Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

  1. #1

    Default Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Hi,

    Without having to venture into DSLR, what is the widest angle options for P&S cameras Thank You.


  2. #2

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    24mm so far i think.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Member Deyeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    80

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Lumix which has 25mm Wide Angle and 12X zoom 12.1megapixels

    Cheers ..
    40D|BG-E2N|24-105L F4.0 IS USM |70-200L F2.8 IS USM

  4. #4

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    24mm so far i think.
    Do you know which made and model? Thanks.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Deyeno View Post
    Lumix which has 25mm Wide Angle and 12X zoom 12.1megapixels

    Cheers ..
    Thank You for your recommendation.

    My friend has a 28mm Lumix and she didn't think highly of it. Now she want to get a better camera with a lense that is even wider than 28mm. Any other brand?

    How about good P&S camera with a wide angle adapter?

    Thanks again.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by since63 View Post
    Do you know which made and model? Thanks.

    RICOH Caplio GX200


    with wide angle convertor can probably go wider, ~21mm probably

  7. #7
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by since63 View Post
    Do you know which made and model? Thanks.
    The Panasonic LX-3 is one of the better ones.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  8. #8
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    The Panasonic LX-3 is one of the better ones.
    agreed

  9. #9

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Thanks again Guys.

    How about DSLK like camera + wide angle adapter? Or G10 with wide angle adapter? Any good? Thanks.

  10. #10
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Sigma DP1? see this link when they compare it against Oly E3 with ZD 12-60mm set at 14mm

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372416
    Last edited by denniskee; 7th May 2009 at 01:02 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    Sigma DP1? see this link when they compare it against Oly E3 with ZD 12-60mm set at 14mm

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372416
    Thanks. Does it takes wide angle adapter?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    The Panasonic LX-3 is one of the better ones.
    Yes,
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmclx3/

    About $670 now if not wrong.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen siung View Post
    Yes,
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmclx3/

    About $670 now if not wrong.
    Thank You.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    WA adapter can be an option, but I would advise that it has controls for the aperture to be stopped down (f11 or higher is best (not too sure if there is such a PnS btw), but mine only does f8)
    There is usually quite a bit of softness at the corners with the WA adapter and stopping down will help.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Currently, Lumix LX3 has the widest end at 24mm (35mm equivalent).

  16. #16

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    WA adapter can be an option, but I would advise that it has controls for the aperture to be stopped down (f11 or higher is best (not too sure if there is such a PnS btw), but mine only does f8)
    There is usually quite a bit of softness at the corners with the WA adapter and stopping down will help.
    Hello pinholecam,

    May I know which camera are you using and also with which WA adapter? Thanks.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by rendition View Post
    Currently, Lumix LX3 has the widest end at 24mm (35mm equivalent).
    Hello rendition,

    Do you know for the LX3 with the WA adapter, how wie can it go? Thanks.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by since63 View Post
    Hello pinholecam,

    May I know which camera are you using and also with which WA adapter? Thanks.
    Canon A590 with Raynox HD-6600.
    35mm is widest on the camera itself.
    MHO, f8 (max for this cam) still not enough for sharpness at corners. Its really more of a 'filler' lens/WA usage, and thats how I use it.
    Think the best results from the Raynox 6600 has been from Canon Powershot S series and Fuji prosumers.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Widest angle option for P&S cameras

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Canon A590 with Raynox HD-6600.
    35mm is widest on the camera itself.
    MHO, f8 (max for this cam) still not enough for sharpness at corners. Its really more of a 'filler' lens/WA usage, and thats how I use it.
    Think the best results from the Raynox 6600 has been from Canon Powershot S series and Fuji prosumers.
    Thanks Pinholecam,

    With the Raynox HD-6600, how wide can the 35mm be converted? Thanks again.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •