Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Movie files

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Fernvale Road, Sengkang
    Posts
    395

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    izzit?? haaha ... anyway the files will be deleted once i watched it, and my video convertor dun have those file format tat u metnioned
    Hi West_ray,

    For ASF > AVI
    Check out http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/index.html - quite easy to use.

    * Not all ASF files are non-forwardable! * To be able to forward/rewind an ASF movie, it has to be INDEXED when it was created. Else, you will have to re-encode it with indexing, to enable this.

    For AVI > MPG (VCD/DVD)
    TMPGEnc is the choice!

    For downloaded movies, generally you will require DivX, Xvid or others as mentioned by caseytan.

    * If you download codec packs, please note that they usually install various other software that are not required (e.g. video players).
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petaflopz
    Hi West_ray,

    For ASF > AVI
    Check out http://www.geocities.com/myasftools/index.html - quite easy to use.

    * Not all ASF files are non-forwardable! * To be able to forward/rewind an ASF movie, it has to be INDEXED when it was created. Else, you will have to re-encode it with indexing, to enable this.

    For AVI > MPG (VCD/DVD)
    TMPGEnc is the choice!

    For downloaded movies, generally you will require DivX, Xvid or others as mentioned by caseytan.

    * If you download codec packs, please note that they usually install various other software that are not required (e.g. video players).
    hi petaflopz , thanks for the link, but as i said, any avi files would not be able to play on my comp ... i really dunno y, i tried to convert avi files into other format, but just when i opned the avi file, my comp will just hang ...

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    probably your windows is too corrupted, time to reformat and reinstall

    btw, win98se ? or win 2k/xp ?

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    probably your windows is too corrupted, time to reformat and reinstall

    btw, win98se ? or win 2k/xp ?
    reformat n reinstall ??? how ??? del it and d/l from MS site? it's a XP ...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    home
    Posts
    620

    Default

    er ... backup everything from your hard disk, format the hard disk, find a WinXP CD, reinstall from scratch ... if not sure how to do it, better don't.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    er ... backup everything from your hard disk, format the hard disk, find a WinXP CD, reinstall from scratch ... if not sure how to do it, better don't.
    ... i think i will skip the movies ..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •