Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 301

Thread: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

  1. #241
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Thanks for the schedule.

    There is still no news of who will be performing at the airshow.

    On An Aerobatic High

    Daring aerobatic flying teams take to the skies above the Changi Exhibition Centre turning it into a stage. These daredevil pilots will push their machines to the limit, performing amazing aerobatic stunts that require extreme concentration and split-second timing. Be wowed by the sheer elegance of the spectacular planes and let the extreme flying machines take your breath away.

    Aerobatic flying teams and performance times will be confirmed soon. Do visit this page again for updates.

    http://www.singaporeairshow.com/high...ngdisplay.aspx

  2. #242
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by hengpy View Post
    Singapore Airshow 2010 air closeure timings

    http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/export/sites/caas/en/Regulations_And_Guidelines/Rules_and_Regulations/ATS/AIP_Supplements/download/AIPSUP191-09.pdf


    Practices
    Thursday, 28 Jan 10 1030 – 1130
    Friday, 29 Jan 10 1030 – 1130
    Saturday, 30 Jan 10 1030 – 1130, 1400 – 1500
    Sunday, 31 Jan 10 1030 – 1130

    Combined Rehearsal
    Sunday, 31 Jan 10 1400 – 1530
    Monday, 1 Feb 10 1130 – 1300

    Flying Displays
    Tuesday, 2 Feb 10 1230 – 1400, 1430 – 1600
    Wednesday, 3 Feb 10 1130 – 1300
    Thursday, 4 Feb 10 1130 – 1300
    Friday, 5 Feb 10 1130 – 1300
    Saturday, 6 Feb 10 1130 – 1300, 1500 – 1530
    Sunday, 7 Feb 10 1130 – 1300, 1500 – 1530


    anyone know where the spot to take picture? beach at carpark no. 7??
    thanks a lot...

    yap, will need to scout around too...
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

  3. #243
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    thanks a lot...

    yap, will need to scout around too...
    I had tried to reconnaissance the area around Changi Exhibition Centre for potential spotting location but found out apparently the entire area was supposedly "private property" with a security checkpoint, manned by shopping centre type malay enciks, at the junction of Aviation Park Road and Changi Coast Road.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 16th December 2009 at 12:09 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #244
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.


    Right click on the above embedded video and watch on youtube for full HD (1080p) version.

    You simply have to admire the rugged characteristic of the these former Soviet Union aircraft. If that was a Airbus or a Boeing commercial airliner which got stucked in the mud you'll have a team of engineers swamping the aircraft and giving it a through inspection, neither will the pilot be allowed to advance the throttle to breakaway thrust (as was the case in the An-124 video) and it will have to towed instead.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 28th December 2009 at 12:44 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  5. #245
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Parked there ever since??? The clip looks very old. Why did they not use the aircraft?

  6. #246
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Parked there ever since??? The clip looks very old. Why did they not use the aircraft?
    The video was shot on the 23rd of October 1989 when the former Interflug Il-62 (DDR-SEG) "Lady Agnes" was flown to a 900m grass airstrip at Stφlln/Rhinow to be preserved as a museum.

    From time to time the final flight of a retired commercial airliner or a military aircraft destined to be preserved as a static display for future generations could just end on an aerodrome where one would have thought a landing on the runway to be nearly impossible. Take for example the two South African Airways B747-244B (ZS-SAN) "Lebombo" and B747SP-44 (ZS-SPC) "Maluti" donated to the South African Airways (SAA) Museum Society for static display at the Rand Airport in Germiston, South Africa.







    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  7. #247
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    The video was shot on the 23rd of October 1989 when the former Interflug Il-62 (DDR-SEG) "Lady Agnes" was flown to a 900m grass airstrip at Stφlln/Rhinow to be preserved as a museum.

    From time to time the final flight of a retired commercial airliner or a military aircraft destined to be preserved as a static display for future generations could just end on an aerodrome where one would have thought a landing on the runway to be nearly impossible. Take for example the two South African Airways B747-244B (ZS-SAN) "Lebombo" and B747SP-44 (ZS-SPC) "Maluti" donated to the South African Airways (SAA) Museum Society for static display at the Rand Airport in Germiston, South Africa.







    Ah! I learned something today!

  8. #248

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post

    You simply have to admire the rugged characteristic of the these former Soviet Union aircraft. If that was a Airbus or a Boeing commercial airliner which got stucked in the mud you'll have a team of engineers swamping the aircraft and giving it a through inspection, neither will the pilot be allowed to advance the throttle to breakaway thrust (as was the case in the An-124 video) and it will have to towed instead.
    Amazing video.. can see the aircraft director scrambling like crazy to get out of the way of that Vodka burner The Airbus A400M can do this too though. Its designed for soft-field. Not sure if the C-17 can do this.

    A400M maiden flight
    Last edited by K3N; 29th December 2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added video of the Airbus A400M

  9. #249
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by K3N View Post
    Amazing video.. can see the aircraft director scrambling like crazy to get out of the way of that Vodka burner
    I can only imagine what was going through the mind of the ground marshaller at the time, probably "OMG, it's starting to move".

    Quote Originally Posted by K3N View Post
    The Airbus A400M can do this too though. Its designed for soft-field. Not sure if the C-17 can do this.

    A400M maiden flight
    As a military transport aircraft, ability to operate from unprepared runways is a must though if the aircraft was stuck similarly in the ground, careful considerations have to addressed with regards to a safe extraction of the aircraft as you wouldn't want to risk damages to the undercarriage or possible FOD ingestion when breakaway thrust is applied.

