Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by Jazer
    so shears is ripping me off ? hmmm.. thanks for the headsup! How long does shipping take. After looking at the pelican .. now i feel like getting the surefire ones .. drooll..
    May i know how much is Shear trying to sell you the Pelican M6 LED?

Ahhh fellow FDS!!! which yr were you from?

Quote Originally Posted by pcwe68
    Nowdays don't play anymore, I used to play it because I was a RP in during my army days in Paya Lebar Airport, we carry our own torch (so can blind people-"intruders") - not those army angle torch. And because we do 24 hour shift, so was on duty during the 12mn-4pm hours and nothing to do and since its airbase its quite dark and flat, so we can play with torch. like you say like light sabre. and since we are RP, we can shine at anything we want - controll tower etc of course when there are no more flights.

Nowadays , happen to be interested again more for photography lah (which is not the purpose of this thread)

Quote Originally Posted by widget
    Just received this today

Inova X5T HA, military specs, i.e. non-marking and comes in plastic box. Colour is a bit dull, not as nice as the E2e HA.

Now, I have a floodlight already. My next target is a single-cell flashlight.
    This hobby is really addictive.
    Can you advice me on where to buy the X5T HA?

I have found a website www.countycomm.com but they do not do international orders.

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    May i know how much is Shear trying to sell you the Pelican M6 LED?
    S$150 dude. U got a better offer locally?

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    up to you bro :P just that PM6 LED is cheaper than surefire L4 :P by around US$100+ ?
    Yeah, that does equal alot of $$ ! Oh behold us gadget geeks , sush pleasure we deraive from things that are hard cool and shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Jazer
    S$150 dude. U got a better offer locally?
    There's a shop opposite Golden Mile FC (same row as the Post Office) that sells M6 LED for $140+. Maybe you can get a few dollars off the price?

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Can you advice me on where to buy the X5T HA?

I have found a website www.countycomm.com but they do not do international orders.
    I ordered mine from http://broadarrow.net/lights.htm
    More expensive than countycomm but they do ship to Singapore for US$7.

cheers,

New family photo

The E2e HA is almost "greenish" in colour, whereas the Inova HA looks a bit darker. The Inova looks and feels like it is coated in wax, whereas the E2e has a shinier and smoother finish.
    Just my observations.

New family photo

The E2e HA is almost "greenish" in colour, whereas the Inova HA looks a bit darker. The Inova looks and feels like it is coated in wax, whereas the E2e has a shinier and smoother finish.
    Just my observations.
    Can I tempt you with E2e's little brother to add your family?

Wow, didn't realise the Inova was so big.

inova not that big, almost same as e2e, only slightly bigger ;P

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    inova not that big, almost same as e2e, only slightly bigger ;P

Er, to me that's big. I like my lights small & powerful!

Hey Guys..
    I'm looking for a relatively small and powerful torchlight. Which one to go for? I need a bright and powerful bright light and also the shining distant.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Can I tempt you with E2e's little brother to add your family?

Wow, didn't realise the Inova was so big.
    Thanks for your "offer"
    But my next target will either be ARC LS or Longbow Micra...
    I want to cover different brands....

Quote Originally Posted by BluesJr
    Hey Guys..
    I'm looking for a relatively small and powerful torchlight. Which one to go for? I need a bright and powerful bright light and also the shining distant.
    Unfortunately physics are always against us...

Small, powerful, has good throw (shinning a bright spot for long distance) and long battery life, is never used together in the same sentence to describe a torch.

What size are you talking about? What are your requirements? Battery life?

Thanks for your "offer"
    But my next target will either be ARC LS or Longbow Micra...
    I want to cover different brands....
    No problem. Try to go for an Arc4+ too.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesJr
    Hey Guys..
    Please check PM

Quote Originally Posted by egg
    Hi People
    by some unfortunate typo accident, I ordered 3 extra pcs of the ELEKTRO LUMENS XM2 so if anyone is interested in getting one, drop me a PM. Selling them for the price I'm paying : US$49.99 + US$5 for shipping.

They will be shipped in 3rd week of Mar 04, and once shipping starts the intro price of US$49.99 will end and they will be sold for US$59.99.

more info can be found here :

http://elektrolumens.com/4_SALE/For_Sale.html

regards

egg
    First Impressions of Eletkro Lumens XM-2

Finally after many months of waiting, the Electro Lumens XM-2 arrived in the post. First impressions were positive Ė itís about Ĺ inch shorter than the Pelican M6 LED but weighs about the same, a little hefty by some standards but itís got a good feel and balance. Finish wise Ė itís about the same the Pelican M6, not HA III like Surefires but the anodizing is quite acceptable except that some sharp edges eg on the Hex anti-roll will be prone to wearing off first.

One thing that has bugged most people about the XM-2 is the switch Ė all have complained that it is the weakest link in an otherwise good product. However, with some simple modding tips gleaned from CPF, the switch on my XM-2 now works as it should but I much prefer the clickie switch of the PM6, the XM-2 tail switch feels rather cheap in comparison.

Another aspect that is not really up to mark is the lens which is plastic and cannot be replaced though some have just poped theirs out.

The beam of my XM-2 can be described as slightly warm white Ė which is actually more useable at night. Others have reported getting really white beams. Compared to the PM6 LED, the XM-2 is brighter and throws further, even though it uses an optic instead of a reflector. Quite impressive.

Conclusion
    Overall, Iím happy with the XM-2 and it will replace my PM6 LED as everyday use given itís more compact size, brightness and throw. At itís pre-launch price of US$49.99, I would consider it good value as well. (the price of the XM-2 is now US$59) The holster that came with the XM-2 is nothing to shout about (being made of lightweight cordura) but it gets the job done and allows you to carry the XM-2 on a variety of belt widths. I actually like it better than the PM6ís holster for its rugged looks.

For the Guys who have ordered one (Zooz, CSK, Fantom), I'll be contacting you to arrange to meet for collection. Your switches have also been fixed

Cheers

Juz collected my XM2.. boy, it is BRIGHT!

Thx, Egg!

Default Xm-2

Quote Originally Posted by zooz
    Juz collected my XM2.. boy, it is BRIGHT!

Thx, Egg!
    Hi Zooz - glad you like ur XM-2.
    As for the ARC AAA, recommend you save up for a modded one using a LuxIII by LED_As_Small_as_Possible, it's really quite amazing how bright it is.
    A bit expensive but worth every $$.

Default Tks EGG for the XM2

The XM2 is very bright indeed and worth the cost.

However, its appearance/finishing cannot be compare to the more expensive Surefire M2 or G2Z. Especially the light bulb rim area and the tailcap button; both of which appears to be make of low quality plastic.

But torch is brighter; like a camera flash. I have no regrets.

By the way, which model are u refering ?
    "a modded one using a LuxIII by LED_As_Small_as_Possible" ?

Regards & Tks again