Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deal gone bad

Quote Originally Posted by kthan
    Hahaha...let's give him a few more days, in case his hp is really lost
    Use a different phone to call him (CallerID will not show your own H/P), or better still, ask a girl friend to call. Perhaps he won't switch off the handphone then. Then see if it's the same person you transacted with.

Default hi Eric

Well, I am happy with the lens and thank god I still have the lens. Only thing is why the guy gives assurances which he is unwilling to keep, for something less than $500? Surprised that he is willing to lose his reputation for just $500.

Anyway, will wait for the mods. If they didn't say anything, I'll just go ahead with naming him and his contact number.

Tks everyone for their sympathies and good words.

Maybe people like Jay, Swimcraze and Avatar set standard too high. All of them are top notch clubsnappers who deal honourably.

Eric
    Thanks Eric for your support and compliment. You were also a top notch buyer -no fuss, understanding, efficient and very polite.

Sorry to hear about the deal. I guess the only way now is for you to sell the lens...

take care.

regards.

swim.

heh, post his number, then all of us kaypoh here who want to know his version can call him and ask for his side of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by toasty
    heh, post his number, then all of us kaypoh here who want to know his version can call him and ask for his side of the story.
    By fri ok? I would be really sorry if his phone is being stolen here, although I doubt it

bro, actually u already post his name in another tread na...

Q?W?? rite??

no point finding fault or angry with this type of person..

anyway, hope u can sell it off... and let this matter rest..

as chinese always said, yuan yuan xiang bao he shi liao

Wish u luck..

p.s. i got no relationship with tat fellow... b4 any1 start flaming me..

Default the naming game...

kthan has not revealed the chap's nick name. He merely mentioned his real name - Qiwei.

aiyah...very easy to find out who.....just do a quick search to see who was selling the lens that kthan bought from

nowadays there are many new comers in CS. This seller only has 4 postings.
    Hard to determine whether he is really reliable. Just be careful next time!

Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    Thanks Eric for your support and compliment. You were also a top notch buyer -no fuss, understanding, efficient and very polite.

Sorry to hear about the deal. I guess the only way now is for you to sell the lens...

take care.

regards.

swim.

I agreed with swimcraze, maybe you should sell it off since the lens is in good working condition, morever you will not know what is the real story behind which that guy hanged up your call and subsequently off his handphone.

lets take the worst situation:
    after he sold you the lens, he drop his handphone and a lucky guy picks up,next you called his number, the lucky guy who picked up that phones answered and hanged up worrying that the owner of the phone wants it back.perhaps if he really lost his phone, he should have a new replacement of sim card by now. But now the question now is why he did not on his handphone ? do you consider this possibility:

he have not replaced his Sim card yet, but he took the initiative to terminate the current sim card and retaining the current number, he maybe not free to get a new replacement of simcard and thinking get it during weekends.

Another reason why he did not PM you from clubsnap could be he do not frequent CS often , hence did not recieve your message.

maybe now you should sell it off, give him 1 week incase he really have not get his simcard replaced yet. concurrently you should keep a lookout for his ID under who is online.

Hahaha...let's give him a few more days, in case his hp is really lost
    i know of some pple who log on to CS Buy and Sell just because they have something to buy or sell... they don't log on that frequently.. or sometimes.. don't log on anymore...

i reckon mebbe this fella is one of these types... give him sometime...

wah..so scary to hear this... so sad such things happen..

If report case to police indicating cheating or / CBT , wonder will they take it up ? then get Telco trace person name / address..

guess i better post more to be more aware by other CSers... hope more pple know me..

Posts count less also kenna...

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    sorry to hear about your bad deal.

even if u post that chap's name here - its a case of your word against his...
    Though itis a case of Eric's word against that chap, if he is innocent, he can also rebutt Eric's claim here. But I doubt he will do that. Morever, he could just change his handphone number for all you know

fully for the idea of RATINGS as in the case of yahoo.com
    hope the mods are doing something.
    if not,let us name those who A**h***s.
    i remember sometimes back an incident on the MO on cf card,when the mod delete the post just because the buyer name the dishonest seller,i was totally pissed off.
    Sad bout this forum esp buy/sell.
    Alot of my friends agree with me,hope this won't be the last time i log on here.

hi all,

I wouldn't call it cheating since i did get the lens in great condition. It just didn't fit my underwater housing and the seller didn't honour one little condition. Dishonest, maybe, but not cheating.

As mentioned , let's wait a while. But after all the hoo ha, i doubt he will appear again.

I was prepared to wait a week but when i managed to get thru his phone and got hung up, it just sort of set me off.

Swimcraze, it never occured to me to check the older posts of a possible seller. No wonder u r the old bird.

I think this lens is pretty hot so hopefully can sell it off. If not, I will just shot 1: 1.2

Eric

If that seller has only 4 posts, it might not be his actual nick. He can register for a new nick to do his B&S. One possible way to check is to get his IP from the log and then check if any other nick has logged in from that same IP. Of course, this will not work if his IP changed between the 2 logins.

This thread does not belong in the Buy and Sell forum.

I will be moving it in a short while to Kopitiam.

Thanks!

Roy
    As complexity rises, precise statements lose meaning and meaningful statements lose precision.

Next time buy photographic equipment, always bring along ur camera. Then take a snap of the seller Like that he/she/it will need a facelift before being able to come up with the similar stunt again!

Just trying to lighten things up!

If really he run, then post his name, contact, description, area where you dealt with him, where he stay etc, at least it will make things harder for him in the future.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll get the lens off your hands, its just when and the trouble involved. Take it as a lesson learnt and be more weary next time round.

Cheers and upz for you!

louis
    Guests

haha,like that we sell stuffs must post our face first lor...lol

Hi everyone, just posted his contact at Kopitiam. Thanks for the sympathies. Guess this will mean the ending of this unfortunate thread in an otherwise excellent forum.

Eric

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12