Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 7121516171819222742 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

As long as you are willing to meet me Casey. As long as you can meet you will get to play with my KL5. Now awaiting your call.

Andy Ho

no worries mate

I own a E2e, find it small enough to carry and looks cool G2 is cheaper and brighter, but should be more useful as a emergency light in your car. G2 has lexan lens, and not Pyrex like some other models. Anyway you can replace it with a glass lens from flashlightlens.com

You are correct, L4 is basically a E2e body with a LED head.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    As long as you are willing to meet me Casey. As long as you can meet you will get to play with my KL5. Now awaiting your call.

Andy Ho
    willing to meet lar... just don't give me last minute notice can liao :P

got a problem with my tigerlight charger, the red led on the charging stand doesn't light up when i mount the light, need to sort it out first before i can really start playing with the light

maybe i can meet up with cyrilng first since he's only 10-15 mins walk away from me Hey cyril, wanna meet up and play with our lights ?
    Last edited by caseytan; 14th May 2004 at 10:37 AM.

Hi to all,

When I was in Borneo with Joe and Mary Ann McDonald, Joe introduced me to the interesting and very exciting world of photographing nature subjects at night. Joe’s light (I don’t think it was a Sure Fire) was bright as compared to my Mag penlight! Back in Singapore, I came to find out that some of my friends are into owling (taking pictures of owls in the night).

In preparation for these night activities, I purchased a Sure Fire 8NX Commander last evening.

Saw these interesting thread on touch light and decided to log in and say “Hello!”

When time and opportunities permit, I looked forward to join you in some of your touch light field trips.

Best regards.

woah! welcome to the surefire family!

Quote Originally Posted by skfoo
    Hi to all,

In preparation for these night activities, I purchased a Sure Fire 8NX Commander last evening.
    surefire is addictive. Once you own one, you will want more

8NX only has a runtime of 50 minutes, better get a extra rechargeable batt for backup

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by skfoo
    Back in Singapore, I came to find out that some of my friends are into owling
    Cool! Every time there is a full moon I start growing a lot of fur and I go 'owling as well. Only trouble is that when you 'owl for long enough all the doggies in the neighbourhood start 'owling with you

I didn't know there were any werewolves in Singapore?

Hehe, back OT ... where did you get your 8NX from?
    Last edited by Amfibius; 14th May 2004 at 01:20 PM.

Default DUMB Question

After reading all this I'm even more blur now as to what to get. Any advice out there?

Basically i had a humble maglight ( 2xAA ) , but the battery rotted inside ( silly me i forgot to take it out after coming down from Mt KK ) So i need another torch-light that Relatively Small and compact. Under $80.

I was thinking of some of the newer LED , but i want something cool and special and compact. any suggestions from this powerhouse club?

jazer,

how bout a pelican m6 lithium ~ S$70 (~1 hr runtime), or pelican m6 led ~ $100 (~ 2 hr runtime).

both are under S$100, of course, beam quality might not be as good as a surefire incandescent, but its cheaper, led quality are quite good too. runs on two CR123s. But its bigger than Surefire E2e (refer to widget's picture).

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    jazer,

how bout a pelican m6 lithium ~ S$70 (~1 hr runtime), or pelican m6 led ~ $100 (~ 2 hr runtime).

both are under S$100, of course, beam quality might not be as good as a surefire incandescent, but its cheaper, led quality are quite good too. runs on two CR123s. But its bigger than Surefire E2e (refer to widget's picture).
    OMG , that's almost cryptic to me .. CR123s?
    Sorry mate, but i'm a totally doodoo on this. Er i'll go do a search on this but thanks for the advice.

Hey i just checked with SHEARS , and they qouted me $150 for the pelican M6 LED.. justified?
    Last edited by Jazer; 14th May 2004 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazer
    Sorry mate, but i'm a totally doodoo on this. Er i'll go do a search on this but thanks for the advice.

Er .. can i get this locally?
    CR123s are those 3Volt batteries that you use in film Cameras such as EOS 30 etc etc costs S$3 each @ Eastgear

ordering Pelican M6 from the US is cheaper than getting it locally. But recently the US exchange rate has went up, will cost few bucks more than before.

Hey i just checked with SHEARS , and they qouted me $150 for the pelican M6 LED.. justified?
    Hi Jazer,
    You can buy the Pelican M6 LED from www.batterystation.com for US$45 + US$8 (shipping charge), which is ard S$90+ if you're a member of CandlePowerForum or US$55 for normal order.

The only torchlight (other than mags ) that I purchased locally is the E2E from Sheares.

Just received this today

Inova X5T HA, military specs, i.e. non-marking and comes in plastic box. Colour is a bit dull, not as nice as the E2e HA.

Now, I have a floodlight already. My next target is a single-cell flashlight.
    This hobby is really addictive.

nice one, i bought the same light too

Quote Originally Posted by widget
    Hi Jazer,
    You can buy the Pelican M6 LED from www.batterystation.com for US$45 + US$8 (shipping charge), which is ard S$90+ if you're a member of CandlePowerForum or US$55 for normal order.

The only torchlight (other than mags ) that I purchased locally is the E2E from Sheares.
    so shears is ripping me off ? hmmm.. thanks for the headsup! How long does shipping take. After looking at the pelican .. now i feel like getting the surefire ones .. drooll..

so shears is ripping me off ? hmmm.. thanks for the headsup! How long does shipping take. After looking at the pelican .. now i feel like getting the surefire ones .. drooll..
    Shipping normally takes 5-7 days IIRC. If you want it, i can organise a group buy for those who's interested and you guys can save few bucks on shipping.

well, not say ripping, the official list price is much more higher over here. If you compare local surefire prices to US/HK ones, you will find that it's more expensive over here. Getting from oversea will be cheaper, but you will have the risk of a lost package or a defect product.

Shipping normally takes 5-7 days IIRC. If you want it, i can organise a group buy for those who's interested and you guys can save few bucks on shipping.

well, not say ripping, the official list price is much more higher over here. If you compare local surefire prices to US/HK ones, you will find that it's more expensive over here. Getting from oversea will be cheaper, but you will have the risk of a lost package or a defect product.
    shipping risk ... but does that usually happen?

if you're really bad luck ;P so far i have received two shipment from US, so far so good.

if you're really bad luck ;P so far i have received two shipment from US, so far so good.
    Thanks mate.. so u rekon i should go for the M6 Led , looks cool .. but the sure fire one .. aww man .. i'm droooling and its so compact

Thanks mate.. so u rekon i should go for the M6 Led , looks cool .. but the sure fire one .. aww man .. i'm droooling and its so compact
    up to you bro :P just that PM6 LED is cheaper than surefire L4 :P by around US$100+ ?