Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A new life

  1. #1

    Default A new life





    in what area is critique to be sought?
    How is the composition and the placement of the subject.
    under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    I'm walking on the walkway, suddenly my friend shouted to ask me not to step on the plant. So i decided, i'll shoot it!
    what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    I think this picture really brings out the "new life" Since the floor tiles are very vintage.
    Canon EOS 450D|EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    My flickr

  2. #2

    Default Re: A new life

    I like this - the centralized composition and overflowing light from the background to the edges of the plant gives a pristine feel to it. Plant seems slightly out of focus though, would have been perfect if it were really sharp compared to the background.

  3. #3
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: A new life

    I would have tried to go lower abit more
    or u could have shoot at a lower angle and wide angle to show that this plant is not where its suppose to be because you said you didnt see it so you could use a wideangle shot to express its placement in a walkway/indoor .Not really sure if you understand me
    Last edited by lamergod; 12th May 2009 at 01:55 PM.

  4. #4

    Default Re: A new life

    Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    I would have tried to go lower abit more
    or u could have shoot at a lower angle and wide angle to show that this plant is not where its suppose to be because you said you didnt see it so you could use a wideangle shot to express its placement in a walkway/indoor .Not really sure if you understand me
    Cannot get any lower, kneeling on the road already, but thanks.
    Canon EOS 450D|EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    My flickr

  5. #5
    Member KingOfNoobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Commonwealth
    Posts
    204

    Default Re: A new life

    Quote Originally Posted by La Vida View Post
    Cannot get any lower, kneeling on the road already, but thanks.
    nicely taken photo...

  6. #6

    Default Re: A new life

    I like the idea. if it was me, I would have lied stomach down on the floor to get a slightly lower angle that will show more floor and emphasize the "new life"

    Cheers!

  7. #7

    Default Re: A new life

    Thanks.
    Canon EOS 450D|EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    My flickr

  8. #8

    Default Re: A new life

    Quote Originally Posted by La Vida View Post
    Cannot get any lower, kneeling on the road already, but thanks.
    your cam has live view right? you can either lie down or use live view for the low angle.
    I felt that that background top corner abit distracting...anyway, nice try!

  9. #9

    Default Re: A new life

    Quote Originally Posted by lyanlex View Post
    I like the idea. if it was me, I would have lied stomach down on the floor to get a slightly lower angle that will show more floor and emphasize the "new life"

    Cheers!
    agreed. someone once told me that if you refuse to actually go all out to take a picture of a subject, you might as well not take the shot at all. I'm talking about situations whereby you definitely know that you'll achieve a better shot from an eye-level of the subject, in this case a plant, and you refuse to do it just because you do not want to dirty your jeans.
    masamri.amir
    |project.photoworks|

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •