Thread: Alone at Changi Beach

Default Alone at Changi Beach

Went to Changi Beach alone to seek solitude with these subjects keeping me company...

Buoy adrift...

Discarded Shell...

Fallen Branch...

With nothing but the moon...
    Last edited by nolongerloner; 13th November 2003 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nolongerloner
    Went to Changi Beach alone to seek solitude with these subjects keeping me company...

Buoy adrift...

Discarded Shell...

Fallen Branch...

nice series... mood depicted very well but not of lonliness but of strong thoughts and finding solace in your personal space.

1st pic would be more impactful if you move the bouy up to the top of the pic.. pic lead-in... *white sausage a wonderful attention grabber*

2nd and 3rd pics - nice use of flash but the horizon's titled.. may be a good thing as this is a mood picture. 3rd pic, forground (branch) underexposed

keep shooting.. I like this mood series

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    nice series... mood depicted very well but not of lonliness but of strong thoughts and finding solace in your personal space.

1st pic would be more impactful if you move the bouy up to the top of the pic.. pic lead-in... *white sausage a wonderful attention grabber*

2nd and 3rd pics - nice use of flash but the horizon's titled.. may be a good thing as this is a mood picture. 3rd pic, forground (branch) underexposed

keep shooting.. I like this mood series

Think for highlighting the faults for pic 2 & 3. I beg to differ for pic 1, I felt that I should've placed the buoy on the lower right for quick identification of the subject to project the mood.

Thanks for the constructive comments SniperD. Still trying to catch up with the standards set by StreetShooter and yourself.

Will keep shooting (really dont know when I can really improve ).

Quote Originally Posted by nolongerloner
    Think for highlighting the faults for pic 2 & 3. I beg to differ for pic 1, I felt that I should've placed the buoy on the lower right for quick identification of the subject to project the mood.

Thanks for the constructive comments SniperD. Still trying to catch up with the standards set by StreetShooter and yourself.

Will keep shooting (really dont know when I can really improve ).
    I'm no where near the standards of SS man.. still a die-hard newbie

For picture 1, why I mentioned it to be up coz of the way the wave line leads up. Probably oso currently now your focus is mid-pi that could coz a misjudgement on my part... well, actually most will put the buoy in the foreground bottom (no joke about it) and use the shallow DOF to lead upwards to the top of pic... conventional maybe.... just throwing some ideas around

well, a pro once told me Photography is progressive. You will know it when you get there. Dun rush creativity

Pic 4 would've been nicer if the moon is on the upper right and the boat is lower left ... with the sense of the boat moving into the frame.

I think Pic 1 looks fine : if the buoy is higher up, there would've been too much out-of-focus foreground, effectively the bottom half of the pic will be blurr.