Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lens disassembly

Default Re: Lens disassembly

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    only thing is not about screwing it back, but unscrewing it out....
    Opps, paiseh, didn't read properly.

Anyway, next time use correct tool la.

If not, look for Fatigue! Haha.

Hi fatigue.....

i followed all your procedures till past removing the main PCB and unlocking all that.... those were quite simple and fun.

However.....in my haste and desperation...... i couldn't get a correct sized crosshead screwdriver (till this morning) so one of the screws (indicated by the green arrow in the last picture), the crosshead thread is worn down...........

haiz....so 2 of the green arrowed screws were okay, one worn crosshead thread.....

well, in the end, i reassembled the lens back but unscrewed the front lens mount and removed the offending loose screw and plastic piece that were happily dancing within my optics....and found out that actually, they belonged to one of the 3 1st lens group sliding ring screws and plastic bracket...... now only 2 of them are holding it in place.... tried zooming a few times and it seemed fine.... do i really need to put the this "lost in translation" screw and bracket back?

its just ARGH that i have to strip it down even past the steps that u;ve shown, till 3rd lens group, b4fore i can access fully the 1st lens group sliding ring.....

is there an easier way to access to that without striping it down completely?
    Yes, but you need to strip-down further and iI don't have the pictures.
    Putting it back is a bit challenging but it can be done.
    You need to device some techniques to put it back.

It's your call if you want to strip-down
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

Quote Originally Posted by Yapster View Post
    Opps, paiseh, didn't read properly.

Anyway, next time use correct tool la.

If not, look for Fatigue! Haha.

the correct tool arrived abit too late and i was too impatient to try to get it out...

heheheheh....

haiz.....Fatigue, come here for holiday with your family lah.....
    then i can pass u the 18-70 to gao dim

Okay...means, i still have to strip it till your last picture lah?

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    NOT TRUE! NOT TRUE!

After buying expensive lenses, no money liao!

Also, many not rich people buy used at lower prices, and some not rich people inherit expensive gear mah.
    ok, ok , my bad.

But how about those who visit me in luxurious cars? Should I charge 10% extra?
    9815-1974

Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post

Carefully lift the FFC indicated by blue arrow. It's attached by a double-sided tape to the aluminum ring. If you damage this, you can kiss your AF good bye

Before removing any screws, take note of the orientation of the aluminum ring.
    Check the pink arrows, the special shape on the ring should sit beside the FFC cable during reassembly.

Remove the screws indicated by green arrows

Remove the aluminum ring.

Remove the screws indicated by red arrows

Before removing the main AF mechanism, take note of the orientation of the mechanism.
    Refer to the gray arrow.

I have stripped the lens down to this picture yesterday, but notice the green arrows?

2 of the screws i could unscrew rather easily (they are quite tight), but one of the screws, maybe i didn't angle properly ( plus with a wrong tool) then the top Cross head thread is worn off ......

I might have to use a pliers/clamp to clamp hard and turn the lens inch by inchto untighted the remaining last screw.......

ok, ok , my bad.

nono.....shouldn't charge them extra 10%, negotiate to bring your kids to skool and back for you

LOL!

nono.....shouldn't charge them extra 10%, negotiate to bring your kids to skool and back for you

LOL!

Oh no! that's my only chance to go out.
    9815-1974

I have stripped the lens down to this picture yesterday, but notice the green arrows?

2 of the screws i could unscrew rather easily (they are quite tight), but one of the screws, maybe i didn't angle properly ( plus with a wrong tool) then the top Cross head thread is worn off ......

I might have to use a pliers/clamp to clamp hard and turn the lens inch by inchto untighted the remaining last screw.......

Looks like I don't need to complete the procedure. You just reached the advance level
    9815-1974

Let me just post the important step in reassembly

Make sure that this part

Engages with this part

This is the mechanism that connects the AF motor to the focusing lens.
    To test, you can visually see the movement of the focusing lens (view from front of the lens) while rotating the focusing ring
    9815-1974

WAH piang....

i thot i could find a good set of jeweller's crosshead screw driver set here!

but NO LOH!

WTF!!!!!

i can't believe that they dun sell such things in a DIY Home appliances shop (which oso sells all other things including building your own bathtubs/garden, lights etc....)

GGGGRRRRR.....

haiz......now i need to hunt for a stupid shop that sells such fine instruments .....

THIS IS A SERIOUSLY BACKWARD SAD SMALL TOWN! I seem to be living in STONEAGE TIMES!

ok, ok , my bad.

YAH!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123