Thread: card reader/writer

Default card reader/writer

Qn:

When you use a multi slot card reader writer, do you first disable the drive first (Safely remove hardware for Win XP) before removing your CF, SD, SM, etc cards? Or do you just plug it out after downloading?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBox
    Qn:

When you use a multi slot card reader writer, do you first disable the drive first (Safely remove hardware for Win XP) before removing your CF, SD, SM, etc cards? Or do you just plug it out after downloading?

As long as its not being accessed (writing, copying etc), u can just plug it out.

For myself, as a good habit, when I want to take out the media, I always eject the media in the reader while in Windows Explorer.

When I want to unplug the reader, then I'll go and "Safe Remove" the reader, then physically remove the reader.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ23
    For myself, as a good habit, when I want to take out the media, I always eject the media in the reader while in Windows Explorer.

When I want to unplug the reader, then I'll go and "Safe Remove" the reader, then physically remove the reader.
    Yes, I do that too.