Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    how was the shipping charge for vPOSTUSA ?

surefire L2 is not released yet IIRC, you can check the price and pic @ http://www.surefire.com.hk

Check it out here - http://www.vpostusa.com/

yup, registered a account, but seems like the charges are quite high.

If the dealer are willing to use Global Priority envelope, it only costs US$5 for a small one, and US$9 for a bigger one. A lot cheaper. downside is that not insured and might get lost. But so far from what i have read, global priority envelope usually arrives safely.
    Last edited by caseytan; 23rd April 2004 at 03:35 PM.

yup, registered a account, but seems like the charges are quite high.

If the dealer are willing to use Global Priority envelope, it only costs US$5 for a small one, and US$9 for a bigger one. A lot cheaper. downside is that not insured and might get lost. But so far from what i have read, global priority envelope usually arrives safely.
    It may not be cheaper in some cases unless there's free shipping within USA option for the online store that you are ordering from & also depends on the weight/type of item ordered.

VPostUSA is specifically for US online stores that don't ship to SG but accept credit card orders with shipping address different from billing address.

so how do you find your twintask 1L ? bright enough for normal use ?

so how do you find your twintask 1L ? bright enough for normal use ?
    Yeah it was but the beam quality can't match SureFire's & didn't like the rubber button switch also so decided to sell it off as I no longer have to serve the nation But now itchy to get a more powerful torch than my Arc AAA LE to play with.

Prefer one that has hi-lo modes (at least 60 lumens on hi), LED & compact, single or dual CR123A. The SureFire L2 looks good but price is a bit high.

Oh, yeah, for the G2 Nitrolon, it says 'depending on which lamp assembly is used', so which one does it come with - the 65 or 120 lumens one or both?
    Last edited by cyrilng; 23rd April 2004 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrilng
    Yeah it was but the beam quality can't match SureFire's & didn't like the rubber button switch also so decided to sell it off as I no longer have to serve the nation But now itchy to get a more powerful torch than my Arc AAA LE to play with.

Prefer one that has hi-lo modes (at least 60 lumens on hi), LED & compact, single or dual CR123A. The SureFire L2 looks good but price is a bit high.

Oh, yeah, for the G2 Nitrolon, it says 'depending on which lamp assembly is used', so which one does it come with - the 65 or 120 lumens one or both?
    for G2, it comes with a 65 lumes lamp assembly (P60), you will need to buy the high output lamp assembly (P61) to get 120 lumes, but only runs for 20 mins on P61. And only one assembly at a time

I'm planning to bring in a few Pelican M6 LED, you interested ?

for G2, it comes with a 65 lumes lamp assembly (P60), you will need to buy the high output lamp assembly (P61) to get 120 lumes, but only runs for 20 mins on P61. And only one assembly at a time

I'm planning to bring in a few Pelican M6 LED, you interested ?
    Thanks for the info.

I handled the M6 but find it a bit heavy. What's it rated lumen output? Does it meet the criteria I mentioned above? How much will it be anyway?
    Last edited by cyrilng; 23rd April 2004 at 08:42 PM.

cyrilng, pm-ed you

cyrilng, pm-ed you

Thanks, replied.

Btw, anyone have any feedback on Pila torchlights? http://www.pilatorch.com/index.html Seems to be made in Hong Kong but has some following & fairly good reviews for the GL3 at CPF. I'm looking at the GL2 in particular - http://www.pilatorch.com/products_gl2.htm

Also btw, you flashaholics should really consider investing in Plia Li-on rechargeable batteries as an alternative to the CR123As - http://flashlightreviews3.home.att.n..._168s_150s.htm
    http://jsburlys.com/shop/index.php?cPath=22
    Last edited by cyrilng; 24th April 2004 at 01:46 AM.

no idea on its quality, think Pila is more popular in their rechargeables batt than its torches

Hi Cyriling,

Sorry I was busy doing a shoot last night and was doing editing late till 5am this morning so my replly came in late.

Pila torches are ok but many prefer to just buy Surefire flashlights and use Pila batts to run. On some models you have to change the original bulb or lamp assembly to run with Pila batts. I still prefer to use CR123 lithiums instead of rechargeables. It's just my preference.

G2 Nitrolon comes with a P60 65 lumens lamp assembly and you can change to a P61 120 lumens lamp assembly. But be warned, the P61 is extremely hot and might melt the Lexan (plastic) lens covering the front of your G2 if you forgot to switch it off. I have a Surefire G2Z Nitrolon fitted with a P61 120 lumens lamp and it is ok because the G2Z has a Pyrex lens which is glass and is highly resistant to scratch and heat. Overall, the G2 is a very decent torch for it's size, power, and price.

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Hi Cyriling,

Sorry I was busy doing a shoot last night and was doing editing late till 5am this morning so my replly came in late.

Pila torches are ok but many prefer to just buy Surefire flashlights and use Pila batts to run. On some models you have to change the original bulb or lamp assembly to run with Pila batts. I still prefer to use CR123 lithiums instead of rechargeables. It's just my preference.

G2 Nitrolon comes with a P60 65 lumens lamp assembly and you can change to a P61 120 lumens lamp assembly. But be warned, the P61 is extremely hot and might melt the Lexan (plastic) lens covering the front of your G2 if you forgot to switch it off. I have a Surefire G2Z Nitrolon fitted with a P61 120 lumens lamp and it is ok because the G2Z has a Pyrex lens which is glass and is highly resistant to scratch and heat. Overall, the G2 is a very decent torch for it's size, power, and price.

Andy Ho

Hi Andy,

Thanks for replying. Glad to hear that your life isn't all focussed on torchlights only, haha.

Looks like the L2 LumaMax best fits what I would ideally look for in a EDC torch (except for the price..). Supremco prices it 'lower' now at US$148 http://www.supremeco.com.hk/catalog/...oducts_id=2239 Wonder when it'll be out here. Let me know via PM if you have any heads up on this from Sheares.

No problem with that. Will keep you posted.

Andy Ho

Just in case any one is interested in Pila torches & rechargeable Li-On batteries, here's some info -

Dear Mr. Ng,

We thank you for your email of yesterday and for your interest in our Pila
    flashlights and accessories. We have also forwarded your email to Erez Pte
    Ltd., our distributor in Singapore, they will be glad to answer and discuss
    your inquiry.

Contact address:-

Erez Pte Ltd.
    545 Orchard Raod #13-02
    Far East Shopping Centre,
    Singapore 238882

Tel: 65-6297 9881 Fax: 65-6297 8891
    E-mail: erez@pacific.net.sg

Attn: Mr. Erez Yarden, Managing Director

Best regards,
    Jennifer Wong

Permalight(Asia)Co. Ltd.
    4/F Waga Commercial Centre,
    99 Wellignton Street, Central,
    Hong Kong

Tel: (852)-2815-0616
    Fax: (852)-2542-3269
    Email: pila@netvigator.com
    Web Site: www.pilatorch.com

tks for sharing, please do let us know when they send you the prices for Pila rechargeables and torches

tks for sharing, please do let us know when they send you the prices for Pila rechargeables and torches
    Will do that as I've emailed Erez already.

Btw, I ordered a XenErgy 3in1 as it's on offer now Might get a CPFer to mod a Kroll tailswitch (anyone here in SG can do it? )-
    http://www.shoplifestyle.com/store/p...9&source=ntrcs
    Last edited by cyrilng; 27th April 2004 at 03:36 PM.

I think they don't want to reveal the prices openly. I might pop by their office later this week...

Dear Mr. Cyril

Thank you very much for your email and interest in Pila flashlights! All
    the Pila flashlights available are in my office. Please feel free to
    visit and view all the flashlights. Looking forward to meeting you!
    Address and phone numbers are below. Thank you

Yarden Erez

Managing Director
    Erez Pte Ltd
    545 Orchard Road #13-02
    Far East Shopping Centre
    Singapore 238882
    Tel: (65) 6297 9881
    Fax: (65) 6297 8891

The Xnergy 3-in-1 is a versatile torch but the switch can be a bit of a nuisance, so if you can get it modded with a kroll as what McGizmo did then itíll be much more usable, the incan light is quite bright but doesnít have very good throw, however itís side spill is very good Ė lights up a wide area nicely. The discounted price is very good Ė I bought mine for US$40.

For an incan light with good throw Ė the Pelican M6 is pretty well regarded, and at US$32, itís quite cheap and spare lamps cost only US$7.
    Talking about the Pelican M6, the LED version is also very good, the one I have is very white and bright, so far from what Iíve gathered from CPF, almost all who own one like it a lot.

Another light Iím waiting for is the Electrolumens XM-2. It's not regulated but supposed to be pretty bright. Delivery has finally arrived and now pending shipment from the States Ė hopefully itíll arrive in abt 10 days time. So for Zooz, Fantom and CSK whoíve 'ordered' one, pls continue to be patient, hopefully there will not be any further delays and the light will arrive mid-May.

Quote Originally Posted by egg
    The Xnergy 3-in-1 is a versatile torch but the switch can be a bit of a nuisance, so if you can get it modded with a kroll as what McGizmo did then itíll be much more usable, the incan light is quite bright but doesnít have very good throw, however itís side spill is very good Ė lights up a wide area nicely. The discounted price is very good Ė I bought mine for US$40.

For an incan light with good throw Ė the Pelican M6 is pretty well regarded, and at US$32, itís quite cheap and spare lamps cost only US$7.
    Talking about the Pelican M6, the LED version is also very good, the one I have is very white and bright, so far from what Iíve gathered from CPF, almost all who own one like it a lot.

Another light Iím waiting for is the Electrolumens XM-2. It's not regulated but supposed to be pretty bright. Delivery has finally arrived and now pending shipment from the States Ė hopefully itíll arrive in abt 10 days time. So for Zooz, Fantom and CSK whoíve 'ordered' one, pls continue to be patient, hopefully there will not be any further delays and the light will arrive mid-May.
    Yup, planning to get someone to help me do the Kroll mod. Also, saving up for a SureFire L2 Digital LumaMax when it comes out. My ideal EDC must be a 2x123 or 1x123 hybrid hi-lo LED/LED or Xenon/LED with tactical tailcap switch with at leat 50-60 lumens on hi-mode (I know the SF A2 fits the bill but hoping the L2 will be slighly cheaper & more rugged with all LEDs). Also, looking at the FireFly Rev.2 or Arc 4+ Premium (as you can see I'm well & truly hooked already! )

congrats cyril, you are now officially a flashaholic.