Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentax New K (K-7) - Officially Announced at Pentax China Website

Default Pentax New K (K-7) - Officially Announced at Pentax China Website

Source from: http://www.pentax.com.cn/product/slr/newk.html

Pentax New K will be officially launched on May 20th 2009:

Last edited by fengwei; 8th May 2009 at 05:22 PM.

Default Re: Pentax New K (K-7) Officially Announced at Pentax China Website

Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Yeah, the jp sites got even bigger photos:

lets wait for the specs..there are high hopes everywhere that this will be something outstanding.

Default Re: Pentax New K (K-7) - Officially Announced at Pentax China Website

The specs pretty much is confirm liao... just waiting for the price...and K30D
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

What are the confirmed specs?

K7 ? Remind me of the good old AMD Processor K6 and K7

k7 is chinese is "stand on ceremony" - 请别客气。
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    What are the confirmed specs?
    no confirmed yet. but various sources (e.g ricehigh) claim to have the specs.

Sensor: 14.6 to 15 MP new Samsung sensor - debugged version of the old one used in the K20D: Less Noisy, More Functions for LV and Movie

Metering System: New 77-segment 7x11 (Seven Eleven? ;->) equally divided metering system - more advanced

AF System: Still SAFOX VIII 11-point AF hardware with tweaked AF software algorithms and should respond faster and better at low light

WB System: New More Advanced and Accurate Auto WB system and algorithms

HD Video: uncertain about 1920x1080 or 1280x720, no one talks about the frame rates concretely so far. (Whilst it is certain the Movie is there)

Viewfinder: 100% and 1.0X *Traditional* Optical Viewfinder
    just wait for the 20th. no point speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by rotisiao View Post
    no confirmed yet. but various sources (e.g ricehigh) claim to have the specs.

just wait for the 20th. no point speculating.
    RiceHigh has insider information . . .But he cannot spill all . . .
    Pentaxian for Life

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    RiceHigh has insider information . . .But he cannot spill all . . .
    I don't think he has any inside information. He's just a rumor collector

Can't spill all? He's posted whatever he could collect for this new camera from the very beginning

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I don't think he has any inside information. He's just a rumor collector

Can't spill all? He's posted whatever he could collect for this new camera from the very beginning

Haha . . must have missed the beginning . . .
    Pentaxian for Life

Blog Entries

Sensor: 14.6 to 15 MP new Samsung sensor - debugged version of the old one used in the K20D: Less Noisy, More Functions for LV and Movie

Metering System: New 77-segment 7x11 (Seven Eleven? ;->) equally divided metering system - more advanced

AF System: Still SAFOX VIII 11-point AF hardware with tweaked AF software algorithms and should respond faster and better at low light

HD Video: uncertain about 1920x1080 or 1280x720, no one talks about the frame rates concretely so far. (Whilst it is certain the Movie is there)

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    based on above specs, I guess there is no need for those holding the K20D to upgrade . They want to fine-tune SAFOX VIII again? ........... oh Brother !!!!
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    based on above specs, I guess there is no need for those holding the K20D to upgrade . They want to fine-tune SAFOX VIII again? ........... oh Brother !!!!

Mabbe to them it an very auspicious number
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Lol. It'll be funny if they actually have a traditional VF, and bright lines to show the 1.5 crop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    Mabbe to them it an very auspicious number
    Auspicious or not, if they adopt the same AF system that is passe, no matter how they tune it, the people who buy the new K7 system won't feel so lucky ............. ........
    Last edited by Zenten; 11th May 2009 at 10:09 PM.

If all the specs equal (or better) than K20, runs on AA batteries and with HD movie mode, then time for me to join the "higher class" gang....
    PENTAXKR,18250,18135,35,40,70,600,AF360
    SONYA6000,1650,1855,18200,5018,3028,16,RX100M3

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    If all the specs equal (or better) than K20, runs on AA batteries and with HD movie mode, then time for me to join the "higher class" gang....
    Drop the AA requirement and you're almost certain to get it.

Also, erh. HD movie mode, really? Unless they've managed to implement competent contrast af autofocus, I think it's really kinda useless...

I mean, good to have, sure, but not really a selling point (to me).

Meh. Who knows. I thought 14.6MP wasn't a selling point, but zomg cropping is great. haha.

Auspicious or not, if they adopt the same AF system that is passe, no matter how they tune it, the people who buy the new K7 system won't feel so lucky ............. ........
    Heh. If I were Pentax, I would rebrand it already.

Who cares if it's 95% the same system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dnaxe View Post
    Heh. If I were Pentax, I would rebrand it already.

Who cares if it's 95% the same system.
    That means possibly only 5% improvement on AF ........... you can live with that? ........ .....and to think they could have given you the full 100% .. YEARS AGO!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast