Page 16 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    congrats cyril, you are now officially a flashaholic.
    aaaaaaaargh, noooooo

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    aaaaaaaargh, noooooo
    come come, leave the dark side and become a true jedi warrior

first of all you need to get yourself a surefire lightsabre first

Hahahaa... agree agree..

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Yup, planning to get someone to help me do the Kroll mod. Also, saving up for a SureFire L2 Digital LumaMax when it comes out. My ideal EDC must be a 2x123 or 1x123 hybrid hi-lo LED/LED or Xenon/LED with tactical tailcap switch with at leat 50-60 lumens on hi-mode (I know the SF A2 fits the bill but hoping the L2 will be slighly cheaper & more rugged with all LEDs). Also, looking at the FireFly Rev.2 or Arc 4+ Premium (as you can see I'm well & truly hooked already! )
    yap, this flashlight collecting can be addictive - must thank Andy for starting the tread and getting us hooked..
    the only person who isn't impressed is the wife..

yap..the FireFly Rev.2 and the ARC4 are quite attractive..would also like to get the ARC4 but have already placed an order for one FireFly and one MrBulk VIP and have run out of funds..

perhaps when mid year bonus arrives (if it comes at all) will be able to afford ARC4..

Eh...Any update on the pila batteries....? Would like to know pricing as well.

Nikonian, Cyril, PM Sent

so fast want to sell them ?

got a new addition to my collection, a used-Tigerlight, damn bright

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    so fast want to sell them ?

got a new addition to my collection, a used-Tigerlight, damn bright
    Looking to get some new, brighter ones.

This is sure a nice hobby. Currently waiting for Inova X5T to arrive.
    My next target could either be a single cell ARC or a Longbow for EDC.

Ignore the 2 Mags in the photo. They are there to guard the 2 crown jewels.

Hmm, no blackout in my area yet.

Errrrr..... I am sorry... or should I say I am happy I got you guys hooked onto this hobby?? You may be happy going into it but the day you pick up this hobby is the day where money will start flying out of ya pocket...muahahahahaha....

It is such a wonderful hobby to be in. At least it is much more worth it than collecting digital camera. You know that no matter how old fashion your flashlight is it still serve it's purpose. The thought of converting your house into a flashlight storage makes you sweat eh???

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by widget
    This is sure a nice hobby. Currently waiting for Inova X5T to arrive.
    My next target could either be a single cell ARC or a Longbow for EDC.

Ignore the 2 Mags in the photo. They are there to guard the 2 crown jewels.

Hmm, no blackout in my area yet.
    I want you guys who have not owned a Surefire before to look at the photo above posted by Widget. If you think Mini Maglite is bright, wait till you hold and play with the Surefire E2e, 2nd from the left.. The E2e beats the Mini Mag hands down in terms of beam smoothness and power. At least 4 to 5 times more powerful than a Mini Maglite on the far right.

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    I want you guys who have not owned a Surefire before to look at the photo above posted by Widget. If you think Mini Maglite is bright, wait till you hold and play with the Surefire E2e, 2nd from the left.. The E2e beats the Mini Mag hands down in terms of beam smoothness and power. At least 4 to 5 times more powerful than a Mini Maglite on the far right.

Andy Ho
    Hi Andy,

I think I still haven't thanked you for introducing the Clubsnappers to this new hobby.
    Before this, I thought Maglites rules, especially the fierce looking 6-D cells torch.
    Once I found out about Surefire, and seen how nice their beams are... no more Mags for me... I just realised how dim and crude Mags beams are...

It is my greatest pleasure!!!

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Errrrr..... I am sorry... or should I say I am happy I got you guys hooked onto this hobby?? You may be happy going into it but the day you pick up this hobby is the day where money will start flying out of ya pocket...muahahahahaha....

It is such a wonderful hobby to be in. At least it is much more worth it than collecting digital camera. You know that no matter how old fashion your flashlight is it still serve it's purpose. The thought of converting your house into a flashlight storage makes you sweat eh???

Andy Ho

haha, you're damn right! Saw your name on the waiting list at Sheares for the new SFs too!

Anyway, these are the pride of my current line up (excluded the other misc. Legend, MiniMags, etc lying around) & also my ex-EDC now on its way to Buenos Aires, Argentina. It will soon be replaced my a souped up version.

(left-Arc4+Rev.2S, center-SureFire A2-HA-WH, right-Xenergy AL-606)
    (center & right torches are for sale )

Arc-AAA LE

Deregistered

I just returned from a trip in Margaret River with my brand new L4 LumaMax! I visited some caves there - it was great. This little LED torch wasn't as bright as the 4 D-cell Maglite the tour guide was using, but it was a LOT more compact.

I am now considering my next torchlight purchase I was thinking of the M6 Millenium (US$392!). What do you guys think?

You won't be wrong getting the M6. The only thing you did wrong is burn a big hole in your pocket.

But be advised, the M6 is a darn bright light but the battery usage is scary too. It suck up your 6 pcs CR123 batteries in 20mins if you use the 500 lumens bulb. You should only use it for shot burst when more power is needed.

Andy Ho

SUREFIRE SUREFIRE!

m6?! ouch.. that's one hot light! literally! powerful!

ooh.. the arc aaa... yummy.. love that little fella!

Quote Originally Posted by Amfibius
    I just returned from a trip in Margaret River with my brand new L4 LumaMax! I visited some caves there - it was great. This little LED torch wasn't as bright as the 4 D-cell Maglite the tour guide was using, but it was a LOT more compact.

I am now considering my next torchlight purchase I was thinking of the M6 Millenium (US$392!). What do you guys think?
    there's a HK member in CandlePowerForums selling a M6 for US$350 including shipping, should be a slightly cheaper compared to getting direct from US, and definitely cheaper than getting in Oz if you want, search for maverick in the B/S/T forums in CPF

buy buy buy

hey andy, i haven't played with your KL5 yet :P maybe we should meet up and let me play with it

Deregistered

Wow caseytan thanks for the heads-up. I'll definitely contact him. Only trouble is that i'm in the process of SAVING for it. I can afford anything ... only question is how many years / centuries I want to save for

Why do so many of you have the Surefire E2e? The G2 is cheaper and brighter. Also, if i'm not mistaken, my LumaMax L4 is an E2e but with an LED head, is that correct?