Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Hi guys, so sorry...there isn't any info on LED bulbs in the site for Maglite. I thought I read it somewhere......

Andy Ho
    My CS Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonian Foo
    Hi, need help in buying torchlight from you guys...I have plenty of C size batteries at home....so I want to get a C size torchlight.At first I was thinking of Maglite but I'd like to get LED torchlight...more energy efficient...

Any to recommend? preferably in singapore......cheers!
    I called up Sheares Marketing and was told there are 2 brands you can consider. It is the Streamlight Twin Task series flashlights. There are different versions and sizes but mainly Twin Task provides user with the option of LED and Xenon incandescent in just a click of the button.

Alternatively, you can check out LiteWave for the 3000 series flashlights. The 4000 series uses size 'D' batts. I saw 2 pieces of these in Sheares Marketing but I am not sure if they are the 3000 or 4000 series. You can call them up at 63330136/7/8 or visit them at

Sheares Marketing
    43 Beach Road,
    Evershine & Century Complex.
    Singapore 189681

Good luck,

Andy Ho
    My CS Gallery

All Surefire lover,

I got news that Surefire is not manufacturing any lights for consumer in the first quarter of the 2004 as they will be concentrating productions on the new LX200 weapons light. If you are interested in Surefire's products, please wait no more or you will have to wait another 3 months.

Regards,

Andy Ho

Default "c" sized torchlight

Nikonian Foo --- U can also consider the pelican lights, the led supersabrelite/sabrelite and the non led versions use "c" cells... and thier built pelican tough with all sorts to be used in hazardous conditions ratings etc... they look quite neat too, some people may diss it claiming that the beam is too narrow, but in actual use, i find little difference between the more "flood" like lights.....

Wah...so fast...thanks for all your comments....Andy, did you call up Sheares just for me? I'm soo touched!!!

Quote Originally Posted by csk
    Hi

Is it ok to leave such high power torchlight (includes Lithium 123 batteries) in the car glove compartment under the blazing sun?

Thank u.
    csk
    If I'm not wrong, the temperature in the glove box can reach 40-50 degrees celsius. I think high power torches that uses CR123s or any other lithium batteries should be okay. Remember that nimh batteries reach around that temperature when charged in a 1 hour charger (or any other "fast" charger) too.

As for the o-ring issue, Andy has a point, but the silicon grease should hold up because if I'm not wrong, low quality o-rings will just crack regardless of silicon grease or no silicon grease. Higher quality ones should last a lot longer, but still will give way in the end. Maybe 5 years? This is from experience, so your mileage may vary.

I won't worry about the lithium batterys at all, even after 10 years in the glove box in a car under the sun everyday.

This looks like the ideal home for LED junkies.

http://www.thevospad.com/

The whole house is lit by LEDs

Wah...so fast...thanks for all your comments....Andy, did you call up Sheares just for me? I'm soo touched!!!
    Yes I did. No need to thank me. I am just helping out. It's just a call away.

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by reno77
    This looks like the ideal home for LED junkies.

http://www.thevospad.com/

The whole house is lit by LEDs
    Thanks for sharing...That is but from a designer's point of view...I recall reading somewhere in National Geographic that in Namibia or some third world country people are using LEDs to replace flourescent and tungsten lamps to ease on power consumption so as to cut cost. Though the LEDs are more expensive to acquire, they are in fact sponsored. Now if only I know where I placed that issue.....

Andy Ho

For those who's interested in Arc LSH, Arc has lowered the price for the Arc LSHs to US$99.95. Includes TSP-2AA pack and C-123 Nylon carry pouch.

http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/arcls.html

soemhow i prefer SAF L-torch

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    soemhow i prefer SAF L-torch
    I got a "Ultra Bright" LED flashlight from the hardware shop opposite Marine Parade NTUC. Its plastic, forgot how much it costs. Looks something like this

Last edited by reno77; 12th January 2004 at 01:50 PM.

hi,

Could you guys recommend a good torch for diving? mainly diving. most the the torch you guys have talked about are water proof but mostly don't state if its for diving purposes.

i was recommended this brand Longbow by one of the Dive shops, its on LED and very very bright white light.. well it cost a bomb.. well at least to me.

Thanks!

maybe you would like to check out flashlights by underwater kinetics or princeton tec, their flashlights are more meant for diving purposes.

http://www.uwkinetics.com/
    http://www.princetontec.com/

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    maybe you would like to check out flashlights by underwater kinetics or princeton tec, their flashlights are more meant for diving purposes.

http://www.uwkinetics.com/
    http://www.princetontec.com/
    hey thanks,

i have checked out these 2 brands already, and also the ikelite and pelican range, Halcyon, dive rite, etc,etc

but their very bright torches ranged from 200-1kplus

not so bright yellow beams are around 20-200 bucks.

i have seen a few divers using LED torches and damn are they bright,

so i was kinda wondering if there's other brands out there which could offer a better range then the more common dive torches, would like to keep it small yet bright.

Anybody knows the opening hours of Sheares? Guess I'll be popping down there this week...

Anybody knows the opening hours of Sheares? Guess I'll be popping down there this week...
    They are open daily from around 11am to 9pm. Person to look for is William or Jason.

Andy Ho

lovells19, can't really help as don't really know much on diving lights. Maybe you can gather more info from http://www.candlepowerforums.com, try to do a search there.

Hi guys,

there is something you might be interested to know. I was surfing in CandlePowerForums and came across this site Hyper-Lux V Flashlights by TNC. A look in their web site looks very promising. If their claims about a 5 watt Luxeon V LEDs running at 120 lumens is true, why bother to purchase the Surefire L4, L5, & L6? The only reason to go for Surefire then would only be the looks and built that's all.

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19
    hey thanks,

i have checked out these 2 brands already, and also the ikelite and pelican range, Halcyon, dive rite, etc,etc

but their very bright torches ranged from 200-1kplus

not so bright yellow beams are around 20-200 bucks.

i have seen a few divers using LED torches and damn are they bright,

so i was kinda wondering if there's other brands out there which could offer a better range then the more common dive torches, would like to keep it small yet bright.

How about Sea'N'Sea Marines? Have you tried them?

Andy Ho

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast