Thread: ClubSNAP Bluejack Club

Blog Entries

Talking ClubSNAP Bluejack Club

Try try for fun ...

Anyone doing bluejacking? Lets start a ClubSNAP Bluejack Club and try to find ClubSNAP members using our Bluetooth enabled phones in public places.

First person from ClubSNAP to successfully bluejack me (my phone name is CS-Darren) gets a Bak Chor Mee and Kopi-O at next SEED.

Report back successful bluejacks in here!

hahahah... can use Palm or not.. no BT phone leh...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    hahahah... can use Palm or not.. no BT phone leh...
    Sorry, but if i am not mistaken, bluejacking is possible between phones only.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Err... how har???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    Err... how har???
    Okay, basically bluejacking works like this:-

1. Create a contact in your phone book with the message that you want to send in the Name field. You can also fill in the other fields like Phone number, etc, but basically the message is in the Name field.
    2. Send the contact to a nearby phone which have BT enabled.

If ClubSNAP members can prefix their phone names with CS- then we can easily identify who are the ClubSNAP members.

Can always edit the Contact for different messages or you can create multiple Bluejack contact profiles eg.
    "hello good morning"
    "mrt very crowded today hor"
    "this is your phone talking to you"

Can you imagine the look on someone's face when they get a message and they won't know who its from ???

no bar chor mee for me liao.....

When I just have a quick look at the subject, I thought I saw BLACKJACT club ............

Okay, basically bluejacking works like this:-

1. Create a contact in your phone book with the message that you want to send in the Name field. You can also fill in the other fields like Phone number, etc, but basically the message is in the Name field.
    2. Send the contact to a nearby phone which have BT enabled.

If ClubSNAP members can prefix their phone names with CS- then we can easily identify who are the ClubSNAP members.

Can always edit the Contact for different messages or you can create multiple Bluejack contact profiles eg.
    "hello good morning"
    "mrt very crowded today hor"
    "this is your phone talking to you"

Can you imagine the look on someone's face when they get a message and they won't know who its from ???
    Sound interesting enough.... but HOW the heck do we send it? send by BT? searching... found blah blah blah... then send? but it need the other side to auto-acknowledge????

Think the recipient would need to switch "on" the bluetooth function on their mobile phone and not leave it in "auto" mode...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    Sound interesting enough.... but HOW the heck do we send it? send by BT? searching... found blah blah blah... then send? but it need the other side to auto-acknowledge????
    Yup, just select the contact (the message u just created/edited) and then "Send via BT" ... phone will search, search, search, and then return with list of available BT-enabled phones in the vicinity (with phone ID if the owner had entered a name for the phone).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin
    Think the recipient would need to switch "on" the bluetooth function on their mobile phone and not leave it in "auto" mode...
    Yup, must enable BT. For example, my T610 does not need BT to be on permanently, but will just turn on for the duration that it needs to send the contact.

Obviously, that would not help other ClubSNAP members if my phone is off, thus from today, I will enable BT on the whole day (or at least when I am in public places).

Yup, just select the contact (the message u just created/edited) and then "Send via BT" ... phone will search, search, search, and then return with list of available BT-enabled phones in the vicinity (with phone ID if the owner had entered a name for the phone).
    hehee...
    be prepare......

my t-68i and tungsten - t both using BT and was on always. Quite fun, have know a gal with that(quite chio one), got her icq, email , have chat in irc, have chat in icq and when ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

Message encrypted , your need to be a premium member to view the entire message
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    my t-68i and tungsten - t both using BT and was on always. Quite fun, have know a gal with that(quite chio one), got her icq, email , have chat in irc, have chat in icq and when ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *************************************************

Message encrypted , your need to be a premium member to view the entire message
    Wah.. finally change HP liao......
    hehheahhaaaa

*got custom make the cover with a Marboro...??

got bt on my pda but not on my hp...

how much is 2nd hand T68i nowadays, anyone?...

Quote Originally Posted by henavs
    got bt on my pda but not on my hp...

how much is 2nd hand T68i nowadays, anyone?...
    i have seen in HWZ, about $200 and less. pre-owned of course. still one of the most loved and exasperating phone.

kinda like smilie i quoted at the wall.
    Last edited by pterodactylim; 11th November 2003 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pterodactylim
    i have seen in HWZ, about $200 and less. pre-owned of course. still one of the most loved and exasperating phone.

Thx for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by pterodactylim

most loved... maybe...
    most exasperating... definitely...

used to own a T68m... never fails to frustrate me... slow SMS... hangs... reboots... laggy... sluggish...

world of a difference as compared to the T610...

anyway... if anyone sees or receives from a DW's T610...