Thread: Photo of Germany

Default Photo of Germany

My Short trip to State of Bavaria, Germany

http://www.pbase.com/chyeheng/germany

Hope you enjoy the photos and feel free to leave comments.

the pics taken are quite good ........
    was juz thinking abt the metal signs on the door that u have taken..... perhaps it would be better that the pics are taken head on ?

thanks
    7ways

Just out of curiosity, did you shoot the pictures with a digital cam? a digital slr?

think he is using Olympus C-750UZ
    great shots
    wish i can go there
    10-20,18-70,18-200,50,80-200,70-300

Not a dSLR, I am only using the Olympus C-750, truly a remarkable travel camera. Only thing is at low temperature, the metal case feel so cold...

I think the 1st thing that strikes my mind was wanted to show that even the door handle is such a beautiful metal
    design. I agree with you that taking it headon will better to focus on displaying its pattern.
    Last edited by chyeheng; 13th November 2003 at 12:47 AM.

I like the Fog scenes.. very nice capture. Try B&W for those.. you will be surprised

nicely documented... wish I can have a trip there too.....

very nice pictures again...!
    seems like you always go travelling hor...
    just recently saw your NSW photos and were very impressed by it and now went to germany...! ritchie rich??
    anyway... do travel more so that you can bring more photos back for all of us to share and learn...!!

notice that some of the photos are a bit dark... isit the whether there not very good...? and also from your exif data... saw that for most of your photos, they are taken at ISO 100... but previously from your NSW album, most are in ISO 50
    why do you need to take at ISO 100?

cheers

It was a business trip to Germany. So can only take photo by waking up early early in the morning at such cold weather about 5 degree with the wind blowing... sometime even couldn't hold the camera still...
    So not ritchie rich lah. Otherwise got a Canon 10d with ISO1600 and 1.8 lens

Yap you are right, it was drizzling, overcast, poor light everything that work against the C-750.

Quote Originally Posted by chyeheng
    It was a business trip to Germany. So can only take photo by waking up early early in the morning at such cold weather about 5 degree with the wind blowing... sometime even couldn't hold the camera still...
    So not ritchie rich lah. Otherwise got a Canon 10d with ISO1600 and 1.8 lens

Yap you are right, it was drizzling, overcast, poor light everything that work against the C-750.

at least thats an experience that many of us are still striving for... (well at least for me... )
    went thru your photos again and esp like the Munich_06...

so i guess its because of the lightings thats y you use ISO 100 cause it makes the picture brighter? brighter than ISO 50!

but the higher you go in ISO, the more noise you will get... am i right?

cheers...

Higher ISO means everything equal, it will allow faster shutter for
    the same exposure. Yes, side effect is higher Noise but to me I am
    fine with that as long as the picture and the mood that I wanted to
    captured is still possible.

A little noisy picture is better than no picture. In fact, when print
    out they really don't show up much.

You may want to download a demo version of NeatImage from www.neatimage.com to clean up some of the noise. Quite good, although some softening of the image is unavoidable... try it!

Thanks. I have a registered copy of that but only use them for ISO200/400 and mainly on portrait shots of my baby

Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    You may want to download a demo version of NeatImage from www.neatimage.com to clean up some of the noise. Quite good, although some softening of the image is unavoidable... try it!