Thread: Korea Winter

Default Korea Winter

As Christmas is round the corner, I would like to share some of the pictures taken end last year while I was on a package tour in Korea. I was told they have a very heavy snow fall during that year and the it was very cold indeed. Wish to head back there someday just to take the snow scence.

You may view the few snow scence from My Gallery . Just click on the slide show and let it roll. Any comments are welcome.

Cheers

Steven Tor

Hi Steven.

U have some nice pics in your Gallery!

I might be going to Korea this coming Jan and i'm wondering if i should bring my 10D along too..
    Could you share with us on how to keep the camera in the cold weather? and how to prevent the condensation forming on the lense when moving from cold to warm environment?

thanks!

beautiful people shots.

the landscape needs more ooomph

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea
    Hi Steven.

U have some nice pics in your Gallery!

I might be going to Korea this coming Jan and i'm wondering if i should bring my 10D along too..
    Could you share with us on how to keep the camera in the cold weather? and how to prevent the condensation forming on the lense when moving from cold to warm environment?

thanks!
    Hi Chelsea

I am not sure if 10D works in such cold environment as I am a total Nikon user. I used the Nikon 100D in this trip and never suffered any problem even in temp at -10 degree. You would want to ensure you have enough back up batteries while in the open and to have a least one ot two pack kept in your warm clothings that is on your body. Batteries would not last long in the cold and the spare batteries in your clothing would comes in handy. Ensure the spare batteries are kept warm near to your body.

I did not experienced any condensation problem getting from cold outdoors to warm indoors. Maybe is because even the indoor in the hotels or rest place are not that warm either. What I did was wrapped my gears in plastics bags while travel on long bus journey with air push out of the bags. I did this to prevent condensation when getting off from bus to the outside after a long bus trip. On all other times, I just take my gears in and out as per normal and they performed well. Hopes this helps and do have a good trip and share some of your pictures when you are back. You could pm me if you need further information.

Cheers

Steven Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    beautiful people shots.

the landscape needs more ooomph
    Thanks for the comments. Would like to go back and spend more time on shooting snow landscape and if possible also shoot their wildlife in the cold winter.

Cheers

Steven Tor

Hi Steven!

Thanks for the reply.. I have a much better idea now!
    ok, should i need anymore information, i would know who to look for

Quote Originally Posted by stor
    Hi Chelsea

I am not sure if 10D works in such cold environment as I am a total Nikon user. I used the Nikon 100D in this trip and never suffered any problem even in temp at -10 degree. You would want to ensure you have enough back up batteries while in the open and to have a least one ot two pack kept in your warm clothings that is on your body. Batteries would not last long in the cold and the spare batteries in your clothing would comes in handy. Ensure the spare batteries are kept warm near to your body.

I did not experienced any condensation problem getting from cold outdoors to warm indoors. Maybe is because even the indoor in the hotels or rest place are not that warm either. What I did was wrapped my gears in plastics bags while travel on long bus journey with air push out of the bags. I did this to prevent condensation when getting off from bus to the outside after a long bus trip. On all other times, I just take my gears in and out as per normal and they performed well. Hopes this helps and do have a good trip and share some of your pictures when you are back. You could pm me if you need further information.

Cheers

Steven Tor
    Thanks for the tip. Will need it this week

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea
    Hi Steven!

Thanks for the reply.. I have a much better idea now!
    ok, should i need anymore information, i would know who to look for
    Well, really envy you fellows heading for this beautiful place. Condensation should not pose too much of a problem as the relative humidity is very low. Lotte World would be a good place to spend the Christmas. It is a Christmas wonderland with lots of Christmas mood.