Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222730313233343742 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 988

Thread: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

  1. #621
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Alright.

    Just to update a bit for the Sungei Buloh trip on rental of long lenses.

    I have made reservation for 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM.

    Currently, these lenses are also available for rental.


    1. 300mm f4L IS USM
    2. 300mm f2.8L USM
    3. 300mm f2.8L IS USM
    4. 70-200mm f2.8L USM + 1.4/2x Teleconverter
    5. 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM + 1.4/2x Teleconverter


    Please do let me know if any of you want to share cost to rent those lenses for the trip. More item on a single receipt will yield more discount.
    hmm...if we take the 70-200 F2.8 + 2X + 1.6x = .......

  2. #622
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    ....all suddenly pop out!!

    however, i'm a poor man...
    Muhaha!

  3. #623
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    hmm...if we take the 70-200 F2.8 + 2X + 1.6x = .......
    If you stack hor, u lose a lot of stops you know. I think 1.4x is more than enuff liao. For 2x, f2.8 become f5.6.
    Last edited by RyanG; 15th May 2009 at 04:42 PM.

  4. #624
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    i think im getting the Super Takumar 105mm F2.8

    awesome lens!should i? cause he offering me good price.

    or 55mm f2 or 28mm f2.8, all good prices hehe, which one??

  5. #625
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    i think im getting the Super Takumar 105mm F2.8

    awesome lens!should i? cause he offering me good price.

    or 55mm f2 or 28mm f2.8, all good prices hehe, which one??
    1 tele, 1 WA, 1 Normal.

    Decide which one you need more for your photography.

  6. #626
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by velasco View Post
    i think im getting the Super Takumar 105mm F2.8

    awesome lens!should i? cause he offering me good price.

    or 55mm f2 or 28mm f2.8, all good prices hehe, which one??
    wat do u intend to shoot?

  7. #627

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Alright.

    Just to update a bit for the Sungei Buloh trip on rental of long lenses.

    I have made reservation for 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS USM.

    Currently, these lenses are also available for rental.


    1. 300mm f4L IS USM
    2. 300mm f2.8L USM
    3. 300mm f2.8L IS USM
    4. 70-200mm f2.8L USM + 1.4/2x Teleconverter
    5. 70-200mm f2.8L IS USM + 1.4/2x Teleconverter


    Please do let me know if any of you want to share cost to rent those lenses for the trip. More item on a single receipt will yield more discount.
    Try 300mm f/2.8 IS with 2x TC for birding. 100-400mm seems to be more appropriate for "walkabout" at Sungei Buloh. Tried mine and feel that the reach wasn't enough even with 1.6x crop factor.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  8. #628
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Try 300mm f/2.8 IS with 2x TC for birding. 100-400mm seems to be more appropriate for "walkabout" at Sungei Buloh. Tried mine and feel that the reach wasn't enough even with 1.6x crop factor.
    damn...sibei heavy...

    how abt I rent it and someone carry it 4 me..and when I wanna shoot, he pass it back to me.

  9. #629

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    damn...sibei heavy...

    how abt I rent it and someone carry it 4 me..and when I wanna shoot, he pass it back to me.
    And perhaps run away with the equipments at the end of the day.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  10. #630
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    49

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Hello guys...Newbie Reporting...hope to learn more from the experienced ones.

    Cheers!
    A well taken photograph evokes emotions and immortalizes the moment.

  11. #631

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by chrislimmc View Post
    Hello guys...Newbie Reporting...hope to learn more from the experienced ones.

    Cheers!
    Welcome to the club.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  12. #632
    Member RyuHendrabusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Hey guys, I intend to buy a 2X teleconverter. Is Kenko good? Called TK Foto and was quoted S$225. What do you guys think?

  13. #633
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyuHendrabusa View Post
    Hey guys, I intend to buy a 2X teleconverter. Is Kenko good? Called TK Foto and was quoted S$225. What do you guys think?
    Kenko is a good alternative as it's way cheaper than Canon's TC.

  14. #634
    Member RyuHendrabusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    663

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Kenko is a good alternative as it's way cheaper than Canon's TC.
    Yeah I've checked Canon's. They gave me S$600 for 2X

    Is S$225 for Kenko reasonable? Anybody had a cheaper quote?

  15. #635
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Buangkok
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by chrislimmc View Post
    Hello guys...Newbie Reporting...hope to learn more from the experienced ones.

    Cheers!
    Hi welcome

  16. #636
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Try 300mm f/2.8 IS with 2x TC for birding. 100-400mm seems to be more appropriate for "walkabout" at Sungei Buloh. Tried mine and feel that the reach wasn't enough even with 1.6x crop factor.
    Bro, that lens is a monster leh. I handled it before and I dun think I want to lug it to SBWR.

  17. #637
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by chrislimmc View Post
    Hello guys...Newbie Reporting...hope to learn more from the experienced ones.

    Cheers!
    Nice welcome to join our family.

    Stay active with all the things happening around.

    Most active topic is BBB - a deadly virus but as long as you have high anti-virus installed, you are safe but only to a certain extent. Haha!

    Anyway, look forward to you joining us for any of our sessions.

  18. #638

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Bro, that lens is a monster leh. I handled it before and I dun think I want to lug it to SBWR.
    You'll realize that it really pays off if you're going there for birding. Otherwise, 100-400mm would be good.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  19. #639

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Nice welcome to join our family.

    Stay active with all the things happening around.

    Most active topic is BBB - a deadly virus but as long as you have high anti-virus installed, you are safe but only to a certain extent. Haha!

    Anyway, look forward to you joining us for any of our sessions.
    Virus is ever-strong!
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  20. #640
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 6

    Quote Originally Posted by chrislimmc View Post
    Hello guys...Newbie Reporting...hope to learn more from the experienced ones.

    Cheers!
    Ah welcome, fellow "light" user!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •