Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 5050 vs 5060

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default 5050 vs 5060

    now that 5060 is out ... any idea what will be the advantages of choosing 5060 over 5050? what's the price diff between them?

    personally i like 5050 using the AA battery, but of course would like to hear more about other important aspects before i make a decision.

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Kitten's Den
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    now that 5060 is out ... any idea what will be the advantages of choosing 5060 over 5050? what's the price diff between them?

    personally i like 5050 using the AA battery, but of course would like to hear more about other important aspects before i make a decision.
    You gain a longer zoom (4x vs 3x), gaining on the wide angle side (27mm), faster bootup and response, a LCD that can be flip back and reverse, and a build in filter thread. (C5050 requires the use of a lens adaptor to use filter)

    You loss the use of AA battery and the maximum aperture is now f/2.8 (vs f/1.8 of the C5050), and the camera is taller.

    Price difference is only about $100, assuming you are refering to new ones.

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default

    hmm considering the small difference in the price, so what do you experts suggest? with considering the newer 5060? i m 'shortlisting' the cameras i wanna buy. thinkin bout oly A1 ... but price few hundred bucks more ... but still thinkin. any suggestion/opinion will be much appreciated.

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default

    saw on bestbargain ... C5060 selling at $1155 & C5050 at $1120 ... hmmm such little diff in pricing. find it weird. anyone has any idea why the 5060 is priced so low (or is 5050 price too high)? what should i look out for when making decision? please help.

  5. #5

    Default

    if u dun need the fast lens, get the 5060.


  6. #6
    Member Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Any comments on the shutter lag between the 5050 and the 5060?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frisky
    and a build in filter thread. (C5050 requires the use of a lens adaptor to use filter)
    I don't think 5060 has a built in filter thread, it still need a optional adaptor.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Everywhere where e sun shines
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Erm...you mean Oly E1....I would consider the DSLR as there's an option of lenses you can use...been using my 5050 for abt 6mths now...veerry satisfied with the quality...but at times fustrated due to lack of "pulling" power...although the 5060 have a 4x zoom...still might not be sufficient...since gonna invest you money...why not pop in a few more hundred and get the option to use a range of lenses??

    Just my 2 cents worth...

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    hmm considering the small difference in the price, so what do you experts suggest? with considering the newer 5060? i m 'shortlisting' the cameras i wanna buy. thinkin bout oly A1 ... but price few hundred bucks more ... but still thinkin. any suggestion/opinion will be much appreciated.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Kitten's Den
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ndroo
    saw on bestbargain ... C5060 selling at $1155 & C5050 at $1120 ... hmmm such little diff in pricing. find it weird. anyone has any idea why the 5060 is priced so low (or is 5050 price too high)? what should i look out for when making decision? please help.
    It is the same reason why A1 is selling cheaper than 7hi. The older model have been sold at the higher price to the retailers, if they lower the price there will be a lot of complain from the retailers I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    Any comments on the shutter lag between the 5050 and the 5060?
    Shutter lag of the C5060 is said to be much better than the C5050, but that is what I heard. If you are think of buying it you should try it out yourself.

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Kitten's Den
    Posts
    733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majere2sg
    I don't think 5060 has a built in filter thread, it still need a optional adaptor.
    The 5060 do have a build in filter thread. However it still uses a new lens adaptor for Wide angle and Tele lens.

    Check out the following URL for details :
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_...c5060_pg2.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •