Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: a more open discussion: CLEANING UP

Default Re: a more open discussion: CLEANING UP

I do hope this discussion has not come to a dead end

Would the Mods and or Admin like to step in and say a few words ?

This should not just "go away", again.

It is an issue that needs some working out.

Please don't just let it go away only to surface again, "when it may be more of a problem" and "more have been hurt".

Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Would the Mods and or Admin like to step in and say a few words ?

This should not just "go away", again.

It is an issue that needs some working out.

Please don't just let it go away only to surface again, "when it may be more of a problem" and "more have been hurt".

Cheers

or when clubsnap hits the news for something again

which to me, seems to be the only way to have anyone try to improve things around here

what is the use of feedback when it is not considered, or responded to?

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    I just stumbled onto this thread and I am glad to read that there are other people who also see the need for some degree of cleaning up in order to safeguard CS as a place for serious photographers. I tried to look at the same concern but from another angle which is of ensuring some degree of "legal" protection for CS in the event some "bad" things occur. I feel CS should be "seen to doing more" within its capability to reduce any hanky panky. My suggestions in a PM which did not see the light of day were:

"Three suggestions are:
    More stringent requirements placed on organisers as they have the best vantage point of any such activities. The licensing idea should be aggressively implemented. Models advertising their commercial services must prove they are not underage. And if they are, parental consent form should be produced and filed in case it is needed. Raising the awareness level within CS with frequent reminders that you are concern and such activities will be dealt with severely. Certainly not by ignoring it."

More food for thought.
    While I agree that the idea of a licensing scheme should be aggressively implemented, the idea here that models advertising themselves for shoots need parental consent was in fact discussed before. The thing is that as for models there is no age limit. Even if parental consent is used and produced it is something that needs to be handled carefully. The question here I will rather address is the nature of the type of shoot.

That said ptgers here need to be mindful. But rather than beat a dead horse on this issue, I will suggest that ptgers can come up with something viable that will:
    1) clean up CS
    2) a certain said level of responsibility shared by all ptgers on photoshoots to prevent a certain previous incident from happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

which to me, seems to be the only way to have anyone try to improve things around here

this is something that I will want to aggressively prevent. right now, a lot of issues have been raised, but yet the sad fact here is that people who attend photoshoots and the like are laid back. only when the backlash happens again then they will come scrambling out to hit out at the bad press. the level of apathy amongst the members how attend photoshoots...as it seems that only a handful care about this community. once something happens...everyone comes out but by that time it is too late cause a lot of people will be dragged through the mud.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

Hi there my cute goat lips,

I tend to think that the Mods and most likely Admin are watching this thread and looking to see where it goes.

To me it is like, I am typing to a bunch of people out there and big brother is in a room with 1000 monitors watching, ready to step in when the red beacon goes off

I have the trust in this site, that those in the room of 1000 monitors do distinguish between what does or does'not require action.

With this in mind, I am quite sure that when they feel it is time to enter the discussion, they will in one way or another.

Prompts such as this one for their input is simply MY request, but, as I mentioned, they may (as I would expect), be waiting for more views from a greater number of members.

Needless to say, "I would like to hear from at least one Mod" to assure us that this thread is more than a drop in a bucket

Quote Originally Posted by scandal599 View Post
    this is something that I will want to aggressively prevent. right now, a lot of issues have been raised, but yet the sad fact here is that people who attend photoshoots and the like are laid back. only when the backlash happens again then they will come scrambling out to hit out at the bad press. the level of apathy amongst the members how attend photoshoots...as it seems that only a handful care about this community. once something happens...everyone comes out but by that time it is too late cause a lot of people will be dragged through the mud.
    well, that is how life works

only when people are getting affected, then they will bother, but it shouldn't be the case

apathy is the disease of today.. which major problem in the world didn't come about from people not caring?

IMHO. Whomever is really wanting the change. First step is to volunteer to be that sub forum moderator. Then proceed to influence policy from there. Cuz mods hav their own discussion sub forum that they discuss these issues. (I think)
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Hi scandal599,

This is why I am here. This is why you are here. This is why Goat is here. This is why everyone else that has posted is here.

Because we all want to do something to make the whole business better for all.

Be assertive rather than show a view of possible failure failure

You are needed to be here and in a positive sense.

Quote Originally Posted by CYRN View Post
    IMHO. Whomever is really wanting the change. First step is to volunteer to be that sub forum moderator. Then proceed to influence policy from there. Cuz mods hav their own discussion sub forum that they discuss these issues. (I think)
    I agree to your view

Well...let me put it this way. If...I am saying if, there is a chance, I will volunteer. But that decision rest squarely on the shoulders of the Admin and Mods.

Hi scandal599,

This is why I am here. This is why you are here. This is why Goat is here. This is why everyone else that has posted is here.

Because we all want to do something to make the whole business better for all.

Be assertive rather than show a view of possible failure failure

You are needed to be here and in a positive sense.
    Assertiveness is one thing. Failure is a real thing. We can make for the push. We just need the numbers to do so. As it is the people who have posted thus far like you, me nightmare etc are a handful. The rest are just sitting pretty and waiting. Agreed, this is a dirty job which no one wants to undertake. And while I am willing to take the first step, the question here is who else will make the subsequent step forward?

Well...let me put it this way. If...I am saying if, there is a chance, I will volunteer. But that decision rest squarely on the shoulders of the Admin and Mods.

Assertiveness is one thing. Failure is a real thing. We can make for the push. We just need the numbers to do so. As it is the people who have posted thus far like you, me nightmare etc are a handful. The rest are just sitting pretty and waiting. Agreed, this is a dirty job which no one wants to undertake. And while I am willing to take the first step, the question here is who else will make the subsequent step forward?
    Ok,

I agree with what you are saying

I only wish that at least a Mod would step in right now and say, "yes, me too".

But, because this has not happened as yet, I would not like the whole matter to simply go away.

There are many threads out there that are for people to read and then be part of. But, is this one (via the title) that would be of interest to many ?

Is this thread (with it's title) one that people of the same views as us are likely to click on ?

I am not one that will let this go away. And I will not say, "failure".

I believe in this very much .... even tho I am not there.

I do care as you do, even though I am not there and I will assist how ever I can even if it is simplty be typing words.

If you feel that this concern needs more input, create another thread with a new title that speaks of the issue better.

Personally, I think there are a lot of people out there that are hoping that this thread will start changes.

Cheers

I dun understand. Why you say no chance?

Alternatively, you can follow the example by DP. He walked the talk too.

I dun understand. Why you say no chance?

Alternatively, you can follow the example by DP. He walked the talk too.

well...then if that is the case...we can expect 2 DPs in CS. Which...I do not know if it is to the fortune of CS or not.

well...then if that is the case...we can expect 2 DPs in CS. Which...I do not know if it is to the fortune of CS or not.
    Hahaha.

2 DPs in CS?!?

Hahaha.

2 DPs in CS?!?
    There used to be 2

Remember student ?

Between the two of them, they made people look at things differently

I am sure that on this case they would be out there side by side !

There used to be 2

Remember student ?

Between the two of them, they made people look at things differently

I am sure that on this case they would be out there side by side !
    Ya. I remember Student. Sad he left.

But still, he left instead of perservering to make a sustainable difference.

Ya. I remember Student. Sad he left.

But still, he left instead of perservering to make a sustainable difference.
    Hi CYRN,

That view is ........... your view.

I will not go into a discussion about it as it does not assist the present situation.

Lets just say that we do have a DP point of view and that I am quite willing to support it and give just as much input as student wouid have done on this matter.

Now, can we get back to the subject

Hi CYRN,

That view is ........... your view.

I will not go into a discussion about it as it does not assist the present situation.

Lets just say that we do have a DP point of view and that I am quite willing to support it and give just as much input as student wouid have done on this matter.

Now, can we get back to the subject
    NM have already put up some suggestions in the feedback subforum. So it remains for the admins and mods to think it through and implement a feasible solution.

The thing is, netiher any of us as any wiser as to what they are considering. Cuz we simply are not in their discussion process. That is why I advocate joining in the Mod team. Share their load and understand the constraints. There are limitations as to what resources can be committed. Hardware/software/time/maintenance... Etc.

You (or anyone else) gotta be in to understand and make the change.

*edit: my view regarding this is somewhat different as stated previously.
    Last edited by CYRN; 10th May 2009 at 10:45 PM.

NM have already put up some suggestions in the feedback subforum. So it remains for the admins and mods to think it through and implement a feasible solution.

The thing is, netiher any of us as any wiser as to what they are considering. Cuz we simply are not in their discussion process. That is why I advocate joining in the Mod team. Share their load and understand the constraints. There are limitations as to what resources can be committed. Hardware/software/time/maintenance... Etc.

You (or anyone else) gotta be in to understand and make the change.
    Hi CRYN,

Thanks for this post,

I was unaware of any thing new in the feedback forum regards issues in this thread.

I will go and have a read.

Cheers

No.

I can't see anything different in FAQ.

Therefore does it mean that the Mods...ect are away

I personally am cheesed off that no one with any authority has responded to this thred.

Therefore I will create a thread to make it a subject.
    Last edited by Pablo; 10th May 2009 at 11:06 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast