Thread: anyone can give me some guide?

Default anyone can give me some guide?

hi guy,

wanted to know if my camera setting for 85mm f 5.6 and my shuttle is around 1/8 but i need a higher shuttle , if i turn my shuttle to 1/30 will my photo get over exposed?

can i improve my shuttle by using my 380ex?

Deregistered

Think u got the maths mixed up.. 1/30 is faster then 1/8.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Think u got the maths mixed up.. 1/30 is faster then 1/8.
    i mean my setting is 85mm f5.6 fastest shuttle show on my metering 1/8 to prevent under but this shuttle is too show for me... can i use 1/30? will my photo get over?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin^Newbie
    i mean my setting is 85mm f5.6 fastest shuttle show on my metering 1/8 to prevent under but this shuttle is too show for me... can i use 1/30? will my photo get over?
    i guess it depends on the shooting conditions that you are going to take... if the metering shows 1/8s for 85mm at f5.6 then i guess you will have to take it that way with a tripod...
    if you wanna take it at 1/30s then the picture might turn out under-exposed.

alternatively... you can try to opening your aperture to the fullest like f2.8 or maybe f3.5 and try..?? see whats the best shutter speed you can get...

just a suggestion... hope it helps..

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfTeC
    i guess it depends on the shooting conditions that you are going to take... if the metering shows 1/8s for 85mm at f5.6 then i guess you will have to take it that way with a tripod...
    if you wanna take it at 1/30s then the picture might turn out under-exposed.

alternatively... you can try to opening your aperture to the fullest like f2.8 or maybe f3.5 and try..?? see whats the best shutter speed you can get...

just a suggestion... hope it helps..

cheers
    my aperture only can open up to f5.6 cos i am using zoom lens

You can also use higher ISO setting/film to give you a faster shutter speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    You can also use higher ISO setting/film to give you a faster shutter speed.
    i am using film that have ISO 400 if set higher ISO will i get alot of noise?

Hi, see you get the BP50.

As rule of thumb, to get rid of camera shake, the shuttle speed should be faster then the reciprocal of the focal length you are using, in this case, 1/85 = 1/90 min. Unless you use triport, than slower speed is not problem.

But if you fix the aperture at 5.6, but force the shuttle speed to 1/30 even though the TTL metering suggest 1/8 sec (assuming you use evaluative metering), the shot will be under expose.

Using flash helps. At "P" mode, shuttle speed will range from 1/60 - 1/125 (max "X" speed of EOS 50/50E).
    "Av" and "Tv" mode will expose for the background while the flash is used as fill in, ie expose for the foreground, centre AF sensor if custom function 8 = 0, if 8 = 1, then if will follow the AF sensor used. But the shuttle speed may not hit 1/90, depending on situation.

You may want to look up a site call EOS Documentation Project, they have a supplement manual write up for EOS 50/50E.

Hope this helps.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    Hi, see you get the BP50.

As rule of thumb, to get rid of camera shake, the shuttle speed should be faster then the reciprocal of the focal length you are using, in this case, 1/85 = 1/90 min. Unless you use triport, than slower speed is not problem.

But if you fix the aperture at 5.6, but force the shuttle speed to 1/30 even though the TTL metering suggest 1/8 sec (assuming you use evaluative metering), the shot will be under expose.

Using flash helps. At "P" mode, shuttle speed will range from 1/60 - 1/125 (max "X" speed of EOS 50/50E).
    "Av" and "Tv" mode will expose for the background while the flash is used as fill in, ie expose for the foreground, centre AF sensor if custom function 8 = 0, if 8 = 1, then if will follow the AF sensor used. But the shuttle speed may not hit 1/90, depending on situation.

You may want to look up a site call EOS Documentation Project, they have a supplement manual write up for EOS 50/50E.

Hope this helps.
    thanx buddy,

i will try it out and the shuttle hit 1/60
    maybe this sat you can teach me more on EOS 50E, anyway i am still new to this camera . . .