    SIA A380-800 (9V-SKA) Pusback Incident At WSSS, Taxiway Whiskey Alpha.
    AAIB (MoT), Final Report ID No. AIB/AAI/CAS.046 (2009.03.11).

    A read for those that are interested.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 30th December 2009 at 12:11 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  10. #250
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    As some of you guys are well aware of the airspace closure that will come into effect 5 minutes before, after and during the aerial display practices, combined rehearsal and on the actual days of the aerial display itself, here are some preliminary information that will hopefully give those people who does not wish to pay for the Singapore Airshow a clue on where to position themselves for perhaps maybe a couple of shots of the participating aerial display aircraft.

    Aircraft participating in the Singapore Airshow both in the aerial and static display will utilise RWY 02R/20L at Changi Air Base (East) whereas aircraft participating only in the aerial display will be utilising RWY 02L/20R as they will be park at Changi Air Base (West) instead. Departure of commercial airliner will only be permitted from RWY 20C to minimise flight disruption and to maintain a safe separation distance between the commercial airliner and the aerial display aircraft over at the Changi Exhibition Centre.

    These will be a three way coordinated choreography between the ATC towers at Changi Airport, Changi Air Base (East) and the Changi Exhibition Centre.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 9th January 2010 at 09:04 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  11. #251
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    As some of you guys are well aware of the airspace closure that will come into effect 5 minutes before, after and during the aerial display practices, combined rehearsal and on the actual days of the aerial display itself, here are some preliminary information that will hopefully give those people who does not wish to pay for the Singapore Airshow a clue on where to position themselves for perhaps maybe a couple of shots of the participating aerial display aircraft.

    Aircraft participating in the Singapore Airshow both in the aerial and static display will utilise RWY 02R/20L at Changi Air Base (East) whereas aircraft participating only in the aerial display will be utilising RWY 02L/20R as they will be park at Changi Air Base (West) instead. Departure of commercial airliner will only be permitted from RWY 20C to minimise flight disruption and to maintain a safe separation distance between the commercial airliner and the aerial display aircraft over at the Changi Exhibition Centre.

    These will be a three way coordinated choreography between the ATC towers at Changi Airport, Changi Air Base (East) and the Changi Exhibition Centre.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  12. #252
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    thanks a lot.
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

  13. #253
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Hi guys, I have updated the guide for outdoor plane spotting locations at WSSS with a set of newer images from Google Earth along with some minor corrections, kindly please direct any "where is the photos taken?" inquires to the two postings, thank you.

    I have also indicated landmarks that might interest aviation enthusiasts, feedbacks and suggestions are very much welcome.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 10th January 2010 at 01:40 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  14. #254
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    8,167

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by hengpy View Post
    Singapore Airshow 2010 air closeure timings

    http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/export/sites/caas/en/Regulations_And_Guidelines/Rules_and_Regulations/ATS/AIP_Supplements/download/AIPSUP191-09.pdf


    Practices
    Thursday, 28 Jan 10 1030 – 1130
    Friday, 29 Jan 10 1030 – 1130
    Saturday, 30 Jan 10 1030 – 1130, 1400 – 1500
    Sunday, 31 Jan 10 1030 – 1130

    Combined Rehearsal
    Sunday, 31 Jan 10 1400 – 1530
    Monday, 1 Feb 10 1130 – 1300

    Flying Displays
    Tuesday, 2 Feb 10 1230 – 1400, 1430 – 1600
    Wednesday, 3 Feb 10 1130 – 1300
    Thursday, 4 Feb 10 1130 – 1300
    Friday, 5 Feb 10 1130 – 1300
    Saturday, 6 Feb 10 1130 – 1300, 1500 – 1530
    Sunday, 7 Feb 10 1130 – 1300, 1500 – 1530


    anyone know where the spot to take picture? beach at carpark no. 7??
    Best will be the beach next to CP6 before the ferry terminal to Batam, Msia etc..

  15. #255
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Thanks for the heads up bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Hi guys, I have updated the guide for outdoor plane spotting locations at WSSS with a set of newer images from Google Earth along with some minor corrections, kindly please direct any "where is the photos taken?" inquires to the two postings, thank you.

    I have also indicated landmarks that might interest aviation enthusiasts, feedbacks and suggestions are very much welcome.

  16. #256

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    anyone in this forum plays the Microsoft FSX/2004? Sorry for the out of topic qn...

  17. #257
    Member gilcrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazwanosman View Post
    anyone in this forum plays the Microsoft FSX/2004? Sorry for the out of topic qn...
    What you want to know about these 2 version of FS

  18. #258
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    AIRSPACE CLOSURE SCHEDULE FOR NDP 2010

    http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/expor...df?__locale=en

  19. #259
    Member gilcrest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    AIRSPACE CLOSURE SCHEDULE FOR NDP 2010

    http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb/expor...df?__locale=en

    Thank you !

    Now all plane spotters knows when to plane for that momentic shot!

  20. #260

    Default Re: Plane Spotters.sg @ ClubSNAP – Official T.C.S.S Thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by gilcrest View Post
    What you want to know about these 2 version of FS
    i would wanna download those call outs with project magenta. But need FSUIPC. Do you know where to get a free version for that?

    Those anyone in the forum knows anybody who have made a 737NG simulator?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 381112131415 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •