Page 19 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9141718192021242944 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by csk
    The XM2 is very bright indeed and worth the cost.

However, its appearance/finishing cannot be compare to the more expensive Surefire M2 or G2Z. Especially the light bulb rim area and the tailcap button; both of which appears to be make of low quality plastic.

But torch is brighter; like a camera flash. I have no regrets.

By the way, which model are u refering ?
    "a modded one using a LuxIII by LED_As_Small_as_Possible" ?

Regards & Tks again
    Hi CSK - I'm also glad that you're happy with the XM-2.
    At US$49.99 for a 3W light, guess it cannot be compared to a SureFire, which is Hard Anodised III and would cost several times more. You are also right to point out that the 2 'weakest' and cheapest looking parts are the front lens and rear tail switch - but at least the rest of the body is of acceptable standard and more importantly, the light is bright

The other light I'm referring to is a specially modified ARC AAA whereby the original 5mm LED has been replaced by a LuxIII LED and driven by a higher current flow. I ordered one from LED_mods_As_Small_As_Possible, who's in Canada for US$77 (inclusive of shipping). I now have it attached to my bunch of keys and find it very handy since the ARC AAA is so compact and runs on a single AAA batt.

cheers

egg

Just return from Tokyo

Found a lot of shops selling Surefire and many other brands of lights.

It seems that the market is much bigger there as all the models can be found easily in Tokyo and these shops are every where.

Theres an LED Surefire KL5 which is for sale for only S$288.
    Just wish to find out is it expensive?

$288 ? cost more than supremeco's MSRP of US$156. Have you check with Sheares ? see how much they are selling... or get the KL5 from Andy ;P see whether he wants to sell or not

OK guys, JSBurly's rechargeable RC123 Lithium-Ion batteries & charger sets are now availbale for pre-order here - http://jsburlys.com/shop/index.php?cPath=25

IMPT. Please read the notes & thread here http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubb...=&fpart=1&vc=1 on what you can & can't use them with. Presently, it is also not known if the charger will be multi-voltage or not.
    Last edited by cyrilng; 29th May 2004 at 11:33 AM.

Hey guys, got someone looking for a Pelican M6 LED. Who can tell me what's the best price to be got & where from? thanks.

Hi Egg..thanks for the XM2...thoroughly impressed with its throw and brightness...for its price
    Having fun with it
    ...and of course not so well made but i m not complaining.....definitely worth collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Hey guys, got someone looking for a Pelican M6 LED. Who can tell me what's the best price to be got & where from? thanks.
    If the guys is willing to buy from the net, this is the place.
    http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm
    Got my PM6 LED from there.... add another US$8 for global priority shipping.

Locally, I've been offered $140 from a shop opposite Beach Rd food court. Not sure about Shearess.

Quote Originally Posted by widget
    If the guys is willing to buy from the net, this is the place.
    http://www.batterystation.com/cpf.htm
    Got my PM6 LED from there.... add another US$8 for global priority shipping.

Locally, I've been offered $140 from a shop opposite Beach Rd food court. Not sure about Shearess.
    haha, I thot my eyes were playing tricks with me when I saw US$7 change to US$8 the next moment..

Default Xm2

Quote Originally Posted by fantom
    Hi Egg..thanks for the XM2...thoroughly impressed with its throw and brightness...for its price
    Having fun with it
    ...and of course not so well made but i m not complaining.....definitely worth collecting.
    Hi Fantom - nice meeting you. Glad you like ur XM2, that makes it 4 out of 4...4 buyers n 4 happy owners

wishing u happy shooting

think caseytan was looking for pple to buy pelican m6 led with too... u$45 + u$8 for pm6 led is cheap man..

any1 interested in getting a modded arc aaa? v v bright
    details must let me go n dig out fr cpf first..

Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    think caseytan was looking for pple to buy pelican m6 led with too... u$45 + u$8 for pm6 led is cheap man..

any1 interested in getting a modded arc aaa? v v bright
    details must let me go n dig out fr cpf first..

So fast selling ah? is it the one witth the LS head by d'mo or LEDSASAP?

huh? no lah i hafn't bought it yet lah.
    by LEDASAP

hehe, cyril already pm-ed me about it

modded arcAAA ? dont think the runtime is that great, anyway, size does not matter to me since i carry e2e & x5t in my pocket everyday

Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    huh? no lah i hafn't bought it yet lah.
    by LEDASAP

Please clear your PM. Got something for you

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan

modded arcAAA ? dont think the runtime is that great, anyway, size does not matter to me since i carry e2e & x5t in my pocket everyday

You must have big pockets! Er, how do you sit down? Do you get funny looks with all those bulges?

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    You must have big pockets! Er, how do you sit down? Do you get funny looks with all those bulges?
    er.... why do i keep getting this question whenever i mention i carry two lights in my pocket ?

fyi, besides the two lights, i have my mobile phone in the same pocket as well... and no, it does not bulge !

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan

I'm using a modded ARC AAA by LED_ASAP running on a rechargeable Sanyo 800mAh batt - getting about 1 hr of run time. In normal day to day use ie shine around the house when coming back at night, the single batt lasts around 10 days and since it's rechargeable, $$ is not a big issue unlike regular CR123s.
    What I really like about this little modded ARC is that it really rocks..for a tiny ARC, the light is bright and white

Quote Originally Posted by egg
    I'm using a modded ARC AAA by LED_ASAP running on a rechargeable Sanyo 800mAh batt - getting about 1 hr of run time. In normal day to day use ie shine around the house when coming back at night, the single batt lasts around 10 days and since it's rechargeable, $$ is not a big issue unlike regular CR123s.
    What I really like about this little modded ARC is that it really rocks..for a tiny ARC, the light is bright and white

Yup, mine on Jets22 n-cell Arc mod body does too although the n-cell alkaline will have a shorter run time of course. Haven't tried it with the 500 mAh rechargeable n-size NiMh though 'cos haven't received it yet.

Got the batteries now but got to figure how to charge them.
    Last edited by cyrilng; 3rd June 2004 at 06:11 PM.

cyril... no contra... i dont want nuwai, just want to take a look...

since u're like that... nvm lor... i sell your Pelican M6 LED to somebody else lorrrrrrrrrrrrrr

btw, it should be arriving this week

cyrilng, oso interested to see ur nuwai but may not buy leh..