Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movie files

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    izzit?? haaha ... anyway the files will be deleted once i watched it, and my video convertor dun have those file format tat u metnioned
    Hi West_ray,

For ASF > AVI
    Check out http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/index.html - quite easy to use.

* Not all ASF files are non-forwardable! * To be able to forward/rewind an ASF movie, it has to be INDEXED when it was created. Else, you will have to re-encode it with indexing, to enable this.

For AVI > MPG (VCD/DVD)
    TMPGEnc is the choice!

For downloaded movies, generally you will require DivX, Xvid or others as mentioned by caseytan.

* If you download codec packs, please note that they usually install various other software that are not required (e.g. video players).
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

Quote Originally Posted by petaflopz
    Hi West_ray,

For ASF > AVI
    Check out http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/index.html - quite easy to use.

* Not all ASF files are non-forwardable! * To be able to forward/rewind an ASF movie, it has to be INDEXED when it was created. Else, you will have to re-encode it with indexing, to enable this.

For AVI > MPG (VCD/DVD)
    TMPGEnc is the choice!

For downloaded movies, generally you will require DivX, Xvid or others as mentioned by caseytan.

* If you download codec packs, please note that they usually install various other software that are not required (e.g. video players).
    hi petaflopz , thanks for the link, but as i said, any avi files would not be able to play on my comp ... i really dunno y, i tried to convert avi files into other format, but just when i opned the avi file, my comp will just hang ...

probably your windows is too corrupted, time to reformat and reinstall

btw, win98se ? or win 2k/xp ?

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    probably your windows is too corrupted, time to reformat and reinstall

btw, win98se ? or win 2k/xp ?
    reformat n reinstall ??? how ??? del it and d/l from MS site? it's a XP ...

er ... backup everything from your hard disk, format the hard disk, find a WinXP CD, reinstall from scratch ... if not sure how to do it, better don't.

Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    er ... backup everything from your hard disk, format the hard disk, find a WinXP CD, reinstall from scratch ... if not sure how to do it, better don't.
    ... i think i will skip the movies ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12