Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 58910111215203560 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 1231

Thread: Torchlight hobbyist? Anyone??

  1. #181
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    USA FarEast
    Posts
    213

    Default

    morganoh
    Paid abt $320 for the A2. It's a beautiful torch. Very impressed with build and quality of the Surefire.
    Oh just back from Sheares... got me a Surefire 9P and P91 lamp too.
    Just could'nt hold myself and bought an Inova X5T also.
    Was there actually to get some AAA led keyring lights for friends...and ended up with more than I initially planned.
    Anyway was happy with my latest toys

  2. #182
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South of SG, kitchen window fa
    Posts
    40

    Talking A perfect place for torchlight use but yet...

    THERE'S NO TORCHLIGHT ON HAND!!!

    Was with friends for New Year's Countdown at the seaside... was trying to form the words "2004" using sparkling sticks... guess what? It's dark and no one had a torch... duh!!!

    End up having to improvise with ..... light from handphones.. *groan*... literally struggled to get the words formed.. (see pic below - it's actually much darker.. no street lights, and it's taken with camera flash... )



    If only I had a torch with me...hehe.. perfect time and place to use it... hahaha...

    But it was a pretty good countdown.. hehe.. played with sparkling sticks and party poppers.. IN THE DARK.. hehe

    Here's how it eventually look like.. haha.. only the "2" is visible.. the rest is simply a mess!!


    Had a great time anyway... could have been MUCH better with a torch though... keke... even a LED keychain would be useful!

    Happy New Year folks!

  3. #183
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South of SG, kitchen window fa
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Ok... i noe i screwed up... here's the link of us struggling with light from handphones:

    http://community.webshots.com/s/imag...7kqPpqc_ph.jpg

    And here's the final product:

    http://community.webshots.com/s/imag...2SVQjmA_ph.jpg

    Apologies.. i swear i saw the pictures come up in the preview... but then again.. it's 4am... maybe I'm dreaming.... hehe..

    Cheers

  4. #184
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore - Jurong West
    Posts
    807

    Default

    "You don't have permission to access /s/image5/0/30/77/107903077kqPpqc_ph.jpg on this server."

    Ops.. can't see a thing. I just got my E2E last nite. Nice and small compared to the Pelican M6. Very white beam.

  5. #185
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    South of SG, kitchen window fa
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    "You don't have permission to access /s/image5/0/30/77/107903077kqPpqc_ph.jpg on this server."

    Ops.. can't see a thing. I just got my E2E last nite. Nice and small compared to the Pelican M6. Very white beam.
    *yawnz* wah liew... think there's more to adding links for pics... anyway the pics can be found here... two photos only...

    http://community.webshots.com/user/cyberkinetic

    Back to sleep... still stoned...

    Cheers.

  6. #186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fantom
    morganoh
    Paid abt $320 for the A2. It's a beautiful torch. Very impressed with build and quality of the Surefire.
    Oh just back from Sheares... got me a Surefire 9P and P91 lamp too.
    Just could'nt hold myself and bought an Inova X5T also.
    Was there actually to get some AAA led keyring lights for friends...and ended up with more than I initially planned.
    Anyway was happy with my latest toys
    $320 only!? I was there just now and they quote me $440....give and take at most can get $400 only.....

    Wanted to get the X5 but they quoted me $95 lowest....thought can get at $80??

    The L4 was $300 something...cant remember exact price

  7. #187

    Default

    darr: who did you speak to?

    do refer to previous posts in this thread for the names of people to talk to, i'm sure you'll be able to get a better deal.

  8. #188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s_wrx
    darr: who did you speak to?

    do refer to previous posts in this thread for the names of people to talk to, i'm sure you'll be able to get a better deal.
    I forgot to ask for his name, he's the most chatty guy in the store. Medium height and rather tan.

    We chatted so long that I forgot about my expired coupon....in the end bought the LightPower Micra. Wanted to get X5 but they only got black left.

  9. #189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    I forgot to ask for his name, he's the most chatty guy in the store. Medium height and rather tan.

    We chatted so long that I forgot about my expired coupon....in the end bought the LightPower Micra. Wanted to get X5 but they only got black left.
    Haha what did I type....meant LongBow. It's a local brand. Solid build, but dont seem to be Type III. He told me I'm the first guy to bought it.

  10. #190
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    Haha what did I type....meant LongBow. It's a local brand. Solid build, but dont seem to be Type III. He told me I'm the first guy to bought it.
    around how much did you got it for ?

  11. #191
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Singapore - Jurong West
    Posts
    807

    Default

    The Micra should be $150 I think.

  12. #192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    I forgot to ask for his name, he's the most chatty guy in the store. Medium height and rather tan.

    We chatted so long that I forgot about my expired coupon....in the end bought the LightPower Micra. Wanted to get X5 but they only got black left.
    ahh.. we saw you around that faithful day..

    longbow is not too bad, support local products man! hee.. next time if possible, go down and ask for william or jason.. if they're busy, just wait..

    ps, were they the final price quotes he gave you?

  13. #193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    around how much did you got it for ?
    He told me was orginally $160 and they dropped the price to $125. Seriously speaking you have to pay about twice that amount to get something similar from the mainstream brands. And I must say the Luxeon they use is really top notch, unlike certain brand in order to sell their Luxeon cheap use lackluster ones.

    I am so satisfied with the light that I have written a review. Looking for a place to post it. Would putting it here be too long?

  14. #194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by s_wrx
    ahh.. we saw you around that faithful day..

    longbow is not too bad, support local products man! hee.. next time if possible, go down and ask for william or jason.. if they're busy, just wait..

    ps, were they the final price quotes he gave you?
    Is it? I only notice a lady and about 3 others, when I left at 5+ think I was the only person left.

    So who's the guy I talked to? I know there's a lady and 2 guys, 1 in blue stripe the other think in grey. So who's who? The chatty one eventually attended to me as he seems he got a lot of his own torchlight collection to share with me heh

    yah final price...... I must hang around there more often to get good price uh?

  15. #195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    how much does Meridian charge for shipping ?
    They quoted me US$23 for shipping 1 x A2,1 x X5, 1 x X1. US$20 for shipping 1 item. So I presume they calculate shipping by quantity and not weight......

    Rather ex uh....read somewhere that BatteryStation ships 1 x Pelican M6 for US$7 only. Have yet to ask whether they ship Surefires.....

    Anyone wants to get from these places? share shipping. I'm getting a couple of X5, X1 and the TwinTask. But would want a deposit as an assurance else you will see me selling torchlights at Chinatown (I won't run, too many CS people knows me )

  16. #196
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    I am so satisfied with the light that I have written a review. Looking for a place to post it. Would putting it here be too long?
    post it here, or in candlepowerforums forums, the people there might be interested as well

  17. #197
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    Anyone wants to get from these places? share shipping. I'm getting a couple of X5, X1 and the TwinTask. But would want a deposit as an assurance else you will see me selling torchlights at Chinatown (I won't run, too many CS people knows me )
    i'm planning to get a couple of Arc AAAs when they're in stock, most probably getting them direct from ArcFlashlight.com

  18. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    yah final price...... I must hang around there more often to get good price uh?
    no need lah.. they're fair, and the regulars get charged the same prices too!

  19. #199
    Member Andy Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    The chatty one eventually attended to me as he seems he got a lot of his own torchlight collection to share with me heh

    yah final price...... I must hang around there more often to get good price uh?
    Not to worry, Their prices are quite reasonable. I belief the more chatty guy you were referring to must be Johnny. If better price is what you are looking for, look for Jason or William. Johnny is a staff there, & you know, a staff is always limited in his discount liabilities regardless of company. I must tell you one thing though, the difference is very slight as Sheares profit margin for torchlights is very little.

    Andy Ho
    Last edited by Andy Ho; 5th January 2004 at 03:18 PM.

  20. #200
    Member Andy Ho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    389

    Default

    Oh btw everyone, I just purchased a KL5 LED head for my Surefire M2 Millennium and I must say I love it!

    For some of you who may not know it, it is a bezel head assembly built in with a 5 watt Luxeon Star LED bulb that generates 65 lumens worth of almost pure white light. The KL5 fits on the front of most 2 cell Surefire torches with exception of the E2e. If you own the E2e, E2O, or E2W you can look for KL4. KL4 is using the same LED head but has a much smaller reflector and the beam is more of a flood than a throw. The KL5's beam is slightly whiter than the KL4 (or L4) and throws further. There is also a KL6 but it is only suitable for M3, M4, or M6 series flashlights. If you do not have any Surefire torches to begin with, you can buy the whole unit which includes the lamp, body, and on/off tailcap. Namely, L4, L5, or L6 digital Lumamax. It's a shame that there is currently no stock for L4, 5, & 6 but Sheares still got a piece of KL5 LED lamp assembly if you are interested.

    Warm regards,
    Andy Ho

Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst ... 58910111215203560 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •