Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 691011121316213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

Dang it Andy! We must meet!! I sure would like to get my hands on the KL5, if only to fondle..... erh.. I mean test out the beam!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Dang it Andy! We must meet!! I sure would like to get my hands on the KL5, if only to fondle..... erh.. I mean test out the beam!
    Original want to buy the KL5 for my M2 too, but just found out
    KL5 for the M2 is more expensive than M2 itself,, KL5 cost $350 !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    No problem brother. When do you wanna meet?

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by morganoh
    Original want to buy the KL5 for my M2 too, but just found out
    KL5 for the M2 is more expensive than M2 itself,, KL5 cost $350 !!!!!!
    Hi Morgan,

I think you got it wrong. KL5 doesn't cost that much. I bought mine for $250. The L5 Lumamax will cost about $350.

Andy Ho

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ho
    Hi Morgan,

I think you got it wrong. KL5 doesn't cost that much. I bought mine for $250. The L5 Lumamax will cost about $350.

Andy Ho
    I got a quote thought the phone, either the sales guy heard wrongly or he is try to CHOP me...

I got a quote thought the phone, either the sales guy heard wrongly or he is try to CHOP me...
    Aiyo Morgan,

I suppose you should know that no one doing a business would quote you discounted prices over the phone right? What if a competitor calls up? It happens everywhere, Cathay Photo, Alan Photo, Max Photo, even IT stores and so on...

Sheares would quote me a high price over the phone too but when I clarify who I am then they would give me a discounted price. I suggest you make your way down there.

Andy Ho

Aiyo Morgan,

I suppose you should know that no one doing a business would quote you discounted prices over the phone right? What if a competitor calls up? It happens everywhere, Cathay Photo, Alan Photo, Max Photo, even IT stores and so on...

Sheares would quote me a high price over the phone too but when I clarify who I am then they would give me a discounted price. I suggest you make your way down there.

Andy Ho
    OK understood

As promised I have posted a quick review of the Longbow Micra but in a new thread to keep this thread cleaner.

Drop in here -
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=57661

Hi fellow CSers,

I have just acquired a new hobby, and that is playing with torch lights. It all started some time back when I was looking for owls in Pulau Ubin with a small useless mini Maglite. I next bought a 3 C cell Maglite for extra power but decided it is heavy and bulky. I then tried sourcing for some of the most powerful small size torches with high power output. I ended up initially with an Underwater Kinetics Q40 which uses 4 AAs to power. I thought that was it, but until I come across Surefire's website http://www.surefire.com that I realised what I have is peanut.

I am now a happy owner of the Surefire M2 Millennium combat light with 120 lumens light output, a Streamlight Scorpion with 60 lumens light output, and the Inova X5T LED light with about 5 lumens output.

If there is anyone in CS who is interested in torchlight (flashlight in States) hobby, please feel free to write down your experience and/or why you are into this hobby. You may feel free to PM me if you would like to arrange a trip overnight in Pulau Ubin to play torches and take photos.
    gee i guess u can make a hobby out of everything
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

maybe all potential buyers should check out the respective websites for the US prices before buying..

and you'll roughly know what are the price ranges, before asking how come this one/that one so expensive as compared to certain buyers' actual purchase price..

Default ARC LSL sale on Wed(US time)

Saw on the forum that ARC will be having a second round of LSL sale starting Wed. Let's see if got any luck this time ard.

For those interested, it's at http://store.yahoo.com/flashlight/arclsl1.html

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by cyberkinetic
    Saw on the forum that ARC will be having a second round of LSL sale starting Wed. Let's see if got any luck this time ard.

Cheers
    For those interested in Arc AAA and Arc AAA Premiums, they have them in stock now, just ordered mine yesterday, only US$12 for international shipping via FedEx

Hope no one minds me saying this but isn't that kind of low for a Surefire M2?

Alright! Confirmed order for Arc AAA and LSL... can't wait for them to arrive... was told it will be shipped on Monday, any idea how long it takes to arrive?

Cheers

Cheers

Alright! Confirmed order for Arc AAA and LSL... can't wait for them to arrive... was told it will be shipped on Monday, any idea how long it takes to arrive?

Cheers
    cyberkinetic, you will be emailed with a FedEx tracking number after the item is shippied, you can visit http://www.fedex.com or http://www.fedex.com.sg to track your shipment.

I've ordered mine on Tuesday and the package will be arriving on Friday

right now the shipment has left San Francisco CA.

You want another one?
    Nah, I just got myself a G2z Nitrolon. I thought why the hell would I buy a Nitrolon since I made it a point to collect Hard Anodized version but then it is meant for rough use. Example, if I go in-camp I don't have to worry about the sand and soil scratching my Hard Anodized touch and disfiguring it. Nitrolon plastic is very much scratch resistant. Even if scratched, it won't be so obviously bad. I had initially wanted the G2 Nitrolon that retails S$75 instead of the G2z but it is the extra lanyard, Pyrex lens, and combat grip that made me purchased the G2z.

Andy Ho
    My CS Gallery

Hi

Is it ok to leave such high power torchlight (includes Lithium 123 batteries) in the car glove compartment under the blazing sun?

Thank u.
    csk

Hi, need help in buying torchlight from you guys...I have plenty of C size batteries at home....so I want to get a C size torchlight.At first I was thinking of Maglite but I'd like to get LED torchlight...more energy efficient...

Any to recommend? preferably in singapore......cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by csk
    Hi

Is it ok to leave such high power torchlight (includes Lithium 123 batteries) in the car glove compartment under the blazing sun?

Thank u.
    csk
    Try not to.

You may shorten the lifespan of your bulb (not a documented theory, don't take my word for it). Lithium 123 batts don't contain liquid in them like alkaline batts and they have a lifespan of 10 years. They won't leak, they hold on to their power whereas alkaline deteriorate daily under intense heat. Most powerful torchlights are built to withstand heat because a flashlight can get really hot after turning it on a while if it is the powerful type.

If your flashlight is made of aluminium, you should not worry but if there is any plastic or rubber coating, it will deteriorate over time to the heat, and not forgetting the silicone grease on the rubber 'O' rings being baked by the sun over time.

Sounds contradicting? A flashlight built to withstand heat can't hold on under sun? Nobody uses a torchlight hours in a row but if your torch is in the glove compartment of your car, it may be there for hours and days.

Andy Ho
    My CS Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Nikonian Foo
    Hi, need help in buying torchlight from you guys...I have plenty of C size batteries at home....so I want to get a C size torchlight.At first I was thinking of Maglite but I'd like to get LED torchlight...more energy efficient...

Any to recommend? preferably in singapore......cheers!
    So far...not that I know of. Most LED lights are very small and compact. Most take either CR123 batts, Alkaline AA and AAA, and some uses LR44 or the likes but I don't recall seeing one made for size 'C' batts.

If I remember correctly, Maglite is manufacturing an LED head for their torch. You may want to check out Maglite for the latest products. If they really do have, you can buy the torch and change the bulb. But, support for Maglite in Singapore is still very poor. most shops carry a lot of old products and not the latest range.

Regards,

Andy Ho
    My CS Gallery

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 691011121316213661 ... LastLast