Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidcowz View Post
    I happened to be waiting for a cab, when i saw the commotion. In the end the guy had his picture deleted and he had to surrender the mem. card.
    Well..you take your risks.. If you get caught then too bad.
    Kodak Easyshare C875
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1988 View Post
    Well..you take your risks.. If you get caught then too bad.
    I heard of a case whereby a carload of foreign plane spotting Caucasians proceed to park their MPV/SUV right in-front of a emergency gate, FUBAR #01.

FUBAR #02: They are found be in possession of a couple of air band radio scanner and a ACARS/ADS-B/Mode S receiver and decoder.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

can i join you guys for plane spotting?

interested also

can moderater pm me?
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

Confused with all the different designation used when people refer to the same aircraft model and variant (e.g. B744, B747-400, B747-412), this website makes a good handy reference. While the general public are most likely to be familar with the IATA codes, it is the ICAO codes that are the common standard use among the civil and military aviation government agencies, and aerospace companies.

Aircraft Type Codes.
    e.g. B747-400.

IATA Designation: 744
    ICAO Designation: B744

Boeing Customer Codes.

e.g. Singapore Airlines B747-400 will commonly be designated as B747-412.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the case of Airbus, the engine manufacturer, model and variant code is typically suffix instead, and you can check this site out for the appropriate codes and designation.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by sonyboy View Post
    can i join you guys for plane spotting?

interested also

can moderater pm me?
    No one is organising an outing currently, though I supposed many will meet up for the upcoming LIMA 2009 and the Singapore Airshow 2010. Anyway many local plane spotters are also members of Ninervictor aircraft spotting group, though member's and user's activity within the forum is relatively low, do check it out once in a while anyway.

Username (within quotation marks): "changi".
    Password (within quotation marks): "changi".

Credits to Klose for the help previously.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 22nd July 2009 at 07:06 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    No one is organising an outing currently, though I supposed many will meet up for the upcoming LIMA 2009 and the Singapore Airshow 2010. Anyway many local plane spotters are also members of Ninervictor aircraft spotting group, though member's and user's activity within the forum is relatively low, do check it out once in a while anyway.

Haha,

somehow indirectly Orion seems to the "mod" for planespotters in CS :X

Besides, Orion we shld strt a outing

Anyway, I jus posted some new takes in our main thread. Do check it out

Cowz.
    Olympus E-3: ZD 12-60mm F2.8-4 SWD|ZD 40-150mm F3.5-4.5|OM 50mm F1.4
    My Faith is my shield

if you all dont mind.

i plan one.
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100

haha... can get our gears ready...
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

if you all dont mind.

i plan one.
    Haha, go ahead. No one is stopping you, all relevant information pertaining to spotting locations is available in the first thread of this page, just make sure you take note of what you're not supposed to do.

I'll be at LIMA 2009, those attending might wish to meet up?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Haha, go ahead. No one is stopping you, all relevant information pertaining to spotting locations is available in the first thread of this page, just make sure you take note of what you're not supposed to do.

I'll be at LIMA 2009, those attending might wish to meet up?
    erm, how to go from s'pore ah?...

i am sorry.

but what is lima?>
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100

Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    erm, how to go from s'pore ah?...
    I'll be catching a Tiger Airways flight to Langkawi International Airport, a pair of round trip tickets cost me only around S$120 with an allocated seat and a 15kg check-in baggage allowance. This is real bargain considering that you'll have to pay S$459 for a similar Silkair flight.

Of course, IIRC you can catch a coach to Langkawi. Though it's going to take an entire day for the journey.

i am sorry. but what is lima?>
    Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA).
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

LOL. Sorry I had to implement the username & password, too many stupid bots registering and creating a mess.

I'll be catching a Tiger Airways flight to Langkawi International Airport, a pair of round trip tickets cost me only around S$120 with an allocated seat and a 15kg check-in baggage allowance. This is real bargain considering that you'll have to pay S$459 for a similar Silkair flight.

Of course, IIRC you can catch a coach to Langkawi. Though it's going to take an entire day for the journey.

Langkawi International Maritime and Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA).
    yah... checked that the silkair price is $400+...

but is it possible to go in the morning and back at evening/night?

Quote Originally Posted by Tango3 View Post
    LOL. Sorry I had to implement the username & password, too many stupid bots registering and creating a mess.
    I see, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    yah... checked that the silkair price is $400+...

but is it possible to go in the morning and back at evening/night?
    Possible but hardly practical, flight time alone will take up a total of around 3 hours and not to mention the additional hassle of having to check-in as early as 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

Besides Tiger Airways will only be adding a single aircraft (as flight no. TR 472 / TR 473) to serve between Changi International Airport and Langkawi International Airport every other day. You will then have to book a flight with some airline carrier for your return flight back to Singapore, budget carriers are also known to cancel flights wherever they feels like it.

Best if you can afford to spend at least 2 or 3 nights over there and enjoy not just the air show but the many other attractions that the archipelago has to offer. Take it as a holiday instead.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

I see, thanks for the clarification.

Possible but hardly practical, flight time alone will take up a total of around 3 hours and not to mention the additional hassle of having to check-in as early as 45 minutes before the scheduled departure time.

Besides Tiger Airways will only be adding a single aircraft (as flight no. TR 472 / TR 473) to serve between Changi International Airport and Langkawi International Airport every other day. You will then have to book a flight with some airline carrier for your return flight back to Singapore, budget carriers are also known to cancel flights wherever they feels like it.

Best if you can afford to spend at least 2 or 3 nights over there and enjoy not just the air show but the many other attractions that the archipelago has to offer. Take it as a holiday instead.
    thanks... maybe can consider having a holiday there.

but hope the hotels do not raise their rates too much or there's still vacancy...

Monthly NOTAM updates.
    Reference ID No. WSSSYNYX - 7/09 (2009.08.04).

Following post edited to reflect updated scheduled closure of Runway 02L/20R and 02C/20C at WSSS, in reference to CAAS Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP) - WSSS Aerodrome (AD) 2-11 to AD 2-12.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Singapore FIR A0768/B0768/C0802 24/5/09 NDP Flypasts

Between 2009.06.03 0330 hours to 2009.08.15 1245 hours, trigger NOTAM – reference to AIP supplement 32/09, closure of airports and airspace restrictions will take place due to national day parade 2009 flypasts. Refer to AIP supplement 32/09 for exact dates / timings.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 6th August 2009 at 09:39 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Temporary Restricted Airspace Due to Reasons Of National Security.
    Acronyms defined to the best if mine knowledge and the relevant links added to for additonal reference purposes.

Singapore FIR A1211/B1211/C1260 29/7/09 Tempo Restricted Airspace

Between 2009.08.09 0500 hours to 1400 hours for reasons of national security, the airspace over Singapore is declared temporary restricted airspace. All flights must comply with the following restrictions:

1) All flight plans must be submitted at least 1 hour prior to the planned departure timings.

2) All arrival traffic into Singapore are required to reduce speed to 250 knots indicated airspeed (IAS) or slower within 30nm radius of VTK (Tekong) DVOR/DME. This speed control restriction temporarily supersedes those published in AIP Singapore page ENR 1.1-10 paragraph 5.11.2.

3) All arrival into Singapore Changi airport:

- Shall be restricted to RWY 02 only unless unable to accept tail wind component. Traffic requiring to land on or depart from RWY 20 can expect delay of at least 15 minutes.

- Shall be separated with an in-trail spacing of at least 10nm.

- Shall be vectored to establish on RWY 02 LLZ (localizer) course by 10 DME. Thereafter, aircraft must not deviate from the LLZ (localizer) course without ATC clearance.

Singapore FIR A1212/B1212/C1261 29/7/09 Loyang Helipad / Training Areas

Between 2009.08.09 0800 hours to 1400 hours for reasons of national security, Loyang helipad and light aircraft training areas A and B including Seletar circuit training closed.

Singapore FIR A1213/B1213/C1262 29/7/09 Aircraft Ops

Between 2009.08.09 0800 hours to 1400 hours for reasons of national security, aviators are reminded to keep clear of Paya Lebar CTR (control zone) at all times unless positively cleared by the responsible ATC Authority. Aircraft not complying with the specified ATC restrictions may be intercepted. It is incumbent on all aviators to know and understand their responsibilities if intercepted - see AIP Singapore pages ENR 1.12-1 to 1.12-4 for details.

Seletar (WSSL) A1214/B1214/C1263 29/7/09 Flight Planning

Between 2009.08.09 0030 hours to 1030 hours for reasons of national security, the following flight planning requirements will apply to Seletar arrival and departure flights:

1) Pre-notified VIP, MEDIVAC (medical evacuation) / CASEVAC (casualty evacuation) flights as well as flights that have obtained prior approval will be required to submit flight plans at least 1 hour before estimated offblock time.

2) Unscheduled outbound flights must submit flight plans at least 6 hours prior to the planned departure timings.

3) Unscheduled inbound flights must submit flight plans at least 12 hours before arrival at Seletar.

4) Name of pilot-in-command and passenger manifest of all unscheduled inbound and outbound flights to be faxed to Seletar apron control at 65-64831754.

Seletar (WSSL) A1215/B1215/1264 29/7/09 Aircraft Ops

Between 2009.08.09 0030 hours to 1029 hours for reasons of national security, the following control measures will apply to Seletar arrival and departure flights:

1) Aircraft to depart on RWY 03 and land on RWY 21 unless unable to accept tailwind component.

2) All aircraft are to remain within the limits of Seletar CTR (control zone) unless cleared by ATC.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 6th August 2009 at 09:58 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

BTW, time format is in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 6th August 2009 at 10:09 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Changi GP Festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by Transportweekly.com @ 2009.08.14

The race of a lifetime at Singapore Changi Airport.

Changi GP Festival to showcase not-to-be-missed race between Porsche and Boeing 747 Singapore Changi Airport is revving up for the Changi GP Festival in September.

Airport visitors can look forward to a month of race-related activities starting with the Changi Airport Race – the first-ever jetliner versus car race in Asia. The race on 5 September 2009 will pitch a Porsche Carrera Cup race car against a Boeing 747 aircraft from Singapore carrier, Jett8 Airlines, to determine the speed king of the tarmac.

Two hundred grandstand tickets are up for grabs for fans who wish to hear and experience the race up close on the tarmac of Changi Airport. Members of the public who spend a minimum of $30 in a single receipt in the public areas of Terminals 1, 2 or 3 from 15 August to 23 August 2009 will qualify for a lucky draw to win a pair of tickets. Besides the grandstand tickets, another 500 tickets will be available for an exclusive live screening of the race at the public area of Terminal 3. Ticket holders will also be invited to enjoy the festivities at the airport on the race day.

Chief Executive Officer of Changi Airport Group, Mr Lee Seow Hiang said, “Changi Airport Group is proud to host this race of a lifetime, the first-ever between a jetliner and a car in Asia. There will be lots of buzz and excitement at Changi Airport with the Changi GP Festival. We invite everyone to join us as we celebrate the Singapore GP season.”

The Porsche car taking part in the race will be on display at Terminal 3’s Departure Hall for a week from 19 August to 26 August. On race day, Porsche will launch its new Porsche 911 GT3 at Changi Airport.

Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 16th August 2009 at 06:49 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast