Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lens disassembly

Default Lens disassembly

Hi all,

do you guys know if David aka fatigue is still doing lens disassembly and cleaning?

i am trying to reach him to ask if he is able to show me how to dismantle my nikon 18-70 to tighten the screw.... or in my case, the check if other parts are broken....

I have already PMed him, but have not receive any reply yet...

thanx heaps

PL

Default Re: Lens disassembly

He might be too busy with his own work or has too much repair work on hands at the moment that he can't come online to CS. Don't worry, he should reply you in due time.
    Dun blame the camera...blame the one behind the viewfinder :bsmilie:
    My Flickr..pls leave comments!

Quote Originally Posted by tkbonz View Post
    He might be too busy with his own work or has too much repair work on hands at the moment that he can't come online to CS. Don't worry, he should reply you in due time.

Thanx heaps...

do you have his email or something so that i can contact him via email instead then.

thanx heaps

PL

AMPA * WPPI * J team

Yes, I still do lens cleaning.
    Almost cleared my back logs.

I tried to send the instruction by mail, but it's too big.
    Maybe I can simply post the procedure in one of the threads
    ( 'hope nobody gets angry, no intention to steal someone's rice bowl)
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

vince123123
    Guests

Wah if you are willing to share, that will get a big thumbs up from me

Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post

Hi David,

do you have say MSN or skype? then it'll be easier to stream it via the airwaves. I've sent you my contact via PM my MSN/skype.

In anycase, if you're able to post the procedure, it'll really benefit everybody.

Deepest appreciation.

Couldn't send the file, it's too big.

I started uploading the pictures to my gallery (exceeded daily limit)

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showgall.../23585/cat/500

If you have attended my seminar, there's a short cut procedure
    9815-1974

do you do all models David?

vince123123
    Guests

I see the picture also sweat liao. I think for some tens of dollars, I'll probably just send it to you instead of trying to DIY

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    Hi all,

do you guys know if David aka fatigue is still doing lens disassembly and cleaning?

i am trying to reach him to ask if he is able to show me how to dismantle my nikon 18-70 to tighten the screw.... or in my case, the check if other parts are broken....

I have already PMed him, but have not receive any reply yet...

thanx heaps

PL
    Hi Bro, can you tell us what's wrong with the lens. Is it just a simple case of screw loose. I tot just need to tighten it?
    Do not be afraid [of ghost and bullies] Shoot them......

Blog Entries

sharing of knowledge is always welcomed
    except for political, religious and the normal things that are stated in the Terms of Use.

Quote Originally Posted by La Fontaine View Post
    Hi Bro, can you tell us what's wrong with the lens. Is it just a simple case of screw loose. I tot just need to tighten it?
    Hi....

the whole screw from within the capsule came loose and its happily runny around in my lens, and erractically jams up somewhere so that i can't zoom. Hence i will need to open up the lens.

and sending to David is not an option now (although i'd love to send to him first), I'm currently in Europe for a long time, hence i am extremely appreciative for David to share exactly how to do it.

Another thing is, while Singaporeans find it extremely cheap to just send it to NSC or other places to repair in Singapore, this option is very unlikely in Europe. Firstly, there is not many other people who repairs it like David. Secondly, the charges by NSC is astronomical (WITHOUT having to convert back to SGD yet!)

So, technically, Singaporeans should be be more contented with the availability and cost in SG.

vince123123
    Guests

plsoong: NSC SG's charges are also astronomical. Last time I went to change a small battery catch on the MBD200 and they charge me S$50-80 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    plsoong: NSC SG's charges are also astronomical. Last time I went to change a small battery catch on the MBD200 and they charge me S$50-80 for it.
    Wait till u come to Europe..

whatever u see in SGD, just change the alphabets to PLUS 19% VAT

so if u see SGD 50-80, change it to about 60-90 and then add 19% VAT across board.

and for all those still being so naive and always look towards the "western world as the best", when u're living there, you'll start to appreciate the convenience and the relatively cheaper prices offered in SGD. (of course there will always be cheaper places)

Just a short OT and for all those who aspire to come to Europe "because SG getting too ex and all that....."

the income tax for those who wanna work here in Germany is 50% - 60%. and that is without COMPULSORY health insurance which is another 18+% and of course a compulsory contribution to the compulsory "pension" which as a foreigner, hardly will not be able to get back......

so do your math...

vince123123
    Guests

Well if I earn 10k in SGD, will I also earn 10k Euros there? Its not so much about the numbers, but the spending power. ALso other factors like subsidies heatlhcare and stuffs comes into the picture when assessing overall consumer spending power.

Wait till u come to Europe..

whatever u see in SGD, just change the alphabets to PLUS 19% VAT

so if u see SGD 50-80, change it to about 60-90 and then add 19% VAT across board.

and for all those still being so naive and always look towards the "western world as the best", when u're living there, you'll start to appreciate the convenience and the relatively cheaper prices offered in SGD. (of course there will always be cheaper places)

Just a short OT and for all those who aspire to come to Europe "because SG getting too ex and all that....."

the income tax for those who wanna work here in Germany is 50% - 60%. and that is without COMPULSORY health insurance which is another 18+% and of course a compulsory contribution to the compulsory "pension" which as a foreigner, hardly will not be able to get back......

so do your math...

WAHAHAHAHA!

u wish loh....i earned 3+ K last time in SGD per month after studying like siao,

and i WISHED i have 3+K now even though i'm still studying like siao...

fact is, i have only 1+K and i'm still studying like siao...and u may think, student no tax rite? should be scholarship or whatever they call it?

WRONG, i'm paying 40% "so called income" tax of that 1+ K (low 1+K btw) because i'm married and not 50% for singles
    and i've to pay 19% VAT for whatever i use... and i've to pay about 18% of the 1+K for compulsory insurance (even though i've to pay 5 Euros to see a doctor everytime regardless of whatever crap injury u get)

So regards to spending power, lemme clarify for those who are still in dreamland.

even the Europeans and so called Ang Moh's who've stayed, worked in Singapore or some parts of SE Asia recognizes that generally, they do not have much spending power here in Europe.

Unlike the traditional Singaporean culture and practise of savings, ang mohs don't really have much savings, because as long as they spend, their money goes......and it goes REAL FAST!

so y come here? The only real reason is because of this % taxes and all these % deductions, most people are earning about the same amount of $$$. so a Doctor (typical Asian mentality) and a student like me is not earning very much different. An artiste here can get as much or even richer than an engineer. so in terms of income equality, maybe there is a good reason. (of course i do not consider the 5% either side of the curve in my generalization).

Hence, it breeds a society that spends time to appreciate others for their skills, which is the GOOD thing about the other parts of the world. Rather than a typical Asian phenomenon of ..."Study hard, go uni, get degree paper, become better off" mentality, the environment here allows u to really find out what you want to be or like to do WITHOUT the pressures of "what if i do not get a job? I am afterall a painter and not a doctor....."

so i may not be the best person to put this across, but really, Singaporeans should stop bitching about how terrible Singapore is. There will always be points to be tweaked here and there, but really they should bitch about their own attitudes and maybe self reflect on their mindset - THAT is the main reason of stifling creativity.

ALAMAK....super OT liao lah!

In anycase, deepest appreciation to David for taking the additional effort to share his knowledge and expertise in taking apart the lens! *wish me luck*
    Last edited by plsoong; 6th May 2009 at 07:27 PM.

Hi....

Another thing is, while Singaporeans find it extremely cheap to just send it to NSC or other places to repair in Singapore, this option is very unlikely in Europe. Firstly, there is not many other people who repairs it like David. Secondly, the charges by NSC is astronomical (WITHOUT having to convert back to SGD yet!)
    Now I know where to go if I get retrenched here in Singapore
    9815-1974

Quote Originally Posted by B-setting View Post
    do you do all models David?
    Almost all. But I'm avoiding those very expensive lenses.
    Someone who can afford expensive gears should be able to afford charges at service centers

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    sharing of knowledge is always welcomed
    except for political, religious and the normal things that are stated in the Terms of Use.
    Thanks
    9815-1974

Warning: Dismantling a lens involves a lot of risk. Don't try this if your not confident

Put your lens on a clean a flat surface.

Remove the 3 screws that hold the mount cover (indicated by red arrows)

Remove the 2 screws the hold the contact pins (indicated by blue arrows)
    Use plus screw driver size 00 to prevent damaging the mount

Note: these are two different set of screw, don't mix

Carefully remove the mount cover.
    Make sure that the contact pin holder is not pulled when you remove the cover
    9815-1974

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast