guess its going to be much more expensive.

can this light be purchase in Singapore?
    Not sure about Singapore but I can try to get for you if you are want.

Not sure about Singapore but I can try to get for you if you are want.
    Yes please. 1st need to find out how much it is, cos spend too much this mth. May have to wait till next mth then I can buy another one.

Anyone wants Surefire L2 for $290?

*Five Watt LED
    *High / Low Beam
    *Mil-Spec Type III hard-anodized finish
    *Pyrex lens

Output : 65+ Lumens (High Beam) ; 15+ Lumens (Low Beam) Hard Anodized
    Can you advice me why is it that Sure fire 5W LED is 65 lumen but some other brand of 5W LED is 120 Lumen?
    Is there any tech details behind each light that cause this different in strength?

Can you advice me why is it that Sure fire 5W LED is 65 lumen but some other brand of 5W LED is 120 Lumen?
    Is there any tech details behind each light that cause this different in strength?
    The 5W Luxeon can output UP TO 120 lumens. It depends on how efficiently it's driven, what convertor board is used & power source, ie. 3V, 6V, etc. There may eb other factors involved too. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

know nothing much about torch light...

just need to get one for travelling.

hope u dun mind a newbie question : does any of those good torchlight use AA battery instead of CR123 ??

Default eastgear torchlight

Hi anyone...

Eastgear is selling some torchlight.
    There's one using CR123, is it any good? only $25!

This light appears to be similar to the Inova X5 but not sure how it performs. I'm also curious.

Greetings to all the torchlight enthusiasts,

This thread was really an eye opener. When it first started I read the first 2 pages and stopped reading it. Recently realised that there has been Buy & Sell activities on torchlights happenning right within this thread.

Please note that CS is a photography forum and we have set a rule that only buy/sell ads/activities of photography related items are allowed here. As such, I have gone through the entire thread and deleted all the buy/sell posts.

Please refrain from posting further buy/sell ads in this thread. By now you should have a good idea of who are the torchlight hobbyists here in CS, so please contact each other through PM if the discussion is buy/sell related.

Thank you for your understanding.

Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by egg
    Just like to guage the response - would anyone be interested in joining in a MO for the ARC AAA ?
    currently, it's US$25 per pc, so perhaps add another US$3-4 for shipping and handling.
    If anyone is interested in getting one (I know Zooz will be), drop me a PM and if there are enough response, I'll consider doing a MO direct from ARC maybe now or later in the year where there's usually a end-of-year sale.

cheers

egg
    With respect to CS buy/sell guidelines, I would suggest that you conduct your MO through PM or create another online discussion group (such as Yahoo) to administer this.

Thanks!

Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    With respect to CS buy/sell guidelines, I would suggest that you conduct your MO through PM or create another online discussion group (such as Yahoo) to administer this.

Thanks!

Roy

OH OH. MAh Ta la loh.... (Police Raid)

I guess this will be the end of the thread? cos most of the member into Flashlights are constantly looking forward to get new stuffs together...

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer
    Hi anyone...

Eastgear is selling some torchlight.
    There's one using CR123, is it any good? only $25!
    The one in East Gear is made in China. Not that Chinese made products are no good. Streamlights (reputable in USA) is made in China too. Problems with Chinese manufactured products are they usually do not perform up to specification and usually are of poor quality, but if they OEM for another company under proper supervision then the quality would be a lot better. For a start, the ones in East Gear are OK but if you really want a better performing one with hard anodized body and nice flood with brightness unthinkable then be prepared to pay hundreds for either an Arc light, Surefire, Pelican, HDS, or some custom made lights using either Luxeon LEDs by Lumileds or some high powered Xenon bulb using reflectors placed so precisely there is no shadow in the beam.

OK Roy. You missed one so i deleted it myself. I thought torchlights are photography-related what. It can be used as lighting source (eg. light-painting) & also to aid night photography work right?

So anyone interested in buying torchlights please PM me .

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    know nothing much about torch light...

just need to get one for travelling.

hope u dun mind a newbie question : does any of those good torchlight use AA battery instead of CR123 ??

Yes there are like the newly released Streamlight Jr. Luxeon.

http://www.streamlight.com/jr_lux_all.htm

Streamlight Jr.® Luxeon®
    Battery Two AA alkaline
    Lamp One (1) watt Luxeon Star 50,000 hour LED
    Material Machined aluminum with anodized finish; shock and water resistant
    Color Black
    Weight
    (with batteries) 3.8 ounces
    Length 6.5 inches
    Run Time

Over one (1) hour
    Power 30 lumens
    Special Features Push-button tailcap switch, pocket clip

Read the review here. Rated 4.5/5 stars.

Please PM me if you are interested
    Last edited by cyrilng; 6th July 2004 at 12:49 PM.

OK Roy. You missed one so i deleted it myself. I thought torchlights are photography-related what. It can be used as lighting source (eg. light-painting) & also to aid night photography work right?

So anyone interested in buying torchlights please PM me .
    YES Flashlight are photography equipments to me.

I use it to shine on my object whenever I take night shots of my family (in the dark) standing in front and buildings and landscape.

Most of the digicams does not come with any AF assist lamp/light. Therefore the cam can't focus. So the only thing I can do is to shine a light on my family, Focus, off the light then shot.

So is Flashlight a Good photography? IT certainly is to me. How about u guys?

How does the mod define photography equipments? Equipments or stuff sold in a Photography shop or Equipments that aid a photographer in his/her photoshots? So is a Dry cabinet a Photography equipment?

We have been through this before.

We consider a piece of equipment photography related when it is main function (>50% of the time) is related to photography.

Like Darren said, if we don't draw the line clearly then someone will soon sell cars on CS because cars roo can be related to photography. For example, you can transport your photography equipment in a car, or you can use it as a prop if you want to take your own race queen photos.

Some people use mahjong lamps as light source for still life photography that does not mean that a mahjong lamp is a piece of photographic equipment.

How about selling bikini because they are worn by models for studio shoots?

- Roy
    Last edited by roygoh; 6th July 2004 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roygoh
    How about selling bikini because they are worn by models for studio shoots?
    - Roy
    Hey Roy, is that bikini brand new ? used ? or ..... fresh from the studio shoots